Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

Blog Entries
    Moonrise,
    What an artist you are!!!!! Love it
    Just a quilter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Ok, I think I have caught up, had to skip some, but wanted to see what you all were doing with this one since Krystyna bullied me to join.
    HEY!!!Bullied???
    Glad you are having a good time with this. I think that as we move out of our comfort zone -- stepping away from the "I can't's" to the "Wow! I like this" -- we grow as quilt artists. And this seems to be a format that is really bringing out the artist in so many of you. Yes, the process can be confounding, but when we come out the other side ... boy oh boy! A new found creativity.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    The quilt for $70K is shown in Quilters Newsletter this month. it is pretty and it did take her quite awhile to make it. It does have some pretty stitches in it and is a collection of her grandmother and mother's fabrics. For myself, the time it took her to make it was extensive and I could never stick to it that long. she is surprised it went for that much as well. I do like her grandmother's fan in the border to surround the rest of the crazy she had going on.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by oowee View Post
    Krystyna,

Here is the scoop!!!! I am friends with scrappy fay1. We hang out at the lqs. In March Fay had sammygirlqt, April I had sammygirlqt, and May Fay and I both have psychomomquilter!!!! Now if that isn't funny!!!. I am not complaining I think it is awesome. We met at lqs today to try and figure out what we were doing and to get started on this THING you call crazy quilt!!! I am not liking it at all. We tried to hide our projects from one another and are trying not to get the same fabric in psychomomquilter's dq!!! I think I have pulled a sneeky and am changing my crazy quilt a bit shhhh don't tell Fay!!!!! Anyway we had a ball and the shop owner was in Michigan visiting family and we had the shop classroom a mess. We took pics for Cindy to see what we were doing. Of course we cleaned very well when we were done. Needlegrammy is going to post a pic of us during our quilting session and a little of what classroom looked like!!!
    OK I'm a little behind on following the posts here. I'm thinking it would have been rather interesting if you two did use the same fabrics and maybe different designs Or really wacky would be same design same fabrics but different colors of the same fabric prints. How often could you do something like that? And it would be wacky, but I think it would also be cute and hilarious.

I love the quilts which have come in! Moonrise, your binding treatment is very cool!, I may have to try that sometime!

I love the hummingbird quilt too!!! I have been very into birds lately they seem to be finding there way into all of my projects!

I am so curious about this $70K quilt, I hope I can find a pic of it online. It is amazing that it sold for so much, but we really put so much into our quilts it is nice to see one sell for a reasonable amount!

I found the article online http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/newt...tid=Cover1#/32 I don't have a subscription but it let me preview it for free.

Here is a pic of the quilt:
    Name:  crazy_quilt.png
Views: 221
Size:  1.53 MB

That is a fantastic quilt. I can't even imagine the hours and the work that went into it. Absolutely beautiful.

I've been wanting to do a crazy quilt for a long time. I have been collecting stuff along the way-buttons,lace,etc. I picked up some embroidery floss and buttons from Joanns in the past when it was on sale. Today I just spent $50 on beads in the jewelry making department. Huge sale this weekend - 50% off! I think I'm set for awhile

Blog Entries
    I mOHHHHH I'm excited since we are partners! I am plugging away at it lol

Blog Entries
    Two things ... first ... does anyone want another partner? We've had someone kinda sorta disappear and leaving one of our regulars swinging in the wind. *sigh* A hostess's job is never done...

Second, I received the most awesome gift from Ronda - aka rwquilts -- a simply remarkable little quilt. I am totally amazed at her talent. As I told Ronda, I had a hard time getting my husband's paws off this little beauty - he was amazed, too. I cannot thank her enough. Even the label was amazing. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! And as incredible as it looks in the photos, trust me, the photos don't do justice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Nina, thanks for posting that image. It is a beautiful quilt. Years ago I went to a sale at an old, old, old estate. The ancestral owners were neighbors of the Roosevelts and they were also good quilting friends. I purchased a couple of raggedy crazy quilts that had so many patriotic bits sewn in to them. Today, I am kicking myself around the block for not keeping them. They were sold to help pay my son's college tuition -- and I am quite certain that I did not get nearly what they were worth. All I can say is good for the quilt artist who sold it for $70,000. I am delighted that she found someone who truly appreciates crazy quilts!
    Krystyna

That's an awesome quilt K!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    That's an awesome quilt K!
    Totally! And she wasn't even my partner!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Off Topic Alert There is the sweetest young lady at the Joann's that I shop at most often. She is so helpful and thoughtful. A while ago she asked me if I would make a quilt for her from her deceased grandmother's house dresses. She said she couldn't bear to part with them so she thought a quilt would be lovely. I agreed. Well, I ran into her last night and we were chatting. I learned that she is going into the Air Force! It won't be until after Labor Day but I started thinking ... so many of us shop at Joann ... and here is a lovely young woman who is going to serve our country ... wouldn't it be wonderful if we could put together a patriotic quilt for her signed by quilters from all over our nation.
    Do you think this is something that some of our members would be interested in doing? We did one for a woman named Marty who was very ill. You can see it in Post 348 of this thread. It would be a QAYG sort of thing. What do you think? If you think it would be a good thing, I'll start a thread.
    Krystyna

LOVE this quiltie! You did a fantastic job, thanks for sharing! Ani

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    JuanitaBean PM'ed me to say that her DQ arrived, and asked if I could post a photo. Here it is! I had such fun making it that I made another one for myself. LOL!

It's decorated with vintage lace that I inherited from my dear Granny, vintage and modern buttons, a handmade polymer clay angel pendant, a handmade kitty cat bottle cap pendant, a beaded glass flower, and fancy metallic gold stitching. It was fun playing with all the fancy stitches on my sewing machine.

Attachment 334208
    Happy Seams to you, until we meet again!
    Ani

Blog Entries
    Krystyna,
    I can do it, if you have someone that needs a partner!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Two things ... first ... does anyone want another partner? We've had someone kinda sorta disappear and leaving one of our regulars swinging in the wind. *sigh* A hostess's job is never done...

Second, I received the most awesome gift from Ronda - aka rwquilts -- a simply remarkable little quilt. I am totally amazed at her talent. As I told Ronda, I had a hard time getting my husband's paws off this little beauty - he was amazed, too. I cannot thank her enough. Even the label was amazing. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! And as incredible as it looks in the photos, trust me, the photos don't do justice.
    In my quilt lab!

I'm up for making a block for your Joann's military gal!! I think that sounds like a wonderful gift.
    Abonda
    Take time to pray, It is the greatest power on earth!

Blog Entries
    Krystyna, you are sooo welcome! It was a fun little quilt to make.
    Ronda

Love the quilt, Krystyna! It is gorgeous!

I would be happy to make a patriotic block or two for you friend, I think that is a wonderful idea! I have never done quilt as you go, yet another opportunity to learn something new!

Blog Entries
    I finished my May DQ, thank goodness. I have the binding to sew down and the label to sew. Hand work, little harder to do. Will put in mail on Monday to my fun partner.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Just want to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all my friends here on the DOLL QUILT SWAP I am having so much fun with my little Crazy Quilt I hope I can figure out when to stop!!!!! lol ... I just keep finding more pretty stitches and flowers ....... hope my partner likes it!!!!!
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

I have finished piecing my quilt top but am not sure whether to put some fancy stitches on it or not and I am not sure that I like it enough to quilt it

Oh I thought this crazy quilt month might be a challenge for this 'traditional' gal and it is proving me right. It might have to go on my design wall for a couple of days so it is in my face all the time.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Krystyna /Ronda, Your pineapple dq is awesome. I love the colors!!!
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

Blog Entries
    Moonrise, Your quilt is gorgeous!!!! You are very creative!
    Barbara

Blog Entries
    Sammygirlqt, I will be mailing your dq on Monday. Hope you like it!!!!

Sweetwaterquilter, I need to finish the binding on your dq.

nancia, I hope the meds are helping your back.
    Barbara

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast