Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39 79 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2447

Thread: Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

I'm all for skipping Dec, and I am going to skip January as well. Sending out my block to Marilyn today and here is a pic. She asked for a pastel green and cream batik Annie's choice block. I don't have much pastel green, so I hope this works... I wanted to send her a second that was more of a grassy green, but only got that one about halfway done.

Name:  9fa1468a-70b1-4f37-a7d9-7ca8d6333af4_zpscexanlom.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  257.4 KB
    Jenny B

Blog Entries
    I love your block huskyquilter I wish I had taken a photo of the one I sent out this month. It was new to me and I was very proud of it. Lesson learned, I won't forget next year!
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Are we officially skipping Dec?
    Dotty in NYC

Yes mam, we are skipping December... Sorry didn't get back to ya sooner, was outa town yesterday, didn't check emails when I got home. We'll start up FRESH in January, 2016.... Hope all have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS... Keep conversations going tho, enjoy seeing what people are up to. ;o)

Jean

MERRy MERRy HappY HappY to ALL!!!
    ​Dorothy

Here is huskyquilters block I'm sending her. She wanted greys and blues. Hope she likes it. I had lost this block for a couple of days. I had taken it to work some of the girls wanted to see it and I forgot it there. I was sweating bullets for awhile. Will not take any crafting thing to work again. Lesson learned.

Name:  IMG_4517.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  280.9 KB

Blog Entries
    That block is gorgeous. Not only is the blue and grey great together but the actual pattern in the fabric helps to make the block. Very lucky huskerquilter!
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

HEY HEY, Marilyn....I hope that's not the block you are (or have) sending. THAT's the block I made ....LOLO

Jean

OKK.. just went back and checked my calendar and I made and sent that one to Huskyquilter....Think you grabbed the wrong picture...hahaha

OH MY GOSH, your so right it's not the one I'm sending. I'll tell you what I'm little teched in the head. Sorry Jean.

Name:  PB300273.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  166.1 KB

Here's the one I'm sending to Jen. I hope she likes it.

LOLOLO oh no problem at all. Had a good laugh over it.

Good day wherever you are. I imagine all are busy doing tasks for the holidays. I'm taking a break from making 10 mini ( 12inch ) blocks. I've been on the computer trying to find mini quilt stands or hangers. I didn't realize how expensive the can be. Good thing I have a job again. LOL. The minis are turning out so cute so I'm anxious to get them done. Next I'm going to make a couple of lap quilts, just wish I had a bigger craft room. I am so impressed we are having 43* weather. I better go back and get busy. My goal is to have all these gifts done by Sunday night. I wish all of you a great weekend. hugs, Marilyn43.

I know a lot of you remember "Elisabrat", aka The Brat (Linda McDermott) from swapping with her in the past. Well today a sad note was added to her FB page by her daughter and son. Here is the posting, please pray for her & family, she's had a very rough row to hoe, hoping she finds peace and will be pain free.

"Today I took my dearest companion,friend, partner to in care hospice. It was 9 days ago dialysis was stopped due to blood pressure and heart attack concern. Linda chose this to shield me from finding her dead in our home. What a woman. She is resting now. Today we talked of her children and Family and good times. She never cried 1 time, it was me who broke down. She said to remind everyone she loves them"

Thanks
    Jean

Oh gosh Jean thanks for posting this. Just breaks my heart

terri

Wow! Thank you for sharing with us. I so remember her and her upbeat attitude. When she swapped with us she always chose something really interesting to base her swaps on. I swapped with her a couple of times. Thinking of her during this Christmas season.

Jean, I jumped on this thread to ask that you add me back in to the participant's list for January and just read the post about Elisabrat. Thank you for letting us know. How difficult this must be for her and for her family. My thoughts are with them all.

Here is the latest posting on Linda 'Elizabrat'...Kelly 'TheMamaHauser' posted this on FB earlier: (12/16 6pm) Here is an update on Linda McDermott : Steve has been with her and says, "It's what can be expected you don't get well; maybe a few days. I had the nurse give her some pain stuff the morphine maker her itch but she still knows me. Sentencesare garble and she will doze off in mid sentence other than that just the decline." The hospice isn't staffed to handle tons of messages coming in and out but you can message Steven Stayton to pass along messages to Linda. Or you can leave them on her facebook page for him to read to her.

Over on the Mug Rug swap Jaba is organizing mini wall hangings in remembrance to Elizabrat (Linda) to be hung in the different rooms at the hospice house.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    When does the next sign up start?

January 1st, 2016

Received and opened my SS box from Donna. So many lovely things. Than You so much. My twin 8 year old granddaughters helped and were so excited.

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    thank you, Mona

Thank you so much Jean for letting us know. I just got my computer running again. I certainly will post her a note.

It is with sadness that I let all the Bee'ers know that Linda McDermott (Elisabrat) passed today.. Heaven gained another Angel today. As posted earlier, she has been in hospice care for the last week..

Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39 79 88 89 90 ... LastLast