Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Sign up for Rhonda's Quilt Block Swap >

March Sign up for Rhonda's Quilt Block Swap

March Sign up for Rhonda's Quilt Block Swap

Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

sorry here is it is- Hope you all enjoy this month!

Cheryl - Stitchengramie

Klgreene- Juanita Bean

Podunk Princess - Rhonda

sgardner- sewfaster
Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM

hello mary, are you colors the same as Feb. ?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM

Yes they are Cheryl. Are yours the same?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:56 PM

Lots of pressure this month.....making one of Rhonda's blocks for Rhonda!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:06 PM

Hi Rhonda,

I tried to send you a PM but got a message that your box is full and you are unable to accept new messages until some of your saved messages were cleared --- what's up with that--I didn't know we had limits for that kind of thing!

Anyway, I need your input for colors/prints you prefer for the block I'm making you this month and your mailing address.

Thanks....Rita
Old 03-06-2012, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess View Post
Lots of pressure this month.....making one of Rhonda's blocks for Rhonda!
Oh yeah, she'll tear you apart. LOL just kidding. I think you could do the worst job in the world and Rhonda is just so sweet she'd never say anything. But yep, I'm sure you are nervous....don't be!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

well you can't encourage if you tear someone down! I do like to offer some constructive criticism if the person is open to it. but I am not perfect and make many many mistakes!!! I can always point out my mistakes! LOL

My first priority is that the item in question was made by my friend and I love holding something that I know that person was holding not long ago.

I did ask myself if I could accept a less than terrific quilt block or doll quilt etc in a swap and if the answer was no then I had no business getting into one.

But I love the differant way people look at color and design and I enjoy seeing how other people do things. I learn from them too. I don't look for perfection in anyone but myself! We are our own worst critics.

Besides the reason I did this swap was to encourage people to try my methods. I don't know about you all but my first efforts at anything are never anything but a mess! Until I learn to do it right after many tries. So view this as a trial effort Rita!! it's all about learning not perfection!! I am just thrilled to have you join us!!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 AM

how true Rhonda, I made about 4 ( SAME ) blocks in a row, just so I knew how to make that one. It got better each time. lol I have difficulty skipping around. Silly huh? When ( I ) work the sae block I start finding little short cuts that help me each time and get faster an faster with more precission. Now I know it's time to branch out a little, YUK, However I know I can do it because Rhonda's directions are so awesome, JUST AS SHE IS. Most of all I so appreciate her gentle spirit. Your so right Katie girl, Rhonda loves all, with the prefects and inprefections because she sees past...... HUGS to the girls making a block this month. Lets have FUN. YEA !!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 AM

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to try a new block this month just to challenge myself. Looking forward to seeing everyone's blocks this month.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Power Poster

I don't have any quilter friends here at home so when I discovered some of these shortcuts there was noone to share them with! I was so excited when I figured out the Drunkard's Path one but noone to tell! So I so appreciate all the quilters who are willing to try my methods and see the benefits of the shortcuts.

It is great to be able to do something but it is so much more when you can share what you discovered!!

I appreciate all of you for playing along in this swap! I don't care about perfection but I do care about getting the ideas of this process across to people. it is all about the way you put the block together not how perfect it is. Having said that accuracy is your friend if you take the time to trim a corner or straighten a seam your quilt block will look a lot better. A stitch in time saves nine! LOL I hate to rip so I do get picky on myself but I also have those moments when it is - oh well I am not going to redo that again! or that is just going to have to do even tho it isn't quite right.

A little bit off isn't the end of the world and I always say how do people know you didn't mean to do it that way?? LOL