Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-19-2013, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I've been doing my postage on-line for ages since it's cheaper and up until this last rate change, the delivery confirmation was free. Now it is included in all packages. If you are sending Priority you don't have to take it to the post office as you can arrange a pick up. But standard mail (or whatever it is now called) does have to be taken in.

No clues fit me yet so I gather my SP is one of the strong silent types. If I don't get it by Friday, I guess I'll join the others on the bench, but I figure since the mailing deadline was this past Friday I'd give it a week to get here before declaring myself a bench warmer.
I wish I could do this... but I don't have a printer, so I have to take everything where there is a lable to print! :/
Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 AM

WHOA, oh boy - SP, didn't mean to slight one of your gifts. I was sitting this morning looking quickly at one of my quilting magazines and remembered that one of my SP gifts this month was a years subscription to a quilting magazine. Talk about a gift that continues beyond the month!!! It is/will be GREAT and thank you Nina for doing that for me. Sorry I forgot to mention it when I posted the pictures above. That's the costs of getting older, I guess!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:08 AM

What a great gift.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
Have you heard this one??? While standing in line at the post office mailing DGD's Easter box....the guy who was helping each customer before they got up to the window.....he tells me that if I print out the postage at home then I can take 15% off the mailing costs. But I still have to drop it off at the Post Office. Now I haven't heard this one yet. And then when I got up to the window, the clerk tells me that the whole system at the post office is going to change. All the old timers are being let go and new people are being hired. Those who saw the signs of what was going to happen, retired out already. I know I read an article the other day that only "package delivery" will be done 6 days a week. Regular mail delivery (envelope type) will only be 5 days a week....no Saturday delivery of regular mail, only boxes delivered on Saturdays. This is supposed to start in August. Thought you'd like to know.
This is correct. They passed this about 12-18 months ago to be effective August 2013. They have been heavily promoting this this pass month in our area to get folks ready for it so they can't say they are surprised and did not know when August rolls around.

They claim they are losing money and have to do cut backs.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 AM

Got package from TammyB today!! Thankyou again.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM

Default Another fantastic parcel!

I'm beyond words (well, not quite, lol). I got another fantabulous parcel today from queenof2802.

As well as lovely batiks, needles, seam ripper, lotion and a bone for Fergus, I also got bobbins for my Featherweight. I'm delighted as I only have 3 and they're very difficult, nigh on impossible, to get here.

I'm over the moon with my Swatch Buddies and the thoughtful refills. I got a set from Darlene too (my 'Thing I Want the Most') so I can make a set of stash fabrics to keep in my class bag, 'just in case' (you never know when that perfect fabric is going to appear) and one for the special quilts I'm making this year! I'm so lucky.

Thank you so much - I love all my gifts!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]402972[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0576.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Swap Hosts

What lovely packages are coming in.
Someone whose SP for February disappeared is getting a nice package today.
And I hope she posts photos since so many don't bother to do so.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 AM

Your item is out for delivery at 8:39 am on March 20, 2013 in XXXXX XXXXX, XX ?????.

Since you do not know how to post, I will post pictures tongiht!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 AM

Default Love this package!

dconroy84: Thank you for such an amazing package. First, I received a lovely letter from Donna. I also received a fantastic sewing machine panel, 4 half yards and 6 fat quarters of gorgeous Asian fabric along with a pretty pincushion. There were long tweezers; scissors with a case that attaches to my sewing machine; 2 packs of green tea and a package of flower seeds. Here is the picture.

Attached Thumbnails 3-1913_0001.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
What lovely packages are coming in.
Someone whose SP for February disappeared is getting a nice package today.
And I hope she posts photos since so many don't bother to do so.
--------------------------------------------

Me! Me! It was ME that got left out!!!!!! And of course I'm going to post pictures ......

And take a good look at all this -- and she included a copy of my SP profile with things actually checked off! I really feel special. And EVERYTHING is going to be used, you can count on that. There have been a few projects I've been drooling over that involve "modern" quilting and techniques and call for solids and until now I had none. I'm a hopeless "pattern-holic" and love looking at them again and again for motivation and ideas. Some of these are calling to me right now to try. The mug mats are really funny and make me smile -- not only because of what they say but where they came from and the thought behind them. Thank you again, Krystyna. I'm grateful and very touched by the sentiment.

And ...................................TA-DAH!!
Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg   004.jpg   003.jpg