Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 10-01-2011, 06:38 PM

Quiltermomma that quilt is beautiful!!!!!!!! I just love it.

Paintmejudy I just recieved my October extra swap from you and as always ..... JUST BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much. can you post them for me? I just made yours and I will send them on Thursday... (Payday) ugh...
Old 10-01-2011, 06:54 PM

I've been lax in getting pictures up of my swaps, but I want to show you what beautiful blocks I have received in the past few months.

I kinda' lost track of which month some of the blocks came, so if I mixed up your names on the blocks PLEASE let me know so I can correct my "records". I plan on putting everyone's name and state on the label on the back of the quilt.

Somehow I didn't get a picture of my September block from dotcomdtcm but will post it as soon as I take a picture.

May block from mumzbear
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265064[/ATTACH]

April block from mngramma
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265065[/ATTACH]

July block from nattoddboyd
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265066[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-265011.jpe   attachment-265012.jpe   attachment-265013.jpe  
Old 10-01-2011, 07:17 PM

In addition, I haven't posted blocks that I've sent out. So here's the ones I've sent!

The May and June blocks are the same, but I figured they went to different people so....

And then there's the butterfly block, :-( Believe me it looked better "in person". Something happened to it, but I sent it off before I knew the picture was bad.

May for mumzbear
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265076[/ATTACH]

June for MegsAnn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265077[/ATTACH]

July to nattoddboyd
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265078[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-265023.jpe   attachment-265024.jpe   attachment-265025.jpe  
Old 10-01-2011, 07:21 PM

And the last of my blocks that I have sent...

The background in the Christmas flower is actually off-white with gold glittery flecks!

August to homecaregiver
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265079[/ATTACH]

September to dotcomdtcm
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265080[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-265026.jpe   attachment-265027.jpe  
Old 10-01-2011, 07:55 PM

I received this from my Sept. partner yesterday evening..Very pretty, and even a little extra too. Thanks Patti Sue.. Love this Bee swap.

Jean

Sept. Blk from PattiSue
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265089[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-265036.jpe  
Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 PM

Miss Jacquie,

They got here today and they are FABULOUS.....they are perfect for the quilt.
Do you have a real recipe for shortbread?
R
Old 10-01-2011, 08:08 PM

Sent out blocks to
LJD rr2 center
Shoes to morning coffee girl. Very bling bling
finish Santa to Jean ( blue and white ) metallic and irresescent.
santa to toribella

Hope you like them.
R
Old 10-01-2011, 08:55 PM

Oh great! Am looking so forward to receiving it - I know it's as gorgeous as the others...Thanks a bunch..Hope ya'all are ok, I've been busy helping DD get her house in order after the move, so haven't touched the sewing room for 4 days!! :( Egads, I'm having withdrawals... :roll:

Jean
Old 10-02-2011, 02:05 AM

I owe several of you an aplogie: Roseysue, lindyline, my August swap partner , JRSAY,Moosegirl,Immemother , and I know there are some others who sent me a snow man blocks I have tried to keep everthing together so that I would be able to sent you, your block with out getting the blocks and names mixed up. All best laid plans
I have not sent you a block back after each of you sent me a beautiful block or two. And they were all wonderful. More than wonderful. (I loved each and every one of them)
The only thing I can say is that after losing my job in July I really went into a deep pity party. Sorry I did not invite anyone to join me. No I have not found a job and no I didn’t except it to take three months to get a new one. But I am doing better now. I am not sitting in a chair crying all day anymore. You would be surprised at how fast the day goes by when you throw your own pity party. It is a wonder that Wayne didn’t kick me in the pants or something.
I asked to be removed from the swap for this next month to catch up.I will be working on your blocks the next two weeks. If after I've sent everyone their blocks that I owe them, I would like to start doing this again. If it is alright with the rest of you.

Thank you ... so much
Audrey L. Peterson (wanabquilter)
Old 10-02-2011, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by wanabquilter
I owe several of you an aplogie: Roseysue, lindyline, my August swap partner , JRSAY,Moosegirl,Immemother , and I knkow there are some others who sent me a snow man blocks I have treid to keep everthing together so that I would be able to sent you, your block.
I have not sent you a block back after each of you sent me a beautiful block or two. And they were all wonderful. More than wonderful. (I loved each and every one of them)
The only thing I can say is that after losing my job in July I really went into a deep pity party. Sorry I did not invite anyone to join me. No I have not found a job and no I didn’t except it to take three months to get a new one. But I am doing better now. I am not sitting in a chair crying all day anymore. You would be surprised at how fast the day goes by when you throw your own pity party. It is a wonder that Wayne didnn’t kick me in the pants or something.
I asked to be removed from the swap for this next month to catch up.I will be working on your blocks the next two weeks. I f after I sent everyone their blocks that I owe them, I would like to start doing this again. If it is alright with the rest of you.
Hey no worries. Next time, if there's a next time, write and invite us all. Maybe we could have made you feel better sooner.
Life has a wonderful way of bringing us all down when it looks like we're finally getting it all together.It happens to all of us eventually, in one way or another. Blocks will be made and exchanged all in good time, the impirtant thing is that you look after yourself, and not wallow in self pity.
Get to them when you can, and feel better. :lol: :lol: