Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-16-2011, 04:32 PM

Received my package today from my secret pal Cajun Quilter2.
    Just like Christmas. I received from New Orleans "Aunt Sallys Butter Pecan coffee (which my husband already spoke for) and two triple chocolate pralines, and easy tumbler template which I can't wait to try, magnetic note pad, a post card, iron on photo fabric and 4 very pretty fat quarters. Love it all. Thanks Cajun Quilter2
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-198042.jpe  
    Old 05-16-2011, 04:38 PM

I had a wonderful pkg on my porch when I got home from work tonight! My furbabies were all over it..... "is it for us Momma? is it? is it? woof woof":) Finally they backed off and let me open it! Right on top is a box of Gravy Bones!!! "woof woof! It IS for us Momma!!!" So, of course they each got one and were doing a happy dance!! Yummy Yummy our favorite!!! As they nibbled on biscuits I got to see what else was in there; definitely more than one biscuit by now!!!! Wooo Hooo I hit the jackpot!! 7 different beautiful fabrics; 2 wonderful patterns, a tropical mouse pad, a great Red White and Blue quilt book (which will come in handy since our guild is making quilts for our wounded soldiers!) a Teach yourself to Hand Applique book (boy do I need that!!!) a pkg of 4 emery boards, A cute and notebook and pen, M&M's, Butterfingers and Peanut M&M's!!! And personalized even more with a very nice note on a card with a pic of the Golden Gate Bridge!!! It is a fantastic secet pal swap! Thank you soo much CAgirl1! You went above and beyond!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-198044.jpe  
    Old 05-16-2011, 04:40 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Selfhunter I am so glad you liked everything. I had fun putting it together for you. And ofcourse I was in New Orleans for the pralines. Can't visit there without getting pralines. :-)
    Old 05-16-2011, 04:41 PM
    Power Poster

Well I had a fun trip to the post office today! I sent my pkg off today and another pkg for a soldier in Afghanistan. I got my SP pkg and another squishie too!! The squishie was some beautiful tiny print (just my kind!)fabric from a kind recipient of my templates. Thanks Sue!

And I love love my SP package from Angie aka Family fun!! Thank you so much! You really paid attention to my likes and dislikes!!
    She sent me 4 Harlequin books which I read voraciously.
    5 fat quarters which are perfect prints for me. A wooden chicken magnet which goes in my chicken collection! A pkg of self sticky notes / a pkg of Schmetz needles which is the brand I buy and an eraser pen. I have never seen one of those let alone had one! Thanks Angie for that!
    Then had she sent me a king size bar of Symphony chocolate something I love and can't get here anymore!! I was so surprised to see it!! how did you ever know that is the elusive candy I can't find here!! Fantastic choices Angie thank you so much!

-
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-198046.jpe  
    Old 05-16-2011, 04:53 PM

SP i finally picked up your final item from the p.o. this evening so your package will go in the mail in the morning, priority mail. i hope you can get it by thursday (or maybe friday)but we shall see.

SP lemme tell you this, it may look like a coupla color packets exploded in your package when you get it, but they didn't. it's just that everywhere i looked i saw those colors and they were whispering "buy me". so i gave in and bought them.

i was reading up on my package's destination and it appears you're in a small town. i sure hope it's a friendly town. i was reading through your posts to get to know you just a little bit better as i put your package together. you seem like a very kindhearted woman with lots to share.

i also included some of my hometown in your package and something sweet to enjoy that is only made here from a small unique family business, though they ship throughout the country. i told one of the owners that i wanted to send you this special package from their business, he was thrilled to know that.

sorry for mailing late it just took the things i ordered some traveling time to get here but again i do hope that you will enjoy them all.
    Old 05-16-2011, 04:54 PM

oops it posted twice. huh.
    Old 05-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Mine says its still out for delivery...I think there is a 3 hour difference but hopefully she will get it today or no later than tomorrow
    Old 05-16-2011, 05:33 PM

Rhonda, you want to become my best friend. My hometown is only a 35-45minute drive to the Hershey factory and Park....I will keep you in mind when we go to the factory outlet store....YUMMMMM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Well I had a fun trip to the post office today! I sent my pkg off today and another pkg for a soldier in Afghanistan. I got my SP pkg and another squishie too!! The squishie was some beautiful tiny print (just my kind!)fabric from a kind recipient of my templates. Thanks Sue!

And I love love my SP package from Angie aka Family fun!! Thank you so much! You really paid attention to my likes and dislikes!!
    She sent me 4 Harlequin books which I read voraciously.
    5 fat quarters which are perfect prints for me. A wooden chicken magnet which goes in my chicken collection! A pkg of self sticky notes / a pkg of Schmetz needles which is the brand I buy and an eraser pen. I have never seen one of those let alone had one! Thanks Angie for that!
    Then had she sent me a king size bar of Symphony chocolate something I love and can't get here anymore!! I was so surprised to see it!! how did you ever know that is the elusive candy I can't find here!! Fantastic choices Angie thank you so much!

-
    Old 05-16-2011, 05:36 PM

Lucky Lucky me.............I receive my very special package today from my very special quilting angle Nancy in Louisiana...........

I got the biggest pincushion I had ever seen......it had cat fabric on the outside...........perfect for me and my love for cats...........but wait........the top moved and to my surprise I realized it was a sewing basket....inside I found needles ...buttons.....scissors..........fabric .......and a quilting angle pin..........I also received some note cards and fabric cat squares.............very very very nice..............no make that spectacular.........

I will post a picture as soon as I receive my new camera..........my old camera bit the dust..........hopefully it will be later this week........

Thank you Nancy............
    Old 05-16-2011, 05:42 PM
    Power Poster

Click on the user's name (in blue) It will bring you to the profile for that user. It will say Feedback (#). Click on it and it will say Leave feedback for this user. It is as easy as that.

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Also leave positive {or negative-HOPEFULLY NOT} feedback for you sp. It helps them when they sign up for other things to do. Thank-you

How do you leave feedback?