Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-07-2011, 03:41 PM

I just got my stuff! I am sooo happy. I got a book on two color quilts. I love making two color quilts b/c then I don't get overwhelmed by picking fabrics. I already picked two quilts from the book I want to make. I got a fabric that you use to make a hunter's star (very high on my to do list!). I also got some beautiful fabrics. I couldn't be happier!! I am off to PM my thank you. Hope my SP is just as happy with my purchases...
    Old 05-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Sounds like a wonderful package.
    Old 05-07-2011, 04:07 PM

*squees* I am just jumping with joy here. I got my package today from Crafty_Linda_B. Oh my god. Never would I have thought I would get such wonderful items! She made me a doggie pincushion, it is gorgeous and that is so sweet, I wanted to cry.

I also got some chocolate, a panel for a bag. LOVE IT. A beautiful note card that she wrote to me. A lovely pattern for a wall hanging and pillow with garden stuff.

Also, Ahem, this HOT looking book her daughter published. I can only show his head, cuz, well his chest is nekkid. *cackles* Just kidding, his chest is naked, but he's only peeking out of the box. I also got some promo items from her daughters book, which is also signed!! I can't wait to read this.

Thank you so much. I'm still in shock.

My box o' goodies!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]194333[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-194327.jpe  
    Old 05-07-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by pgaines
    Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    Since I was so blessed to receive my secret pal package yesterday, I am eager to get my package in the mail, too! I rec'd confirmation that something I ordered for my secret pal has been shipped and I finished my handmade project yesterday. Hopefully I can get my package mailed early next week to a southern destination. Today I will be making something for myself with the beautiful fabric I received from my secret pal while I munch on the delicious chocolate she included in my package! Life is Good!!!
    So I was wondering how chocolate might travel. Did it arrive ok, unmelted and everything? I was wanting to send some chocolate to my SP too, but was a little afraid to...
    ANYTIME and I mean ANYTIME be it winter or summer spring or fall, IF I am mailing Chocolate or something that melts, I put it into a large Ziploc Baggie...Just in case it wants to melt. Learned the hard way, I sent some Chocolate Covered Cranberries from Oregon to Tennessee and they melted but luckily not on the quilt I made. So that is just a suggestion for those that are sending Chocolate. :)
    Old 05-07-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
    *squees* I am just jumping with joy here. I got my package today from Crafty_Linda_B. Oh my god. Never would I have thought I would get such wonderful items! She made me a doggie pincushion, it is gorgeous and that is so sweet, I wanted to cry.

I also got some chocolate, a panel for a bag. LOVE IT. A beautiful note card that she wrote to me. A lovely pattern for a wall hanging and pillow with garden stuff.

Also, Ahem, this HOT looking book her daughter published. I can only show his head, cuz, well his chest is nekkid. *cackles* Just kidding, his chest is naked, but he's only peeking out of the box. I also got some promo items from her daughters book, which is also signed!! I can't wait to read this.

Thank you so much. I'm still in shock.
    Nice package, but I think we all need to know more about this book, lol!!! Actually, that was a great gift idea.
    Old 05-07-2011, 04:38 PM

Wow! Great packages so far...are any heading down to the Sunshine State :?: :lol: :mrgreen:

My package is all ready to go, but I missed the PO today..will definitely head out on Monday and it is going north and west...of course from Florida, that leaves many options...so here is a hint, my SP likes PINK! :-P
    Old 05-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Oh I like pink! I am north and sorta west, could it be me????
    Old 05-07-2011, 04:48 PM

Mine went to Texas & it should be there!!
    Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 PM

I just washed off the bench...gave it a new paint job now its a grass green and has pretty tulips, daffodils, iris's and roses all over it. And if you look real close, you may see a squirrel a few ladybugs and a couple of butterflies. Now we all have a nice pretty place to sit and wait for our packages. I will bring everyone some strawberry shortcake and a pot of coffee to start us all off. And hopefully we won't be sitting on the bench for too long. :) Happy Swapping.
    Old 05-07-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by gaby4v
    Got my package all wrapped up and ready to go...it's heading to the West Coast. :-D
    Ooooooh, I'm the west coast! Could it be me?!?!?!?!? My stomach is all fluttery with the prospect!