Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 02-18-2015, 01:04 PM

Hello everyone. Love the pictures of the blocks. I may be a little late. My grandson won the championship of the class c in the 160 lb. wt. class last week, so that sends him to Omaha to wrestle for the state championship of his class. Like I have told him he's champion to me regardless. I don't know what I'll do for my social activity. Jake is our last grandchild to graduate this spring. I've been able to take part with the sports and school activities. I am so thankful to God for blessing me with safe trips. Most events have been 1 1/2 hrs. to 2 1/2 hrs. from us. I have been in touch with my swap partners. I wish all a blessed weekend. Marilyn43
Old 02-18-2015, 01:49 PM

It's nice to see everyone keeping in touch..wish a few more would chat once in a while.. It's only the 18th, so you still have a week & 1/2 to get blocks out. Be safe if you're in the SNOW area - just wish we'd get a bit here, not even rain. Guess I'll just keep hoping...lolo
Old 02-18-2015, 03:54 PM

I sent June Billie's block off this morning. Hope she likes it. We have been in contact so I know she is iced in and her safety is what is important.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Terriamn I am sure I will love it. I hope you like yours. It is very different. lol...
Marilyn43 congratulations to your grandson Proud grandma.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:20 AM

What is this block called that Joyce Rowell sent you sunrise450? I really like it!

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I received my Feb. block from Joyce Rowell. I am thrilled with it!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:32 AM

As I told Marilyn- I have yet to start her block, BUT NEVER FEAR-it is already cut and pieced in my mind. HAHAHAHA...now if my mind could just take care of everything it has going on up in there. I would have a clean house, meals prepared for a week, my dogs brushed and bathed, 5 quilts cut out and pieced together AND the winning lottery ticket bought. Hey, a girl can always dream. I won't be sewing this weekend as my 47th birthday is Saturday and my hubby surprised me with a jammie day in a midtown hotel complete with pizza in bed. I lOVE pizza!! & him of course!! Sunday we will take in the RV show (I really want an older one to play with) and deliver the wedding invitations I designed and had printed for my cousin to be's May wedding. Just a few things going on here in the Big O!! I forgot to mention that I need to get in to my LQS to longarm a quilt for an April wedding I have ready.[ATTACH=CONFIG]510808[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails april-quilt.jpg  
Old 02-24-2015, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by dfelker View Post
What is this block called that Joyce Rowell sent you sunrise450? I really like it!
Sorry I didn't answer right away, it has been a circus at my house! The block Joyce sent me is called Friendship Star Variation and is found in the Quilters Cache. I agree, it is a beautiful block. She did a fantastic job.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:27 AM

My partner this month has been Joyce Rowell. I sent her block to her on 2/12 but from what she has written, she has never received it. I am posting a photo of the block I sent her so she can at least see her block.
I am sorry to say that I mailed it without a tracking number. If Joyce doesn't receive it by the end of this week I am making her another block.
Here is the block I sent.....
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-24-2015, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

Terriamn I haven't even been able to get off my hill to go to the post office to get the one you sent me or mail yours. My son came by yesterday, and had to walk up to where we are. We were one of thousands caught in an ice storm that took down trees over several counties. We were without power for a couple of days, but it was restored for us yesterday. Many others are still waiting. As soon as I can get down to send off I will let you know.

I see more very pretty quilt blocks coming in.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:54 PM

No problem June Billie you just stay safe and warm