Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-16-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Wow! I got a most awesome and thoughtful package from my partner Oma66 today. She spoiled me rotten sending me wonderful fabrics, books and a tool case. The lilacs are among my favorite flowers, and the elephants are among my favorite animals, so she really did well choosing the fabrics she did. The two books look great, I can't wait to browse them some more this evening. And not only did she send chocolate to this chocolate lover, but she also sent me tea, my favorite beverage. You really did spoil, thank you so much for a wonderful package.

Wow Candi, you must have been a very good girl
    :mrgreen: what a fabulous package, I'll be over in a little while to have to share your chocolate and raspberry tea. Mmmm my two favorite flavors :thumbup:
    Old 05-16-2011, 02:39 PM

I got my package today and what a surprise it was from Bjeriann (jeri vbordewisch) again irt made the package all the more special. Jeri I promise to give you a call about my crown jewel but have added the quilt motion to it and have spent more time getting that to work (not all the part were sent) and am a little stress with a son moving back for the summer from college had to rearrange my quilt storage/spare bedroom to have space for his clothes where my quilt fabric was all stored! ARRRG!!!!!!!!!

anyway, Jeri thank you so much for the wonderful package.
    Its a little hard to see it all but here is a list>.....
    4 lovely fat quarters
    A package of tea
    an x-block template(have looked at them several times, glad I waited)
    A quilting sew scrappy Magazine
    a spool of multicolored thread in christmas red & greens
    2 quilt patterns
    a wallet pattern
    a pack of fabric grips for template to keep from slipping
    and a ZERO Bar
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-197991.jpe  
    Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
    Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    Originally Posted by JHolm
    Good Morning everyone. Hope you have a wonderful day planned. I just noticed that some people who sent international have been saying it takes 10-14 days. I sent to the Netherlands this month and it arrived in 5 days boy was I surprised. When I tried to track it they wouldn't go any farther then saying it was accepted at my post office. I was so glad to hear from my SP that she had received it. Has anyone else had trouble tracking international mail?
    Jeanne I was sending a package to Canada not long ago (NOT for this swap). My postmaster told me to not bother to spend the extra $ to add the tracking or delivery confirmation. He said once it leaves the US there is no way to track it. The other countries don't do any tracking for US mail. SO it's a waste of $ to put it on the international packages. crafty_linda_b
    I was told the very same thing when I recently mailed my SP's pkg to Canada...I asked for confirmation receipt and was told once it leaves the US, there is no way to track it...
    I was also told at post office the same thing.
    Old 05-16-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    Originally Posted by JHolm
    Good Morning everyone. Hope you have a wonderful day planned. I just noticed that some people who sent international have been saying it takes 10-14 days. I sent to the Netherlands this month and it arrived in 5 days boy was I surprised. When I tried to track it they wouldn't go any farther then saying it was accepted at my post office. I was so glad to hear from my SP that she had received it. Has anyone else had trouble tracking international mail?
    Jeanne I was sending a package to Canada not long ago (NOT for this swap). My postmaster told me to not bother to spend the extra $ to add the tracking or delivery confirmation. He said once it leaves the US there is no way to track it. The other countries don't do any tracking for US mail. SO it's a waste of $ to put it on the international packages. crafty_linda_b
    I cant believe they would even offer a tracking or delivery confirmation if it wont track it all of the way.

I know here in Canada I can track a package to it's destination anywhere in Canada and the US.

I wouldn't pay for the extra either if you cant track it either.
    Old 05-16-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31
    Came home today and was pleased to see my SP package!!! THANK YOU MPM PANTHER I love everything. I got a purple collar for zoey my doggie,she loves it. Hand sewing pocket guide,i really like. Note pad with my L Notepad for refrig. Of couse my candy Butterfingers!!!! After my monday at work i needed them. And a lint roller and Beautiful BLUE fabric 6 fat quarters and i am using them now.Can't post a picture,but if you can that would be great!!!! Thank you again :-)
    So glad you got it and liked it!! I as so excited to get it off to you that I didn't take a picture either. I have not been able to take pics for a little bit as I have been at the hospital almost around the clock with my dad. I got my package from my SP last Sat and did thank her, but I wanted to post a pic too...I will when I get a chance...but needless to say....my chocolates are just about gone...hehehe.....Thanks again Gigi07!!!! :) :)
    Old 05-16-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
    Originally Posted by candi
    Wow! I got a most awesome and thoughtful package from my partner Oma66 today. She spoiled me rotten sending me wonderful fabrics, books and a tool case. The lilacs are among my favorite flowers, and the elephants are among my favorite animals, so she really did well choosing the fabrics she did. The two books look great, I can't wait to browse them some more this evening. And not only did she send chocolate to this chocolate lover, but she also sent me tea, my favorite beverage. You really did spoil, thank you so much for a wonderful package.

Wow Candi, you must have been a very good girl
    :mrgreen: what a fabulous package, I'll be over in a little while to have to share your chocolate and raspberry tea. Mmmm my two favorite flavors :thumbup:
    :mrgreen: I already had a piece of chocolate before dinner, do I still qualify as a good girl? :lol: But no worries, I AM savinf some for ou my friend :XD:
    Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 PM

still sittin on the bench????? Oh where oh where can my little package be ....... oh where oh where can it be........ :(
    Old 05-16-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
    Terryl,
    It's me, it's me it's me my zip has 2 0's and I just *know* that no one else had 2 0's in their zip, plus I said I'd be sipping (guzzling) lemonade. Today it's more hot chocolate weather :wink:
    LOL! my zip is 77090 :)
    Old 05-16-2011, 04:12 PM

I am off the bench! :)

Thank you Larissa aka Bolin99 :)

My firmie got here safe and sound
    Old 05-16-2011, 04:23 PM

I sent 2 different packages last week on saturday. One has already been delivered the other still says the same thing it did on saturday evening.....
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our BALTIMORE, MD 21233 facility on May 14, 2011 at 4:30 pm.

OK USPS, it processed, where did you process it to?????????? Don't you know my secret pal is waiting for her package? I don't want her to be on the bench and get a splinter from sliding down to make room for others or worse get rained on, or oh my get a sunburn.....Let's go guys, get the lead out and deliver that package.