Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Just for my information does anyone have any favorite colors or color theme?
    Yellow... What are you up to, sneaky Pete..?
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    Yellow... What are you up to, sneaky Pete..?
    I'll never tell even if you torture me with a feather LOL

Just a hint: remember I am a miniaturist quilter. (for those who don't know)

Iím going to try this one out. Iíve never done a wall hanging before & always wanted to try. Thereís just so many places to go with the idea!

Rhonda Iím totally into teal. Actually I love the whole cooler spectrum; teal, purple, blue & green.

Julz

Blog Entries
    I would say, that I love aqua and purple right now. I'm also a bright fabric junkie.

I do hope that at least one of you likes brights. I am also loving Pink and Orange together. In fact, my two latest bed size quilts have been made out of Pink and Orange.

I found this darling stack of 2.5" squares that just screamed out to me to make a Wall Hanging out of.

Please add me to your participant list. I started on my Wall Hanging today.
    Last edited by Judith1005; 11-25-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Pretty, Judith....love the colors. Create away....
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

My faves are red, black, and white. Or anything but blue. I am easy to please.Due to some medical problems, I am working on my wall hanging a bit early. I chose Spring flowers as i am pressed for time. Should be finished by next week; will let you know.
    Rumbols

Blog Entries

The sign up list is only for fun. It is just to see who is interested in playing!!

This list is not a committment. The only list that counts is the READY TO MAIL list at the end of the swap.

The sign up list is just to see who is interested

So here goes----

If you want to join in let me know. This is not a commitment. When you send me a pm telling me you are ready to mail that will be the commitment.

So if you don't get done in time you can just wait and use your wh for the next swap.
    No stress no mess no fuss LOL just have lots of fun!

1.Rumbols
    2.Teen
    3.Annaquilts
    4.skaduzy
    5.amalia64
    6.Boop56
    7.Darcyshannon
    8.kwyltaholic
    9.craftyjulz
    10.Judith1005

Don't stress! Just play and have lots of fun. The only rule is bigger than a mugrug and smaller than a lap quilt. So the sky is the limit on creativity!! Enjoy the process!!!

You may see a surprise from me in your mail in the coming weeks!! So make sure I have your correct address!!

Blog Entries
    I'm so excited to have new players joining us! I hope you have a lot of fun this swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbols View Post
    My faves are red, black, and white. Or anything but blue. I am easy to please.Due to some medical problems, I am working on my wall hanging a bit early. I chose Spring flowers as i am pressed for time. Should be finished by next week; will let you know.
    I'm hoping everything will be ok, Rumbols. Special thoughts and prayers for you...

Thank you Teen. The next two weeks will be testing. When results are in, we will see.
    I am with Rhonda, great seeing some new players on board. This is a fun swap.
    Rumbols

Welcome new swappers!! You are sure to enjoy....

I am out of control!!! I have made 3 wall hangings for this swap that I have not posted pictures on QB picture thread for any of them until I decide which one I'm swapping. I'm stopping now to finish up some Christmas stuff but I keep getting inspired. I need to stop surfing the web...lol...

For color schemes I like more muted red, white and blue.

I like all colors. Not much on grays unles missed with blue n some star

I like most colors...not so much brown. Love scarlet and grays together (can you tell I'm in Ohio?)
    Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.....I am still full, ate way too much, but at least all the turkey is gone.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Got a panel today to try to use for this wh swap. I’m excited but nervous because I don’t have a longarm anymore so finishing this means trying to quilt on my own little Bernina 440QE. I love my sewing machine, but she sure doesn’t have much of a throat to squish that quilt through. I may have to rent some time on a longarm & do it that way, but first I have to figure out how I’m going to surround the panel. Much thinking & imagining ahead. I’m happy because I know I’m getting the upgrade to EQ8 for Christmas (thanks to my awesome Mom) so if I get stuck I can wait until then.

I am waiting on a surgery date so I better get going on this wall hanging. I am not sure how long recovery was but a friend, who went through something similar, already gave me the heads up I would not be permitted to do stairs for over 2 weeks and my studio is upstairs. I have something in mind. As for Holiday themes, it is good to remember not all of us do all Holidays or in the same way. As cute as Holiday quilts are, our family does not do Santa, Easter bunnies and Halloween.
    Anna Quilts

Well, I got the wall hanging done and I am ready to ship. I did a spring type WH with flowers again. If you go to www.allpeoplequilt.com and look up Fiesta Flowers WH, you will see the pattern I used. Didn't use the same fabric colors and changed the background to all white. I sewed the background with some of the fancy stitching on my sewing machine to make it look like wall paper (something new for me) before appliqueing the flowers on. I used a batik FQ set and pieced the binding when done. Hope this is clear enough to get a picture of what the wall hanging looks like (can't post pics). Will pm our host and likely not be on the board for a few days or weeks depending on my doctor. I will be reading whenever I can, so good luck to everybody with their wall hangings. Everyone have a nice safe holiday next month.
    Rumbols

Be well, Rumbols....hoping for a quick and restful recovery.... Hugs!

Anna....good luck with your surgery and recovery. let us know how you are doing...
    Last edited by Teen; 11-29-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Well this is our 20th swap and I promises some surprises

Here is a sneaky peek at something that may come your way sometime over the next 3 months

It may be a keychain or a magnet or the center of something bigger LOL Ignore the little black thread LOL

This is 3" x 3"
    Name:  Black Red Boston Starlll.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  16.6 KB

Ooooooo...so pretty and so tiny.....you are really good at mini's...geesh......and you are such a tease...

Rhonda, that does look so good and tiny. Can't wait to see what you make. I know you are very talented.
    Thanks, Teen for your good wishes. they must of worked.
    Well, I got the results of my nuclear testing today and everything is 98 per cent a-okay per the doctor. So no heart surgery needed at the moment. Nothing likje them telling you to prepare for a lay up and then retract it, LOL. Retesting in 6 months, yeah. Still have more tests next week for something else. This one is a little scarier. I have my fingers crossed.
    Rumbols

Blog Entries
    Rumbols, that is surely great news. I am so happy for you.

Annaquilts, I will keep you in my prayers and hope you get done what you need to.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbols View Post
    Rhonda, that does look so good and tiny. Can't wait to see what you make. I know you are very talented.
    Thanks, Teen for your good wishes. they must of worked.
    Well, I got the results of my nuclear testing today and everything is 98 per cent a-okay per the doctor. So no heart surgery needed at the moment. Nothing likje them telling you to prepare for a lay up and then retract it, LOL. Retesting in 6 months, yeah. Still have more tests next week for something else. This one is a little scarier. I have my fingers crossed.
    So glad you got a good report so far. Will pray for a good one with the next tests too.

Blog Entries
    Yes I am a miniaturist. I began my online quilt career here on this board in 2009. I have been called the Queen of Minis. (coined on this board LOL) You can see my stuff if you search my name. I have a lot of stuff on this board. I think there are around 200 tutorials including my EQ tutes. If you pay attention to the ads they show from time to time for the EBooks sold on here and 4 of those are mine. I wrote them in 2009.

So yes I only do small stuff. I rarely do anything larger than 18" at the very most and that was my doll quilts I swapped. Well I also do and teach my Dresden Kaleidoscopes also. You can search that if you want to see some.

So I have all kinds of things rolling around in my mind for these surprises!! So watch your mailbox in the near future!!

Blog Entries
    Some of my Dresden Kaleidoscopes - just so you can see what they are.

Attachment 604651

Name:  Chicken 4==.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  32.1 KB

Name:  DK QB 2 400.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  45.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast