Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-11-2011, 06:41 AM

well i wanted to get my package out last weekend but due to life getting in the way i am going to make sure that package will be getting in the mail today sorry sp i am putting a rush on it if i can get it delivered as soon as posible
Old 05-11-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
Got the last of my SP stuff for her package tonight after class. So it will be on it's way tomorrow to a few states away. This person's package will have some "green" in it!This was my 1st SP Swap, it sure won't be my last!
oohhhh....is it me?? i live a few states away, and i love green!!!!!! gina
Old 05-11-2011, 07:23 AM

someone should be expecting a package in the next 2 days ... your zip code adds up to 20
Old 05-11-2011, 07:40 AM

We were out of town for five days - I arrived home to find a wonderful box from my Secret Pal! Awesome stuff! I am posting a picture, but it does not do justice to the items - and there was also a magnetic calendar which is already on my fridge! The fabrics are beautiful in my favorite falls colors; books from Eleanor Burns that are great; a lovely necklace; candy; beautiful tin decorated with pansies, and a very special bag of treats for my dog Rusty! Whoever gets Qwiltylady for a Secret Pal in future swaps is in for a wonderful treat!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-195717.jpe  
Old 05-11-2011, 07:44 AM

Just checked delivery confirmation again and the package was delivered at 7:50 this morning so someone in Salem, New York got a package.

Linda
Old 05-11-2011, 08:33 AM

Whoops - just taking a closer look at my box - the books were Kaye Woods (had in my mind Eleanor Burns and that is what I wrote in my initial post). The books from Kaye Woods do have some great projects and tips.

That's what happens when you get in a hurry, I guess. Going out of town for five days, about every 5 or 6 days, tends to mess up my routine!

Happy Quilting to all.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by Qwiltylady
I hope I didn't make a booboo. I have been working with my beads out for the past week so instead of sewing something for my secret pal I made her a necklace in her favorite colors. My question is did I muck it up now that the package is on its way?
I see some of my favorites there, maybe it is coming my way :lol: I'd be thrilled with it :mrgreen:

Me too, Candi, we seem to continue to have the same taste. :thumbup: :mrgreen:
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
Pam I am so glad you liked your goodies...My daughter wrote the book...DCL (Dark Castle Lords) is the publisher. I hope it isn't too "steamy" for you..to be honest I have never read any of my DD's books *L* she warned me they are kind of risque~ so she didn't think I would enjoy them. She got to meet the cover model last year in Nashville, TN when she went back for an author's signing. They call him the "Hispanic Fabio"!! His name is Armando. Her book was the 1st cover he had modeled for. She chose him from several different models to be on her book cover. I hope you enjoy it and the other goodies. I know you said you love puppies. So I thought the doggie pincushion was perfect for you.
crafty_linda_b

Originally Posted by reeskylr
*squees* I am just jumping with joy here. I got my package today from Crafty_Linda_B. Oh my god. Never would I have thought I would get such wonderful items! She made me a doggie pincushion, it is gorgeous and that is so sweet, I wanted to cry.

I also got some chocolate, a panel for a bag. LOVE IT. A beautiful note card that she wrote to me. A lovely pattern for a wall hanging and pillow with garden stuff.

Also, Ahem, this HOT looking book her daughter published. I can only show his head, cuz, well his chest is nekkid. *cackles* Just kidding, his chest is naked, but he's only peeking out of the box. I also got some promo items from her daughters book, which is also signed!! I can't wait to read this.

Thank you so much. I'm still in shock.

Linda would you share the name of your daughters book and her name with us? I love steamy books :oops: :oops: and hot cover boys :roll: :lol: :roll:
Old 05-11-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by jazs2
I received my package today 5-9
The package was great Thank you Tina (SitzSewing)

I got 2 yrds of fabric , 2 fat quarters, 2 pks sewing machine needles which I needed and some bobbins.
jazs2

I'm loving that red fabric, maybe red is moving up in my favorite color list. :mrgreen:
Old 05-11-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by gaby4v
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
My SP package will be mailed out tomorrow...

And He/She is only 12 hours and 15 mintues from me...
Could it be you????

One more clue...East of me.
It's not me.... :mrgreen:
Gaby how far by air are you? And isn't Japan as far "east" as one can go?