Needlecase Exchange

Old 07-26-2012, 11:02 AM

SewExtremeSeams, yes, that's a yellow pin cushion hanging on the side. I was going to add one into the case itself but completely slipped my mind. I was thrilled to day myself because I received Linda's sewing case and will post pics. of it later. She also sent me lots of goodies too. It's a wonderful large case which she did patchwork for the front then machine stitches in different patterns just like a crazy quilt designs down the rows. Beautiful pieces of fabric strips she used in colors I love, Big thank you Linda. Love the magazine you sent too Will post pics. later today.
Jigs135/Shirley

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
How sweet! Love the detachable pincushion (if that is what the yellow pillow is).
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by jigs1354 View Post
SewExtremeSeams, yes, that's a yellow pin cushion hanging on the side. I was going to add one into the case itself but completely slipped my mind. I was thrilled to day myself because I received Linda's sewing case and will post pics. of it later. She also sent me lots of goodies too. It's a wonderful large case which she did patchwork for the front then machine stitches in different patterns just like a crazy quilt designs down the rows. Beautiful pieces of fabric strips she used in colors I love, Big thank you Linda. Love the magazine you sent too Will post pics. later today.
Jigs135/Shirley

glad it made it to you and that you like it. Thanks for swapping with me.
LindaC
Old 07-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

Very nice needle case, and lots of nice things inside.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 PM

to my very patient partner! i started your needlecase today, and with luck will finish it tomorrow. saturday the po closes early so it will likely be mailed on monday. we are leaving for my dgd's first birthday party and i am trying to get a 1000 things done. i have made 2 dq's, 64 swap blocks, and started the b'day dress. then just need to quilt and bind the baby's quilt ( which i likely will do on the plane, just the binding. where would i plug in a machine?lol). i am counting on my dil still having a machine. we will see! meanwhile, i have to get the cats shots or they will have to stay unattended in the house with copious amounts of food, fresh water and an air conditioner. hmmmmm, that doesn't sound that bad. my only concern is one of the cats is 19 and if he should die while we were gone i would handle it better if there was someone taking care of him, in case they could help. i may snag my son to cat sit! anyway, chickens without heads come to mind when i dash past the mirror. where did i put my.........(fill in the blank) lol. just wanted you tp know. dear partner, that i have not forgotten you!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:15 PM

QuiltyMom, I sent you a PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
to my very patient partner! i started your needlecase today, and with luck will finish it tomorrow. saturday the po closes early so it will likely be mailed on monday. we are leaving for my dgd's first birthday party and i am trying to get a 1000 things done. i have made 2 dq's, 64 swap blocks, and started the b'day dress. then just need to quilt and bind the baby's quilt ( which i likely will do on the plane, just the binding. where would i plug in a machine?lol). i am counting on my dil still having a machine. we will see! meanwhile, i have to get the cats shots or they will have to stay unattended in the house with copious amounts of food, fresh water and an air conditioner. hmmmmm, that doesn't sound that bad. my only concern is one of the cats is 19 and if he should die while we were gone i would handle it better if there was someone taking care of him, in case they could help. i may snag my son to cat sit! anyway, chickens without heads come to mind when i dash past the mirror. where did i put my.........(fill in the blank) lol. just wanted you tp know. dear partner, that i have not forgotten you!!
You could always buy her a vintage machine off of craigslist! Enjoy your granddaughter...

Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 AM

Hi everyone, I just made another album for all to see. Here is a couple 3 pics from the album. go see the rest of it
Jigs135
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352170[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]352171[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]352172[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn1460_823.jpg   dscn1466_829.jpg   dscn1471_833.jpg  
Old 07-29-2012, 04:46 PM

Well, imagine my surprise when she told me I had taught her to sew! As I remember it she wasn't a very good listener. I've been working on Olivia's dress all day and I'm disgusted with my lack of sewing skills. I had hoped I hadn't lost much, but the old fingers and brain are not behaving in a co-ordinated way. Good thing I am skilled at frogging! Lol. I will post pictures later.
Meanwhile, I have cut the fabric for my partner's needlecase and will quilt it tomorrow. Who knows, I may get it mailed on Monday. I would love that! Oh, wait. If I embellish it it will take a little longer. Not a problem ! Tomorrow I call the library and beg to use a table to sandwich Olivia's quilt. I can do a quick job of straight line quilting and sew the binding on. Then handsew the rest. Tuesday the cats get their shots. If not, they stay home alone(where is Mac Cauley caulkin when I need him? ) Packing will take 5 minutes since I have everything in a pile already. Yay polyester knit! In a jumble not a problem!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 AM

Okay ladies you asked for updates!! Well were one day away from end of month and no i haven't gotten mine from my swap person. So I'm not waiting I'll just get ready for next swap and hope it turns out better. Sue Oh Jigs1354 yours are wonerful,Great Job!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
Okay ladies you asked for updates!! Well were one day away from end of month and no i haven't gotten mine from my swap person. So I'm not waiting I'll just get ready for next swap and hope it turns out better. Sue Oh Jigs1354 yours are wonerful,Great Job!!!!!!!!
Is there going to be a next one soon?