Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by som View Post
could someone please tell me what size box I should get ? do we use the ones from the post office? this is my first time , so ime not real sure , im almost done with my collecting,i just have to wrap everything and get a few more things thanks som
Mine will probably be a medium Flat Rate but it really depends upon what you're sending. If the package is heavy, Flat Rate is the way to go. If your SS is within a few states of your own, you might be able to use Regional Flat Rate, which is a bit cheaper. If the package is lightweight, you might do better with a regular box.

I usually just use Flat Rate, then make sure it's heavy enough to get my money's worth out of the postage.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Ah, so we're eccentric... another wonderful Southern Belle term that I'll have to add to my repertoire. So now I have my dear, you simply fell off your chair and eccentric. Love it, love it, love it!
Don't y'all use that word, in Indiana? Seriously?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Good Morning Santas! The quilt show is done for another year & I was just too durned tired to do anything last night. Today I'm going to finish up one of the items for my Santaee & probably get another done too. I did pick up some really cool things at the show for you that are definitely unique. We had more vendors there this year than ever before & since I know these folks, got some really good deals. I've been out of the naughty hole the last couple of days, time to slide down & join the fun!

Clue for the day: You like handmade goodies.
Definitely ME! I'm beginning to think I must have lots of Secret Santas!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Craftycat View Post
uh uh I don't wanna be in the hole! I know What is lurking there.I thought that we was playing hide and seek all this time. No wonder no one found me and I had so much FREE time. LOL Ho Ho Ho
Awwww, all that's lurking in this hole are wonderful, generous, kind-hearted, peace-loving, misunderstood angels. Oh, yeah! And lots of good eats and drinks!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:42 AM

Dont know if anyone is interested or has the time today, but due to unexpected departure of most of the family I have started a quilt along on the main page. come join me, I have snacks, drinks, and tons of goodies to make. Even those not in the hole with us naughty ones are welcome. Please, I dont want to sew all day alone.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Som, just use one of the flat rate boxes from the P.O. that is your best bet.

Now, Nessie, speak for youself. Sane is not a word that describes any quilter. After all, we are the people that take perfectly good fabric, cut it up, so it back together, then sometimes, cut that back up, and yet so it together again. So, I think sane is not a way to describe us. LOL Eccentric, out there, off our rockers, tilted, wierd, perplexing, yes all of those, but sane. NO WAY and all of us know it. LOL
l
Gee, you make it sound so . . . so . . . so beautiful!!!! Oh, now I'm getting all choked up and teary-eyed. Heavens to Betsy! We're just the BEST people, on the face of the earth! ::::: sniff, sniff :::::: {{{{{{GROUP HUG}}}}}}
Old 10-20-2013, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Dont know if anyone is interested or has the time today, but due to unexpected departure of most of the family I have started a quilt along on the main page. come join me, I have snacks, drinks, and tons of goodies to make. Even those not in the hole with us naughty ones are welcome. Please, I dont want to sew all day alone.
I may join you, later today. Still need to wash a piece of the fabric, for my next quilt top. It's just another super simple one, to get done in time for Christmas. Sooner or later, I need to get all these tops finished!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
Here`s my clue for the day....no use giving clues, my ss probably wouldn`t even see them.......
LOL! Mine has only posted...welll...less than...are you sure we're not sending to the same person?????
Old 10-20-2013, 07:17 AM

he he he ....could be....wouldn`t it be funny if a person that doesn`t come on here at all gets two ss gifts.......
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
LOL! Mine has only posted...welll...less than...are you sure we're not sending to the same person?????
Old 10-20-2013, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Don't y'all use that word, in Indiana? Seriously?
Honestly Neesie, I haven't heard it around here. Of course, if they're saying I'm eccentric behind my back, I wouldn't be apt to hear it, would I?