Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st >

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

Old 05-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

It was still up in the air. I could get into a chocolate chicken or a wino chicken, or a beachy chicken. it would be fun to pick a theme for a chicken and dress it all up. last word was "it's a good idea, we need to do it". A halloween chicken with candy, a christmas one dressed as santa. So now we have some ideas. I need one now. i guess we can do a side swap. I know zippo about computes and doing this sort of thing. a cat chicken!, a dirty old man rooster! a spring chicken, a fried one, a rotton chicken. oh, someone, Please...stop me. Maybe we can do it soon. I gotta figure out a chicken.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie I go for one appointment tomorrow. Thank you for asking. Still taking lots of meds.

I seen on tv a lot about the flooding. It is terrible. The weather these days is very unpredictable.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

well, it was to rain yesterday and overcast today. they were wrong again! it was sunny yesterday and overcast today.
working on hexies, and trying to push thru a migrain. it's getting worse, so maybe not.

No word yet from my partner, maybe she's not home. have a great day all.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:33 AM

Oooh I love the red needlecase! Red always used to be my favorite color, now I gravitate more towards pink but still love the red. Karen don't compare yourself to others, there will always be someone better. You should be very pround of your dolls, they are very impressive. Pat keep a close eye on that leg if it doesn't start to feel better you might need to get it checked. lynnie if you don't hear from your partner soon I will give her a nudge.

We didn't have any damage, thank goodness. Well at least not in the house. Part of our driveway got washed out, but then we also ended up with part of our neighbor's driveway. LOL I guess it evens out? Now it is fixing to storm again.

I have been thinking about the chicken swap and was considering it for a theme for August. What do you all think? Would that be too restrictive?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:26 PM

I think a chicken swap for August would be awesome. I don't think it should be specific to a certain theme but let each individual let their imagination go wild. I'm sure we would get all kinds of crazy chicks.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:27 PM

Of course there is another thunderstorm now. I did call Flooring Pro and he's coming tomorrow and since I don't have a pad under my carpet he might just restore the carpet. It looks like the drywall is ok so this might be an easy fix. My 2 neighbors have brought everything out of their basement and put it out on the street. My other neighbor had his house condemned so I'm really lucky so far. I didn't have a chance to look up the tracking but my 2 swaps should have got theirs on Monday. Chicken Swap for August is ok with me.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:02 PM

Pat, did your next door neighbor with the new corvette have damage?
Old 05-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

Oh pat, that's just horrible. been there and hated it. hopefully you'll get some dry days.

August is good with me. I can start my chickie soon. gotta pick a theme for my chickie
Old 05-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Lauriejo you need to empty your message thingy. I can't get one to you. lol....

We were under a tornado watch most of the day, but it finally expired thank goodness. Now it's flash floods.

Pat I hope you get everything taken care of, and it seems like your neighbors really did have it bad.

I think August for the chicken swap would be fun.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Me and hubby went to post office today on our way to some stores. I received the most wonderful package of goodies from Pat/nhnative. I think it was probably there on Monday, but I had been sick so didn't get out until today.

Here are some pictures of the beautiful pincushion, matching needle book, those beautiful beaded pins, a pretty card with a sweet bird, 3 pieces of such pretty fabric, and a little teapot with Tennessee written on it with the map of Tennessee. Pat is so talented, and does such pretty work. Thank you so much Pat. I will be using it all. Ok, pictures, pictures. lol...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475567[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475568[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475572[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_1990-small-.jpg   100_1994-small-.jpg   100_1993-small-.jpg