Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 08-23-2012, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by cjr View Post
Is anyone up for an extra swap??? I'd like to get my "See The Usa" quilt finished. I'm looking to swap with quilters from the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Virginia, South Dakota, New Mexico, Oregon. Let me know by PM. Thanks
cjr, can I see some of your blocks to get an idea of what you're talking about? Not sure I can help but would still like to see plz.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Thank you D, Robert, Shirley and everybody else, I love you all!
I want everyone to know that I had to talk Teresa into this idea! She had asked to change her block theme to pink and white so she could make a quilt to celebrate her cancer survivorship. I had to ask if she would please let this group share in her celebration and allow us to contribute, aside from the swap. She has helped so many others here on this Board and within this group, so I am so grateful that she let us share this project with her.
Hurray for Teresa and her victory!!
shirley
Old 08-23-2012, 06:31 PM
cjr

Hi mscupid,
Thanks for thinking about my needs when you yourself are ill. I do not have any recent pics; getting posted is hard thing and time consuming for me. I'd rather be sewing.

Now for a verbal picture: My DH & i love and appreciate The USA. I started this theme after a trip where we visited the 50 state for him 49 for me. Previous swappers have gotten very creative. most did not have a fabric of their city /state. Several have interpertated(spelling ??,sorry) their state with the local college football team, a couple of ocean shore residents did lighthouses, or sea scapes, I have a barn from Ohio and a dairy cow from CA, the Space Needle from Seattle, a woodsy scene from PA, the first Thanksgiving from MA, taxicab prints from NY and many more wondrus creative blocks from the talented quilters on this board in every type of quilting block.. Do what works best for you physically and mentally. I've already sent Shirley a PM for your quilt. if you are like me when the mood and idea hit you it will be right.

Suggestion, maybe something Navy since your shipyard is or was home to the USSEnterprize. My DH worked for Westinghouse for many years dealing with contract administration in the necular division. When we visited Newport News many,many years ago we toured the shipyard.

Quiltingly,
Caroline aka cjr
Old 08-24-2012, 06:18 AM

I had a pleasant beginning to my day when I opened the puffy from you! My camera is on fritz (probably needs a charge!) so no photo yet, but I just love them. I stopped at the LQS on my way to work and shared them! We all are very impressed, especially with the thatching on the cottage roof. I am still trying to find a moment at home when I am not falling asleep so I can finish your blocks. The first one turned out shy by a quarter inch so am going to get two more made for you and sent out hopefully by Monday. I will give you a heads up when they go your direction.
WilliP

Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
MsCupid, WilmaP and Donna B,
Your blocks are in the mail and on thier way.
Enjoy them.
R
Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 AM

ROBERT, I rec'd your blocks today and they are even more beautiful in person! Thank you so much for doing this for me, it really means a lot.

The 1st pic Robert posted a few posts back but the 2nd pic he didn't so I am now. Aren't they just beautiful?!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357577[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357578[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bc1-451x500-.jpg   bc2-500x498-.jpg  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:55 AM

I do have one more that I had already started. Can I send it?
R
Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
ROBERT, I rec'd your blocks today and they are even more beautiful in person! Thank you so much for doing this for me, it really means a lot.

The 1st pic Robert posted a few posts back but the 2nd pic he didn't so I am now. Aren't they just beautiful?!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357577[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]357578[/ATTACH]
Old 08-24-2012, 10:19 AM

Oh Robert! I'm certainly not going to turn you down! Especially AFTER you've started it! Send it on!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:34 PM

August swap was my first in this group. My partner is Nanabass. She want civil war-like blocks in rust, cream and blue. I got two finished today. I did the second pattern first, "Kansas Trouble", I was dissapointed in how the center came out, so I decided to try a second. The Fox and Geese pattern came out better. I will send you both anyway, if you don't like one, hopefully you like the other. [ATTACH=CONFIG]357634[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]357635[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilt1.jpg   quilt2.jpg  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:17 PM

Beautiful Block!

Has any one heard from jigs1354, I hope she doing well, just realize she was missing!
Donna
Old 08-24-2012, 03:21 PM

I loved my Sues Robert..
And Girlscout1, yours will be in the mail on the first...I also loved the ones you made too, I only have 5 more to make and I'm done with Sues and I can get busy quilting it...
Want to thank everyone who sent me Sues for my mom's quilt..
Donna