Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-04-2013, 10:24 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO that`s what it will look like at home when I get back....yikes!!!!
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Thought I'd give you a little Christmas inspiration.....this is what we woke up to and still snowing at least through midnight tonight they say. Some of my back yard, then shrubs around my koi pond and the big pine tree out my kitchen windows with all it's branches so full of snow laying on the grass. It's a whole 15 degrees.[ATTACH=CONFIG]439655[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]439656[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]439657[/ATTACH]
Old 10-04-2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bilben View Post
Okay, okay, I am coming out of the corner, but only for a minute. I like it here and I have a lot of company, even though I can't see anyone and I don't know their names.

I think i gave a fair amount of information on my list but just in case, here goes: I do not need a fabric calculator because I will probably never make a full-size quilt. I love fat quarters, charm squares, and 2 1/2" strips. I do not have an eye for colour, so the more coordinated the better. I like to do applique, so fusible adhesive would be great, and my presser sheet is a mess, so that is something I need as well. I don't have any iron cleaner, I can always use bobbins for my Brother SQ 9050, and I need a new pin cushion. I like mints - peppermint, spearmint, wintergreen, and cinnamon. I do not collect buttons, but a few for wallhangings would be great. I would love a twister template, or any other template for small (wallhanging-size) quilts. I could really use some quilt labels, as well as a pen to write on them. Whew, that is enough - you would never know from the mess in my quilt room that I need anything more at all!
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
OK, Bilben. Now that you're out of the corner, down the hole you go!

Girls, help me out here.
Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
ok~~~push her fast before
Dedemac
catches us....SWOOOOOOOSH down the hole she has gone.
Welcome to the hole, Bilben! You'll like it here. We've got hot cocoa w/coconut rum, coffee, chocolate, pastries, and all the raided fabric, you can carry! Ooops! I mean FOUND fabric. We only pick up ABANDONED and NEGLECTED fabric, we FIND.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:29 AM

well I`m caught up...not down to the worm yet but I`m sure I`ll get to finish it later.....just been to a quilt show and picked up more things for my SS....
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
I just started to read SS pages WoW 118 pgs. It's going to take awhile to read but I'll be read know. I enjoyed SS last year had a lot of fun buying too.
We may need to pull you into the hole, for getting so far behind! Tsk, tsk! Bwahahahahahahhaaaa!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:37 AM

I haven`t posted a lot either only because I like surprises....I`m sure a quilter knows what a quilter likes but here goes for a few ideas...no color catchers where I come from so that would be appreciated...love modern fabric....all colors....always need a new ruler ....love candies...have no pets nor want any...hmmm what else can I add...just surprise me...lol
No, we can't do that. Some people aren't as "bold" as others. We just need to coax the shy ones out of the corner.

Ladies, I promise you the hole is a much better place to be than the corner.

OK, how about this. If you haven't posted here yet but are lurking. Drop a post and just say "Hi". We'll do the rest.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:39 AM

I've got a box started, for my SS. Am waiting on the FQs, which I ordered from Thousands of Bolts. That's my new favorite place, to fabric shop! Still need to make a few things but won't commit to them, until I see how they turn out.

Gotta go start a new quilt top, so am trying to tear myself away from this thread, long enough to choose the fabric from stash. Last weekend, I started a Rail Fence, in the 'woven' pattern. That was fun and it went fairly quickly, so may use that pattern again. Still trying to get an assortment done, for family Christmas gifts. Needless to say, these are just twin-sized sofa quilts! Gotta remember to set aside binding fabric, as well as backing (if I have something that'll work).

Leaving now. Maybe.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:42 AM

OK, ladies that are lurking . . .

I officially request that you speak up so we all know you're here. Don't be shy.
I tried joining in last year but no body wanted to play with me so I went back into hiding. Still enjoyed reading and putting my box together.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bilben
Okay, okay, I am coming out of the corner, but only for a minute. I like it here and I have a lot of company, even though I can't see anyone and I don't know their names.

I think i gave a fair amount of information on my list but just in case, here goes: I do not need a fabric calculator because I will probably never make a full-size quilt. I love fat quarters, charm squares, and 2 1/2" strips. I do not have an eye for colour, so the more coordinated the better. I like to do applique, so fusible adhesive would be great, and my presser sheet is a mess, so that is something I need as well. I don't have any iron cleaner, I can always use bobbins for my Brother SQ 9050, and I need a new pin cushion. I like mints - peppermint, spearmint, wintergreen, and cinnamon. I do not collect buttons, but a few for wallhangings would be great. I would love a twister template, or any other template for small (wallhanging-size) quilts. I could really use some quilt labels, as well as a pen to write on them. Whew, that is enough - you would never know from the mess in my quilt room that I need anything more at all!
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT
OK, Bilben. Now that you're out of the corner, down the hole you go!

Girls, help me out here.

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
ok~~~push her fast before
Dedemac
catches us....SWOOOOOOOSH down the hole she has gone.

Welcome to the hole, Bilben! You'll like it here. We've got hot cocoa w/coconut rum, coffee, chocolate, pastries, and all the raided fabric, you can carry! Ooops! I mean FOUND fabric. We only pick up ABANDONED and NEGLECTED fabric, we FIND.

NESSIE
forgot to tell you I couldn't sleep last night
so went on a raid in the middle of the night.
there is a huge variety I have just stocked into the hole.
have you seen it.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:08 AM

jaba that look sooooo cold. Have fun sewing. It's 65* here in CA loving it.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:14 AM

OH NO!, Now that we found you, we'll play. Did it snow in NY last night? Give us desert dwellers some idea of what your state is like in October. Post your likes. You may not have given your SS enough info.

Do you like choclate? What are your favorite colors? What do you like to quilt the most? Join in the "I prefer a ________ truck conversation.

Take a walk to the hole and peek over. . . .

someone push her before she figures out what we're doing!

Originally Posted by blondeslave View Post
I tried joining in last year but no body wanted to play with me so I went back into hiding. Still enjoyed reading and putting my box together.