Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap >

November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

November - February 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 12-25-2018, 11:27 AM

I am working on my wall hanging. I don't know. You all are so good. I really do feel like whoever receives mine will be disappointed so what do to my skill level. But I can take criticism. But not harsh criticism. Constructive circumstance, yes. I want to learn. Thanks in advance to who ever gets mine and bless your heart.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56 View Post
I am working on my wall hanging. I don't know. You all are so good. I really do feel like whoever receives mine will be disappointed so what do to my skill level. But I can take criticism. But not harsh criticism. Constructive circumstance, yes. I want to learn. Thanks in advance to who ever gets mine and bless your heart.
Boop56...I would love to receive your wall hanging!..we all started somewhere, and there are many times when I still feel like a beginner (when my "want to do this" exceeds the ability to do it! Right now I'm arguing with myself because I KNOW what I want in my wall hanging, but so far have not succeeded in creating it. Will I have to change my mind and do another kind? Maybe....we'll see.......
Old 12-25-2018, 05:45 PM

A Merry Christmas, lovelies! Hoping you all had a wonderful day with friends and family. I have sold my home and will be moving from California to Idaho by end of January. So, 2019 will be an exciting year for my DH and I. We start building our new home in Feb/Mar with the first sign of good weather. In the meantime, we'll be living in our RV in the huge workshop we built this year. Limited space but I'll be sure to make room to sew. Lol!! So, Rhonda...I'll have a new address to share for the swap!! So exciting..

Boop56.... As you can see with the picture of my Wallhanging....I didn't cut the border fabric straight with the fabric direction so, even though the borders are even, the plaid pattern is wonky. Obviously, none of us are perfect but we still love each other's creations and appreciate the loving care each takes to create something special. This is why I love the swappers here...really, all the QB members are sweet. So, please girl....just create away and we will treasure it. BTW?..I saw your ornaments....gorgeous....no way could you disappoint us.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:51 PM

Merry Christmas Rhonda and all our swappers. The year went so fast.....before we know it, it will be the end of February!

Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Merry Christmas to all of my swappers!! Hope you have a wonderful time today. We had our dafinner yesterday at my son's house. Enjoyed getting to see all of my grandkids and great grandkids. It's the one time of the year we can get everyone together. One grandson had to work but other wise everyone was there. I feel so blessed to have a big family. There are about 28 of us now with my kids and grandkids and spouses and great grands and mom and my husband and me.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:56 PM

Pamela and Boop....every time I try a new technique it's a learning experience and I never know exactly what it will look like. Don't ever worry that someone in this fun swap won't like your creation. Whoever gets it will love it!
Old 12-25-2018, 09:17 PM
Power Poster

This group of swappers is all about LOVE! We love anything quilty no matter the skill level. We are our own worst critics so don't get too down on yourself about any of your quilting.

We all go into these swaps knowing the person who made it is so much more important than the wall hanging. We love them all fat square long oblong inside out LOL We don't care it is just fun to swap!!

The only time I was ever upset over a swap was offline and the lady who made the quilt block was a professional and her quilt block was so badly thrown together it was not worth my time. I donated it to an orphan group and let them straighten it out so it could be used. it was pitiful. But it found a good home and all were happy.

I have swapped many quilty projects here on the QB and have loved every one no matter the end result. They are all wonderful in my eyes.

I received a doll quilt one time that I just thought oh no it is ORANGE - now orange is that one color for me that I just can't stand to use. But I looked at her wall hanging and found she had used a fringe I had never seen before and I loved that fringe. then I gradually came to accept the orange and it is one of my favorite doll quilts.

I have been quilting since 1980 but every time I receive something quilty I learn from it.

I just love my doll quilts because I can "see" every quilter I have swapped with when I look at them. I have around 20 of them and I love them all.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:40 AM

Wanted to say a belated Merry Christmas to all swappers here. I have my medical all straightened out for this year and just need to concentrate on sewing for a while. Next February I will need to repeat it all over again. Such is life.

I struggle a lot with anything new I try as I suffer from dyslexia all my life. When I read a quilt pattern, no matter what I do something goes wrong. But in the end everything turns out okay and everyone here thinks it is great. So Boop56, we all have a beginning (or a handy cap) so don't be too hard on yourself. You wall hangings will be just as great as the rest of the groups. Just have fun creating what you like.

Want everyone to have a Happy New Year's Eve. Best wishes for the coming new year. Hope to have lots of quilting opportunities i our futures.

Last edited by Rumbols; 12-26-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by granky View Post
Didn't think I liked gray either...until a friend requested gray in this wall hanging....[ATTACH=CONFIG]605367[/ATTACH]
Now that is beautiful.. Something like that is what has been on my mind for my WH
Old 12-31-2018, 02:08 AM
Power Poster

Oh my, How did I miss signing up for the swap. I have either been very busy or very lazy, hmmm! I better get busy now. I just PM'd Rhonda to let her know I will be playing.

Happy new year to everyone.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:10 AM

I would love to join in this swap. I've sent my info to Rhonda. I hope everyone has a healthy and happy new year!