Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-10-2011, 03:29 PM

Sent my squishy out today since I remembered the Post Office is closed tomorrow. My SP has a dog, likes chocolate and fabric - more specifically 30's fabrics. Will provide more clues tomorrow....hmmmmm who could it be???
Old 11-10-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by koko View Post
Sent my squishy out today since I remembered the Post Office is closed tomorrow. My SP has a dog, likes chocolate and fabric - more specifically 30's fabrics. Will provide more clues tomorrow....hmmmmm who could it be???
Oh this really sounds like me. Love it!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:34 PM

I received a very nice package from Carrot tonite. 2 packs of gourmet hot chocolate, a couple of pieces of Ghiardelli chocolate, a pack of black twizzlers AND then the really cool stuff: a nice long measuring tape, a pack of kleenex, a set of quilting gloves, 3 pieces of mottled fabric, 2 purple and one a deep pink (which I'm looking for for a project!), a darling beach bag pattern, a cute Thimbleberries pin, a copy of Quilting Quarterly, a hand done doily with lace edges and hand done center and 2 really cute hand done projects: a needle carrier and a really darling postcard, plus a very nice letter!!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Greenini sounds like a really nice swap.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:42 PM

Thanks for all the compliments on my caddy. I didn't use a pattern. I just made it up as I went. Here is how I did it:

I measured from the back of my machine to front edge of the table then 7 1/2 inches for the part that hangs over. Then measure the width that you want it to be. Cut fabric for front and back and batting those measurements. Create sandwich and quilt as desired. Square up if needed. For the pocket it is 6 inches by with of sandwich that you just quilted. You will need to cut fabric for front and back of pocket strip and batting in those measurements. Create sandwich, but do not quilt. put binding on top edge of pocket strip. Lay pocket strip on top of quilted sandwich, line up lower edge and sides. Narrow stitch the sides and bottom edge of pocket. Next lay caddy flat and lay out anything that you will be putting in the pockets on top of the pocket strip to figure out how many pockets you will need to create. Somethings got their own pocket, but some things I grouped together such as marking tools. Or by size. Mark stitching line for each pocket. Those things that will get lost in a deep pocket will need to have a horizonal stitch line marked also to make pocket desired depth. Stitch those sewing lines that you marked on the pocket strip. Add binding all the way around. Then you are ready to use your wonderful new caddy. And there you have it my very first tutorial.

Wanda Lou I would really like to see the purse that you made with this same fabric. I'm really hoping to have enough left for the pin cushion/thread catcher.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:49 PM

Ok just to give you the hands up if you live in the States I posted my package out today. It usually takes about 9 days to get there so will post a new clue every day and see if you can figure out who it is for, I have been really busy this last week or so and haven't been able to get on the board very much so I am going to have to get some time to trawl through and see if there are any clues for me (please). I seem to be able to navigate around the site but I am dreading trying to post a picture, it took me ages to work out how to do it on the old board but hopefully i will be like Mary and manage it no bother. The only problem I seem to be experiencing with the new board is that it is so slow,

On a new note, I am coming to America!!! Have just booked for a weeks holiday in Orlando followed by a 6 day Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale travelling at the end of January. Am so excited my sister used to live near Cocoa Beach and am looking forward to reaquainting myself with the area.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 PM

Airwick sorry to hear that happened to you with no warning. I feared that this would be coming when I saw the new rules the other day. And on that note I will not say anything else publicly about this or I may find myself in trouble with the big cheese.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the tute Robyn, very clear and detailed instructions loved the caddy and the fabric you used one of these days I will make one for my self, I have been promising my self a thread catcher for over a year now!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Robyn,
I can so relate to pain. I have been suffering with chronic pain since
my second neck surgery in January 2009.
Even FREQUENT visits (sometimes 2-3 per month) to the pain management
Dr does not fully help me. I get injections and they are short term semi-relief
but nothing lasts over 6 months (the longest so far).
Now beginning of the new year we will be on NEW insurance and it will not be
covering 1/10th of what my current insurance covers.

To this current date my insurance (present is Aetna) has paid out OVER $500k
in treatments, diagnosis, surgeries, CTscans, Xrays, MRI's, Drs, hospital, meds,
neck braces, traction units, tens unit and goodness knows I can't remember what
else there is/has been.
YES you read that correctly OVER half a million dollars has been spend on trying
to "fix" my next issues and all the pain. With no complete success at it (so far).

So I truly hope you are able to get the relief you so deserve, NOBODY should
have to live in pain all the time.

Sad as it sounds I am ALMOST getting use to it. But maybe someday that
will change too.
I'm sorry to hear that you are in the same boat as I am. I have had the medial branch and the radio frequency adulation done on my neck. It didn't work at all, just made the pain even worse for 2 months and a hospital bill from loosing the feeling in my right arm and hand for a couple of days. I haven't racked up the bills that you have yet. I can't even imagine. I have had back and neck pain almost all my life and just lived with it for a long time. That is probably part of my problem now. If I had addressed this properly 10 years ago when I really started to become a problem things might be different now. Live and learn.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:58 PM

Gday, this might help, if you go to "Quick Links (at top of page) - drop down box" and into "subscribed threads" you will note the above thread has a circle next to it with a double arrow in it. If you click on this you should be taken to the last post that you have read. Hope this helps. :0)

Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
Ok, can anyone tell me how to solve my problem? On the old board format, it remembered what page I was on. So, when I returned to this thread (or another I was following), it would go to where I left off. This one doesn't. Which is a problem when there are hundreds of pages! I'm not complaining about the new format, just a little frustrated at learning how to get around. Can someone help me?

Last edited by pennyj123; 11-10-2011 at 05:05 PM.