Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st >

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

Old 05-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

Pat that is just terrible. The weather seems to be just bouncing around with tornadoes, flooding, and fires. I can't even image all the damage from the flooding of the houses. I hope your neighbors get the help they need, as well as you getting your house back in order.

It's still rainy here today, and a bit cooler in the high 50's.

Lynnie that sounds great everyone where you live getting ready with the pool etc . for summer. Do you spend a lot of time in the pool?
Old 05-15-2014, 12:49 PM

My leg seems to be ok. It's just when I'm going up or down the stairs that it bothers me. I just had the guy over to deep clean and sanitize my rug as he thought that's all that was needed and he's coming back on Monday and he might have to do it again but it has to dry so I have a fan on and the dehumidifier on. I won't be able to sew until next week. Good thing I had my swaps already done. Now I noticed I have a clogged gutter and I have to get that fixed. It has a screen on it so I don't know what the problem is. One thing at a time. Next I need to get the windows fixed that were leaking. Always something
Old 05-15-2014, 02:09 PM

Laurie
Your mail box is full
Old 05-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

Pat, lets hope it's done raining by yu.
we get ours tonight till saturday. torrential downpours and severe flooding. I'm hoping it's not to bad. Our deck is 4" above the ground and we're about 12-15" above the parking lot. I feel so bad for those of you who have to deal with rain, flooding, fires, tornados and hurricanes. we're to get hit badly this summer by hurricanes.

Still no word from my partner. it's been a week she got it.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

Hey everyone, I need to make a correction on what I said about the long pins at Wal-Mart. I had my hubby look for them while I was looking for some other things. He had seen me looking for them before, so he knew what I was looking for. I said they were too long, but he said they were not long enough. He said they were only about 3" in the floral section. I somehow thought he meant they were way too long. I would have bought some at 3" given that I don't have any to work with yet, but last time I looked in that section they were only 2". I will keep looking around even on line and if I find any longer ones I will let you know.

Sorry about MY confusion. lol... You folks might be young, but I am getting old.

Take care everyone with the weather issues.

We haven't heard from Laurie. I hope she is ok.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Power Poster

I have done a bit of looking around, and seen where you can buy some 5" and 6" plain hat pins to decorate at JoAnn's in the jewelry department.

There is another place I seen that has many in longer. They seem to be in a bulk buy, but seen some that look very interesting. I forget if we can post that here. So I will try to give the name and then type in their search 'hat pins'
It's called - firemountaingems - Lots of stuff there.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:35 AM

Fire Mountain is where I got my 5" pins. I also ordered beads from them. They do have a lot of good stuff. I just got a new catalog from them the other day.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:04 AM
Power Poster

Karen I ordered a catologue too.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

Karen I ordered a catologue too. (sorry about double post on this Karen)

My tracking first said the package I sent should be delivered tomorrow (saturday), but today it says delivery today. That is fast, so someone up north from me might check their mail today. Although with the way the weather has been lately some may not be able to do that.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:05 AM

Sorry about the full mailbox, got it cleaned out now. It seems like I have been totally out of touch this month, real life keeps getting in the way. I discovered that water got in my dad's basement around the windows. Unfortunately my sister had cardboard boxes of stuff stored there. So I have spent the past two days emptying boxes and trying to salvage what I can. He also had a flood run through his garage and soaked everything in there. Normally not a problem, but we were staging stuff in there for a garage sale. Think it is going in the trash now. My sister said she will try to make it down this afternoon to go through her stuff. Dad's trash day is monday, so if she is a no show anything that got wet is going out in the trash. I am done killing myself trying to save her stuff.

Susan you are right, Pat does put together a beautiful package of goodies. Love the fabric choices.

Pat you might have a deep muscle bruise. Or, depending on where it hurts, you might have twisted your knee. Is it getting any better?

As far as the chicken pincushions for August, I am assuming you are all thinking of the triangular pattern? Or could we go with any kind of chicken?