Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-18-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila-in Erie View Post
I wanted that wall hanging!!! I made a table topper with my challenge fabric and my secret pal from our quilt received it. They played this "silly" game where you had to pass the presents around to other people. Kris tried to cheat and it didn't work. It was fun and we all received nice gifts from the challenge.
OK, so I tried to cheat (just a little), but it didn't work. I was trying for Sheila's table topper. Oh well............
Old 11-18-2011, 08:33 PM

Received my awesome and wonderful generous package tonight from Homecaregiver!!! There were so many things stuffed in the box. I will try and take pics of both my packages and post them both tomorrow.

Thanks again Patsy!!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:35 PM

Chrys I'm sorry to hear that you have been so sick. I have said a prayer for you.
Ladybug I have sent you a pm.

Ok and now for what went on in my day. DH and I finally made it to Harbor Freight so that I could try out this blades in my rotary cutter. I also wanted to pick up a few other things. We get there and find one of the guys that work there. I ask him where I can find them. He said to me you a quilter? I said yes. He said you guys are the ones that always but them all. He said I don't think we have any left. Sure enough all gone. I ask him about some suction cups that were in the add. He shows me where they are and asked are you going to quilt with them too? I said yes, that they would work great on my large rulers. I told him at the LQS the things that I was there to buy were a lot more money. So here is what I bought at Harbor Freight today.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289024[/ATTACH] The double suction cup was $5.99 the suction cups are rather large. They do have a different one that is used put on a shower or bath tub wall for $6.49. It looks very similar to the gypsie one that I have. I might end up taking this one back for that one. The large single cup is 4 1/2 inches and was on sale for $2.99, regular price $4.99. The small one is 2 1/4 inches for $2.99. The suction cups are on 2 different isles. The clips below were on sale for $1.00 regular price $2.99
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289025[/ATTACH]
I also got some things in the mail today. The first was the package from Krysyna. She sent me one of her embroidery hankie angels so that I could send it to my mama. It is more beautiful than the pictures she posted showed them to be. Such amazing details. Some of her jams and jellies. A calendar & coaster set that are very much my style. A lace cap. And a very festive pincushion that I like a lot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289026[/ATTACH]
And the 2nd package was a total surprise. It was from Marcus fabrics. They sent me 5 beautiful FQ's for a tip that I submitted. Here is the link to the site and you will see my suggestion and while you are there submit one of your own and maybe you will get a surprise too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289027[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails new-things-004.jpg   new-things-005.jpg   new-things-002.jpg   new-things-006.jpg  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:44 PM

Wow, Robyn, that is too cool! I'll have to check out the website for Marcus. Will also have to go to Harbor Freight. Was there a long, long time ago, but that was before the whole rotary blade deal.
My six year old grandson stands at the dining room table to use my sewing machine. I have explained the whole safety thing and he is very careful about getting his fingers near the needle. He doesn't sew for long periods, so he just puts his foot on the pedal and guides the fabric while standing. Made a small pillow for his mom while she was out of town at training for work.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:50 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289028[/ATTACH]Robyn I have looked all over Ottumwa for those and no one had them so this is what I am using for my small (12") ruler.
Attached Thumbnails 001resized.jpg  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:52 PM

Someone posted on the board that when teaching their grandchild they put the footpetal on the table and they let the child use their hand to control to get the idea of how it worked.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:53 PM

Krystyna the angel use sent to Robyn is beautiful!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:03 PM

My SP package arrived Yesterday morning to a PO Box, but no one has picked it up yet. I am anxious to see if she likes it. I put something in the package that my buddy thomp116 made. It was just too cute and sp collects them. That was 2 hints. I am joining you ladies on the bench- in front of the fireplace (it is cold here tonite 37). I think a hot cup of tea and a cranberry english muffin sounds great right now! I will share.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:23 PM

HARBOR FREIGHT deffiently has some COOL stuff at very good prices. Well worth it to stop in if theres one near anyones home or travels around. LOVE the puppy coat on Miss Daisy Mae. anyone notice she DID NOT look at the camera??? GREAT SWAPS this month. I'll say it again, everyone is SOOO generous!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
My box arrived today from IrelandDragonQuilting. Look, it's mine, mine, all mine!!! Notice the mugrugs....aren't they the best???!!! I love them!!! And the pin cushion...what a wonderful addition to my pin cushion collection!!! Purple square pack in my favorite color!!! And the pattern for a shoulder bag, too!!! I have one terrific swap partner!!! Thank you IrelandDragonQuilting for such a wonderful box!!!
You are welcome!! I made the handbag pattern, I got it from another and thought I would pass it on. So the pincushion was not to bright then? I was a bit worried on that one, but you did say bright colors LOL