Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Sent a message to my partner and I am waiting for contact from her!

I will be joining in soon, life is crazy right now for me. I a looking forward to seeing some of the blocks that come in.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

oksewnsew! I have it I have it! True red/green Christmas please. novelties are ok. I have a prestarted sampler for Christmas with red/green and white as the colors. yup that will do me nicely. I will pull fabrics for yours today! this will be fun, help me finish up a couple UFO's and well can't go wrong with that!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    I will be joining in soon, life is crazy right now for me. I a looking forward to seeing some of the blocks that come in.
    Well take your time... Maybe you will be able to join for the November swap. Just PM me when you're ready..;o)

cjr
    My partner, Nelco and I have exchanged messages. Thanks Jean for keeping a great tradition going.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

GREAT.. You're welcome, I have enjoyed this swap too, for many years and was surprised when asked to take it over. I have another lady that's missed the sign in. She's been in, and didn't want to 'lose' her, so I'm doing a block for her this month. I'm sure ya'all know Country-Girl.. ;o) Welcome to all. I'm hoping others will let me know they'd like in, I'll get them paired up somehow.. Come on ladies/gents, it's not really toooo late to join back up for October. The more the merrier so they say. I don't want some of the 'old hands' not to be in the swap.

Sew Hugs
    Jean

Blog Entries
    It looks like I found you too late! I read the swap instructions but didn't see where to sign up. Oh well, I can look forward to next month.
    Phyllis
    sunrise450

I just read the instructions for the second version of this swap so I am sending a PM.
    Sounds like a fun fun swap!
    Last edited by sunrise450; 10-02-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

I can take an extra partner PM if interested. I also want to say.. a YARD STICK? um I will behave promise! yikes! maybe that's where I go wrong I threaten swappers with a wet noodle! and they don't seem to be too threatened! I will work on mine in just a short bit picked out the fabrics now to pick out the block. should be easy I was thinking a two square block that counts right? lol ok I don't even do 9 patches so you are safe. ok some of them only have nine pieces .. no? not really either. off to whack away! cross your fingers I keep all mine!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I finally found you. Only had to catch up on 2 pages. lol, I really don't know why it was so difficult. Have messaged my partner. We have been partners before. She has a really fun theme. Looking forward to it. Nice to see some new faces. Or at least new to me. This is a great swap. Lots of fun.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    I finally found you. Only had to catch up on 2 pages. lol, I really don't know why it was so difficult. Have messaged my partner. We have been partners before. She has a really fun theme. Looking forward to it. Nice to see some new faces. Or at least new to me. This is a great swap. Lots of fun.

Oh shoot Judith, I thot I was being soooo careful not to pair with someone that had been a partner recently. Guess my eyes were getting crossed..lolo I promise to 'try' to do better next time.. ;o)

Blog Entries
    It's ok, she really has a fun theme to play with. I feel a little bad for hogging her. Her theme is "Black is the new White". Meaning, she wants black to be the prominent background color. I'm thinking of playing with paper piecing this go around. Will see what patterns I come across that catch my eye. (Completely different from the last blocks I made her.) It will be fun. So, no worries. I will accept whatever partner you assign. I am having a blast trying out new things. (colors, blocks, ect.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post

Oh shoot Judith, I thot I was being soooo careful not to pair with someone that had been a partner recently. Guess my eyes were getting crossed..lolo I promise to 'try' to do better next time.. ;o)

My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Ok to seconds and I have to get ready for church. Will contact my partners in the morning!

Hugs,
    Cajun

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    I can take an extra partner PM if interested. I also want to say.. a YARD STICK? um I will behave promise! yikes! maybe that's where I go wrong I threaten swappers with a wet noodle! and they don't seem to be too threatened! I will work on mine in just a short bit picked out the fabrics now to pick out the block. should be easy I was thinking a two square block that counts right? lol ok I don't even do 9 patches so you are safe. ok some of them only have nine pieces .. no? not really either. off to whack away! cross your fingers I keep all mine!
    OK.. you got another partner..lolo See, shoulda kept your mouth shut.. I just had another 'regular' say she wanted in. SO...here she be. I've told her about you, so you will prob get a PM from her soon. She is "Quilting Eileen"... Ya have any problems be sure to holler.

Yea !!! I found BOM lll. Been a busy summer and I am ready for some winter sewing. My partner and I are all set to sew and exchange.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I think that my big mouth gets me in all sorts of trouble but I managed to send out 36 blocks in 5 weeks two blocks in a month wont surely take me out. I love making blocks and if she doesn't write before I get home from clinic I will send a note to her so no worries. Its going to be pretty cold today. high of 37 and its 6:30 and I have to hit the road. its pretty darned fresh out there. fall, where did that go? time flies when your having quilty fun I guess. I have this wall hanging to make for another swap here.. golden glow of candles. yikes. what was I thinking? stained glass is what I was thinking.. good ideas gone lots of work
    Linda

My Oct swapper contacted me and we have swapped themes. She is a retired FIRE CHIEF. Amazing.
    It a hot time in the old town tonight.
    It's gonna be a great time.
    Roberto
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

Hello All . . .

MadeInMaine . . . The Mailman should be knockin' on your door sooooooooon .
    Enjoyed making the square. . . .GP
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    MQB-3 / RAB-2 / Booms 11 & 13 / Projects
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members/groovy-pieces-u129541-albums.html

Good heavens Groovy - you are fast... Do you want another partner? I have a lady that wanted in, she contacted me last nite. As soon as I hear back from her I can let you know, if you are interested... I mean, afterall, you have the rest of the month to make another block...hahaha lololo

Good job

Robert, that is so cool!

Good heavens Groovy - you are fast... Do you want another partner? I have a lady that wanted in, she contacted me last nite. As soon as I hear back from her I can let you know, if you are interested... I mean, afterall, you have the rest of the month to make another block...hahaha lololo

Good job
    Yes Please ! ! ! I'd be glad to have another partner. Do the PM thing & I'll get started. . . . GP

Groovy that will be great. I haven't heard back from her yet. Her name is Kathy Phillips if anyone knows her, what is her board name? Hopefully she'll ans. me this evening and will get info to you asap.. Thanks for doing this. I would partner with her, but already have 2, and gave my friend, & my partner a 2nd one too..Had lots of late comers...lolo

J

Groovy that will be great. I haven't heard back from her yet. Her name is Kathy Phillips if anyone knows her, what is her board name? Hopefully she'll ans. me this evening and will get info to you asap.. Thanks for doing this. I would partner with her, but already have 2, and gave my friend, & my partner a 2nd one too..Had lots of late comers...lolo

J

Not a problem; glad to do it. Can take Phillips & one other new comer. I can do 2 more blocks. . . .Heading out to a late dinner with then Hubster. Will check back in the AM for PMs . . . . GP

Thanks, Groovy, I'll be watching. You are a fast one. I'd better get busy !

Quote Originally Posted by MadeinMaine View Post
    Thanks, Groovy, I'll be watching. You are a fast one. I'd better get busy !
    You're most welcome . . . Hope you like it . . . . GP

Finished my blocks yesterday too for both my partners. Can't mail til tomorrow too much snow to get out. But I have clinic tomorrow and have to get into town so I am hoping it stops and the roads are nice and clear of ice and snow in the morning. right now its 26 degrees .. oh so toasty! I am able to take on one more partner!
    Linda

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast