Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes February 29th 4:00 pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes February 29th 4:00 pm

March Secret Pal Swap Closes February 29th 4:00 pm

Old 03-18-2016, 10:04 AM

Still waiting for my SP to check her front porch to find the package that was left on Saturday. I'll wait a couple of days then initiate a search through USPS in case it was delivered to the wrong front porch![/QUOTE]

If I am your SP I checked my porch and there isn't a package there. I even have a 20gal rubber tote to put things in and nothing even there. Hope I'm not the one. Good Luck!
Old 03-18-2016, 10:06 AM

Knitette, I haven't seen those Peels before, look interesting. Love the Big blocks patterns. I seen something like that and have been wanting to get one, thought it would be super fast way to make some tops. Hope you post some of them when finished.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:08 AM

What a great idea with the button trinket box and putting things in it. Have to remember that and see what I can do with something. Wonderful!
Old 03-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

I received my package today from heronfan what a Fabulous package! Oh my, everything was simply wonderful.
from the botanical gardens note cards to the 1/2 yard cuts of fabrics. The buttons! Oh how I love buttons! Needle book ( I am almost a hoarder when it comes to my love affair with those. the worthers candies-- yummy! I forget about how much I love those till I'm surprised with them. Patterns, magazine...handy new tape measure-- pins, last project bent a few...always can use new pins...
you said it was 95* when you wrote my card-- 26* here this am, & 2-3" of fresh snow at work....
heres pic of my treasures-- thank you so much! Love it all![ATTACH=CONFIG]545180[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 03-18-2016, 12:15 PM

Such wonderful packages! You ladies are doing great in letting me know when you mailed out packages, I only have 3 I have not heard from. Will probably hear from them today. Keep up the good work and let me know when you receive as well. Thank you for your help, Lori
Old 03-18-2016, 11:49 PM

Some of you might recognise Eilean Donan (or 'Dogan' lol) castle. This was taken last weekend. Our holiday (vacation) lodge is about an hour and a half away. Baxter has now got rid of his lampshade.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545257[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 03-19-2016, 06:28 AM

Hmmmm, I am one of those that haven't received yet. Maybe today will be the day! I'm working on next month already. I wonder if it costs less to mail our pkgs by another way. Has anyone done this? I love filling my secret pal's box but cringe when I mail it!
Old 03-19-2016, 06:51 AM

Sunrise the two cheapest methods I've found are the padded flat rate Priority Mail envelope and the USPS Regional rate box A. Box A comes in two shapes and is a bit smaller than the medium Priority box. The flat rate envelope costs $6.80 and the Regional Rate Box A varies between $6.80 and 9.00 depending on distance. Both have to be ordered on-line as they are not available from local postoffices.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:55 AM

This is a pic of the great package I received from QuiltNut4ever this past week. Tons of fabric, including a couple of one yard cuts, a lovely sewing machine mat/ caddy, tape, scissors, binding clips, beads, books and more. Thank you again, Lillian.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545277[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails march-sp-rec.jpg  
Old 03-19-2016, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by soniboo View Post
That's cute Brigit Carol . Enjoy that new grand baby Nancy; there's nothing like the smell & feel of a new baby, so precious. Mailed to my SP & should receive in a day or two.

Youre right...nothing beats the feel of that little fuzzy head against your cheek, although a sloppy hug and kiss from a toddler comes really close