Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-25-2011, 03:21 PM

Just now able to do this but I got my box and it was from Cindy Helbig, Wine Woman, and below is the pic of what she sent me. Now Cindy that fabric on the very far left, is the one that I am talking about. That is the one I am wanting to find more of. So I hope that it helps to help me get some more. LOL This was really fun to do. Looking forward to doing it again.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-202403.jpe  
    Old 05-25-2011, 03:23 PM

Very nice packages ladies.

I am all signed up for June, infact I made something special for my new pal. Hope you like it.
    Old 05-25-2011, 04:15 PM
    Power Poster

Peg, I am so glad that you liked the package. You have made a new friend. Enjoy and we are praying for your Father.

Originally Posted by gal288
    My Pal sent me a wonderful package. I can't thank her enough. The arrival was a ray of sunshine in my life, a much needed boost.

My kitchen is done in roosters and Twinkie included a great rooster towel, it's handing on my oven now. Christmas is my favorite holiday and she sent a stash of Christmas fabric & trinkets. Have to get busy on a wall hanging for my kitchen.

She made the swan pin cushion and finger pin cushion. They are so adorable. She also made a cosmetic bag and insulbrite pot holder.

Twinkie, you are so creative!

I have already thumbed the cook book and plan on making a panini sandwich tomorrow for dinner. Sounds so good!

Thanks Twinkie, I will enjoy every bit of it. She even sent a book for Logan, which I will read to him tomorrow!

Peg
    Old 05-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Still on the bench, hoping my package gets here in the next two days. If not, SP, it may be a week or more before I can let you know I got it because I'll be away. I'll be checking in so may know it's arrived before I can open. I know it's on the way and don't want any worry that it hasn't made it.
    Old 05-25-2011, 04:37 PM

Just received word that my package is in the mail. <3 Congrats to your new grandchild, SP! I look forward to finding out who you are soon. ;)
    Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by JSNOMORE
    YIPPEE I'm off the bench. I received a wonderful firmy from busymom. It was well worth the wait. She put a little bit of everything I like in there and even sent a little gift for my furbabies.(who are now fighting over it) They are just like little kids. I recieved a very pretty americana box with fat quarters inside and a flag pin. garden accents wrapped in another fq. a pin cushion and the cutest pins to put in it. a notebook and a note from busymom. Thank you so much.
    Lovely gifts. WOW wouldnt your floor make a GORGEOUS quilt. I love your floors. :)
    Old 05-25-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Originally Posted by TFquilter
    Maybe today I will receive my SP package...hope so...sitting on the bench...waiting...waiting...waiting..
    I know the tracking number by heart but that is still not getting it out of customs! Hopefully tomorrow
    I noticed on the Royal Mail site there was a note that US customs have been holding up incoming packages which, of course delays them. This started in March because of some sort of terrorist threat, I believe. As a quilter I have never been accused of being a terrorist before. :lol:
    Thank you for the info...

:cry: :cry:
    Old 05-25-2011, 07:34 PM

10 people received their packages today! Whew
    Old 05-25-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
    I'm also gonna be looking for a 222 and a 301 seriously...
    I just have to tell you... when I went to Canada about 10 years ago, my neighbor asked me to get her "some 222". Well, I did not know about old sewing machines then, and had a devil of a time figuring out what she wanted. I don't know if they still have either of these things, but back then, Canada had a lottery called "The 222". They also sold a pain reliever called 222, which contained codeine, aspirin, and caffeine. (The pain reliever is what my friend wanted.)

I know this is not remotely related to quilting, but the comment sent me down memory lane, so I thought I would share.
    :wink:
    Old 05-26-2011, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by cnolan
    Originally Posted by greenini
    I'm also gonna be looking for a 222 and a 301 seriously...
    I just have to tell you... when I went to Canada about 10 years ago, my neighbor asked me to get her "some 222". Well, I did not know about old sewing machines then, and had a devil of a time figuring out what she wanted. I don't know if they still have either of these things, but back then, Canada had a lottery called "The 222". They also sold a pain reliever called 222, which contained codeine, aspirin, and caffeine. (The pain reliever is what my friend wanted.)

I know this is not remotely related to quilting, but the comment sent me down memory lane, so I thought I would share.
    :wink:
    Isn't it strange how not being really descriptive of what we want we cause huge confusion. I guess a 222 machine would not relieve her headache!

Which reminds me that language/word meanings mean different things according to where you live. Working through US culinary terms for a Brit like me is like learning a whole new language. Not a complaint, as it is fun to find out about the way others live.