Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
New Year! 2024! Come join the Secret Pal Swap this month! Closes December 31! >

New Year! 2024! Come join the Secret Pal Swap this month! Closes December 31!

New Year! 2024! Come join the Secret Pal Swap this month! Closes December 31!

Old 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM

Default New Year! 2024! Come join the Secret Pal Swap this month! Closes December 31!

Welcome to our January Monthly Secret Pal Swap! We're thrilled to have you join this exciting and creative exchange. Each month brings a new opportunity to connect with fellow participants and spread some joy. Here are the key details to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience:

How It Works:
· This is a monthly swap where you can sign up each month based on your availability and interest.
· Every month, you'll be paired with a different partner, enhancing the element of surprise and fun.
· Please commit to participating only if you're confident you can fulfill your obligation. Failure to send a package after signing up may result in a ban from future swaps.

Sending Your Package:
·Mail Package by December 19.
After receiving your Secret Pal's details, let your creativity shine! As you put together a package, consider what your pal might enjoy within the $20.00 limit (excluding shipping costs and stuff from your stash).

· Feel free to include items from your stash, as many participants appreciate like-new stash items.
· To maintain the spirit of the swap, avoid sending items that are worn, damaged, or unfit for use.
· Once your package is ready to go, be sure to privately message Hav4boys to notify them about your mailing plans. This helps them keep track of the process.

International Shipping:
· For international mailings, it's crucial to mail by January 10th to ensure timely delivery.
· When sending internationally, mark your parcel as a 'Gift' on the Customs Declaration, with a value of $10. This can help avoid unnecessary import charges for the recipient.

Communication:
· Maintain open communication by sending a private message to your Secret Pal when you receive their package. Expressing gratitude is an important part of the swap and lets your pal know their efforts are appreciated.
· Feel free to take pictures of your received items and share them in the group. It's always delightful to see the creativity and thoughtfulness that goes into each package.

Sign-Up:
· Please fill out the provided questionnaire and send your info via Private Message to Hav4boys by midnight on December 31.
We're excited to see the connections and surprises that unfold through this Secret Pal Swap. Let's make this an enjoyable experience for everyone involved!
Screen Name:
Address:
City, State, Zip:
Birthday (month and date)
Favorite Color(s):
Least favorite color(s):
The fabric type/color I am looking for?
Brand of sewing machine?
How long have you been sewing/quilting?
Would you like to receive gently used items pertaining to quilting/sewing?
Socks/Slippers/T-Shirts and what sizes?
Body washes/Lotions/Organic bar soap?
Magazine or patterns?
Quilting Notions?
Besides quilting what do you like to do?
Do you like to read and if so what type?
Would you like to receive candy/cookies/snacks/drinks?
Do you have pets, if so what kind?
Do you collect anything, if so, what?
What do you want the most and what don’t you want?
Tell your SP something about yourself to make it easier for them to purchase for you.(Please fill this section out, it helps your SP buy for you.)
Only for host:

Can you mail international?
Email address:
Phone number:

Sign-Up Deadline:
· The sign-up period for this month's swap will close on December 31 at midnight PST. Make sure to get your information in before then if you'd like to participate.
Partner Assignments:
· You can look forward to receiving your Secret Pal's details by January 2nd at the latest. This will give you time to plan and put together a thoughtful package.
Package Tracking and Communication:
· It's important that everyone has a positive experience, so if your pal doesn't receive their package within a reasonable time, please provide tracking information to Hav4boys.
· If there's a special circumstance regarding your mailing, don't hesitate to inform me as soon as possible. Keeping open communication helps ensure everything runs smoothly.

Let the Creativity Flow:
· Remember, this swap is all about spreading joy and creativity. Put some thought into the items you choose for your Secret Pal within the $20.00 limit (excluding shipping and stash items).

· Be as creative as you can be while keeping in mind your pal's preferences.

We hope you have a wonderful time participating in this Secret Pal Swap! Your enthusiasm and effort contribute to making this a fun and engaging experience for all.
Old 12-28-2023, 08:17 AM

Sent my info in.
Old 12-31-2023, 07:47 AM

Hi Kathy,

I have sent my info... so hopefully I'm in!

Hugs

Caroline
Old 12-31-2023, 10:53 PM
Power Poster

OK I have one more hour to go in 2023 but I am signing up for January 2024.
Old 01-01-2024, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

I wonder how many of us remembered to sign up. I know it was a close call for me. I actually fell asleep a half an hour after I wrote that so I missed it all. I was snoring in the recliner when the rest of the family welcomed 2024. LOL
Old 01-16-2024, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

My package went out. I know it is heading to Los Angeles first and then it goes on its journey. I was able to find 3 of the most wanted items and several items my pal might be interested in.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:24 PM

Default January Secret Pal Swap

My package shipped today! It should arrive for my Secret Pal on Friday!
Old 01-16-2024, 05:13 PM

Thank you, Gaijin for my great swap package! I love the colorful fabric you picked for me, the patterns look like fun, those chocolate quinoa crisps are delicious! Thank you for the toy and treats for Sergie! She loves them both! The soap smells great and those are my fabric kinds of bobbins, I’m glad you sent one because I lost my other one! Thanks again for a great package!

Old 01-16-2024, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

Fun to see people's packages come in. I am ready for this year 2024. Those snacks look delicious. Are they from the health food store?
Old 01-20-2024, 06:41 PM

Default I received a great swap package from Brenda W!

Fabrics, pens, patterns, a book, fabric panels, a pedometer, an energy bar, thread, a lovely cutwork piece to finish, a journal, and a pretty card. Love it all and always enjoy the mystery of a box whose contents I do not know!

Many, many thanks to you, Brenda!

Gaijin
Attached Thumbnails img_1414.jpg