Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-05-2013, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Likethedog View Post
Since you've been encouraging those of us who are new or just reading along to post, I will do so. Don't know why I've been a bit shy about jumping in here .... you're all friendly and won't drag me down into any scary holes, right?

I was excited to receive my SS name. She lives quite a distane from me in a state I've never visited, although I've seen it on TV once a year since I was a child. She's a much more experienced quilter than I am, so it's going to be a challenge finding something she might use or want. I think I'm up to the challenge!

I started sewing and quilting this year after my coworkers gave me a vintage sewing machine (I think the machine and I may be about the same age, ahem). I feel like I'm doing pretty well. I am pleased by what I make and am pleased, as well, by how much better I can sew now than 10 months ago. I love bright colors and combining colors and coming up with my own designs.

Oh -- my moniker here, Likethedog, may confuse some. Yes, I love dogs, but I'm a cat owner ("staff" to four). I called myself Likethedog because I often say that to explain what my last name is.
I have a very strong feeling that you do NOT have me!

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
Please.....What are colour catchers?
http://www.shoutitout.com/en-US/Prod...r-catcher.aspx
Power Poster

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
Please.....What are colour catchers?
OMG they are wonderful!! They are made by SHOUT (found in the laundry soap department), and are little papers (?) that you throw in the washer that picks up the color when fabrics bleed, so it doesn't deposit on the rest of your clothes. You can wash red and white and your white won't be pink.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:42 PM

I have been giving some thought as to what to include in my box for my SS...I think I want to mix Christmas and everyday items...I'm including a Christmas ornament I made, a _______, also a couple of _____________s, and of course who can be without __________ and _________!!!! Since I've given up on trying to figure out what she might like I'm beginning to have a ton of fun! I hope I don't keep the box for myself...(slapping hands as I type...of course I won't, but I may have to make some things in duplicate). I have a great beginning for my Secret Sis! Because of the huge amounts of posts we have to read through everyday, I think I'll stick to posting a bit less from now on.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I have a very strong feeling that you do NOT have me!
You're right -- I've BEEN to Texas -- changed planes at the airport in Dallas.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:09 PM

Hi, wow, I am feeling just a bit out of it this year. Not really too talkative. I don't post a whole lot. But, I do read a lot. I hope my secret Santa is not having any trouble. Truly, I will be happy with whatever you send. I really like suprise's. The only thing I am not crazy about is civil war prints, colors that are not vibrant. I love rich, bright, saturated colors. You can't go wrong with bright. I am a scrappy quilter leaning toward a more modern vibe. I like traditional, but found after I just completed a traditional pattern that I really like modern. So am trying to find a wat to blend modern and traditional. I find I change and evolve each year. I love handmade items. I do not collect a lot. I live in a small home with limited space. So, basically my fabric gets important status to me. I post all over the QB. I am involved in several swaps on the board. I have a full profile and photo albums. I hope you find it easy to get to know me.

My Secret Giftee has posted several times here. Is pretty active on the QB. And I have learned quite a lot about her just through her posts. She just doesn't realize it. Lol, but, thank you for all you little hints. I have been making my list and checking it twice. Yes indeed, she has been a good girl this year. Oops, guess you figured out by now, my giftee is a girl. And that's all I'm saying.

Last edited by Judith1005; 10-05-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Hi, wow, I am feeling just a bit out of it this year. Not really too talkative. I don't post a whole lot. But, I do read a lot. I hope my secret Santa is not having any trouble. Truly, I will be happy with whatever you send. I really like suprise's. The only thing I am not crazy about is civil war prints, colors that are not vibrant. I love rich, bright, saturated colors. You can't go wrong with bright. I am a scrappy quilter leaning toward a more modern vibe. I like traditional, but found after I just completed a traditional pattern that I really like modern. So am trying to find a wat to blend modern and traditional. I find I change and evolve each year. I love handmade items. I do not collect a lot. I live in a small home with limited space. So, basically my fabric gets important status to me. I post all over the QB. I am involved in several swaps on the board. I have a full profile and photo albums. I hope you find it easy to get to know me.

My Secret Giftee has posted several times here. Is pretty active on the QB. And I have learned quite a lot about her just through her posts. She just doesn't realize it. Lol, but, thank you for all you little hints. I have been making my list and checking it twice. Yes indeed, she has been a good girl this year. Oops, guess you figured out by now, my giftee is a girl. And that's all I'm saying.
This leaves a whole bunch of us out---You said she was a good girl
Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post

guess it's not me as I am bad bad BAD !!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:23 PM

Shopping, shopping, shopping for favorite color fats and can't do without items. Hope my SS can't do without the same things as me cause she's getting extras.

Hint for the day: Your gas prices are at 3.17.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:27 PM

Hokey Smokes!!! miss 2 days and have to spend over an hour to catch up on reading...

AHEM!!! DREAMER and Company...Tink has explained to me that she had to chase off a few people that were trying to get into my sewing room...these people must have thought that since I was at a craft show, that my stash would be unguarded. My guard Chihuahua is always on duty!!! and very proud of the GOOD JOB that she did...she is currently sleeping on my/her queen size bed...tuckered out with all the work she had to do...
And don't forget...Tink is on a very special diet....so, no bribery. She will tell you that it's ok...she can have it all....but, she FIBS.