Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by girlscouts1 View Post
Robert, Glad to hear my package finally came..... hope the thin mints were not melted... stick them in the freezer and they will be fine..... Lots of love to you.
no worries, let me know if your short alwasys gload to help
R
Originally Posted by cjr View Post
Robert,
I'm hoping quilters from those states will swap. I have visited all of them. The only state I've not been to is Alaska.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Hey Pats8e8,
Here are your red and whte stars. they are posting today. Hope it is what you wanted.
PS. There is a pic of my quilting mascot.....Bentley keeps his eyes on me now. LOL
R
Attached Thumbnails sdc10719.jpg   sdc10721.jpg   sdc10724.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 04:46 PM

Abby has always been like her Grams and loves purple but laely she has been leaning towards blue.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:54 PM
cjr

Robeert, As usual beautiful blocks. These are a little different then what you have been doing lately.
I'm glad someone is watching you. Fun photo of Bentley
Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 PM

Robert
I have been looking back at some of your blocks they are sew beautiful it is not just the patterns you do such a great job with the colors... which is my problem just never get them perfect just wanted to say how much i love your work.
Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
no worries, let me know if your short alwasys gload to help
R
Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 AM

Doyou have a color wheel. It's a tool that artist use for choosing colors. It really helps me when I'm in doubt what colors go together. You can get them a craft store or art supply store.
Thanks for the compliment.
Robert
Originally Posted by annies-best View Post
Robert
I have been looking back at some of your blocks they are sew beautiful it is not just the patterns you do such a great job with the colors... which is my problem just never get them perfect just wanted to say how much i love your work.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:29 AM

You Bentley makes me miss my Cuddles so much. She used to do the same thing. Our Jasper just is not her. Keep telling husband I need another Cuddles, wearing him down, may get one yet.

I heard from my wonderful partner, Garnet1265. Her internet has been down. She received my block. Glad the postal was working.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 AM

The poodle quilt is here, i am just waiting for the backing fabric to get here and I will send it over.
What breed was cuddles? Color?
Hope your day is going great,
all the best
Roberto
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
You Bentley makes me miss my Cuddles so much. She used to do the same thing. Our Jasper just is not her. Keep telling husband I need another Cuddles, wearing him down, may get one yet.

I heard from my wonderful partner, Garnet1265. Her internet has been down. She received my block. Glad the postal was working.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 AM

Funny you should say the poodle quilt is in because that is what Cuddles was, a toy apricot poodle. When i made a couple of those blocks for you, I was thinking about her and how she just loved to dress up like the blocks on your quilt. I did the dog swap quilt last year, which now hangs on my wall in tribute to Cuddles, and there are two blocks of poodles on it. I did a fancy poodle block with the french beret hat and pink toe nails. She used to just sit so still when the girls painted her toes. And you should have seen her strut after a haircut. OMG she thought she was all that. When she walked, she had a sophisticated swing, you knew she was of the french type. So glad you are having fun with your blocks. Loved those star ones you completed and those fairies are just adorable. I did get that western quilt done in a split star pattern by Jan Krentz. It is out the door due to arrive in Las Vegas today. I suppose I better get busy on work even though I have only two things to do today will have to stretch it out. Next week I will be busy again because quarterly reports and such have to be ready.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 AM

You sure can tell how much you loved cuddles just from your remembering. i couldn't even imagine my life with out Bentley.....He is such a love bug.
Just think, after Jesus meets you at the gate, cuddles will be right behind him.......
Doesn't it feel good to get those projects our the door.
Maybe be a treat coming to you.....be on the look out.
All the best
R