Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=leiladylei54;4695945]Mary, I think that Christmas basket has my name on it.....you need to check it carefully. I'm sure I detected my name on it.[/QUOT I think it does have your name on it.I'll pop it right in the mail for you.NOT !!!!!!now don't you wish you had shared that purple fabric.tee hee
Old 11-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
WOWZA!!! Rec'd a VERY STUFFED box of treasures today form my SP...IT was jammed. I will post a ohot this weekend.....my next challenge on this new QB format, is to post photos....right now Gotta go fix some dinner and get ready for tomorrow; my quilt groups final workshop for this year. THANKS to REGINA in Mississippi . ( HAD to share the candy with hubby!) The box made my day!
I don't share my chocolate with my husband. He doesn't share his beer I don't share my chocolate !!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=lawsonmugs;4696024]
Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
Mary, I think that Christmas basket has my name on it.....you need to check it carefully. I'm sure I detected my name on it.[/QUOT I think it does have your name on it.I'll pop it right in the mail for you.NOT !!!!!!now don't you wish you had shared that purple fabric.tee hee
Sorry, but I don't remember what purple fabric!!! LOL
Old 11-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

Good night all and have a great weekend. Mary
Old 11-18-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Hi Ladies - and Charles, too! Love Robyn's pin cushions. They're the best!
Here's a little quilted coat I made last night for Daisy Mae the nightmare dog. The quilting gets lost in the fur, but it's there. I think she looks verry stylish! Unfortunately, she wasn't too happy about modeling.
What an adorable little coat!! I can appreciate Daisy Mae's point of view. Don't like my pic taken either. LOL
Old 11-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Has anyone heard how Juli's sister is doing? and the baby?
Old 11-18-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Robyn I let my grandkids start with the peddle. I move the machine to the coffee table so they can work the peddle.This is done with no needle and pressure foot down.Then they learn to use the needle no thread on paper. Then you just move them as they get the hang of things. Mine learn it is a machine and they can get hurt so lets start with the small stuff first.Good luck.Louise sorry your swap was denied.Hope the other is accepted.Charles you recieved a wonderful swap. You also sent a terrific swap. Glad your in the secret pal swap with all of us.Lori husband ear is when they never hear a word their wife says. My husband has it really bad.Only thing that helps is a big ole frypan lol.Carrot I love the list for going to the waiting bench.lolLeiladylei I think that purple fabric is mine. If you would just send it on to me,I would appreciate it. Mary
Mary you are so amazing. Thank you for the advice, it is perfect. I'm so glad I asked you. I don't think that I would have thought of doing that myself. I think that the first lesson will be picking out a pattern and going through Nana's stash for fabric. Watching me cut fabric on my GO cutter and using the rotary cutter and ruler. And she will be in charge of stacking the pieces in neat piles. All the while explaining different aspects of fabric, like bias, selvege, ect. The different tools that we are using. Discussing safety. Maybe a little bit about colors. I'll go over different parts of the sewing machine. Then maybe her first lesson with the sewing machine like you said. I also think that I will put together a little hand work kit and teach her about basic hand sewing. I'll have her use a large dull type needle, like a darning needle. I'll cut up some large squares for her to put together. I'll talk to my daughter about this first and make sure that she is willing to supervisor when she wants to work on it, like while watching tv. What do you think?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
My sister is going to have her baby tomorrow. I just got back from the hospital from visiting her. They will induce her in the morning. The baby is going to be 3 weeks early since she is due until the 9th of Dec. She has been having high blood pressure. She was at our this this afternoon, we went out to lunch and then she went to her appt she told the Doc that her hand have been going numb. The Doctor has been montioring her and baby twice a week and they have been talking about inducing her. The Doctor told her the baby has no more room to grow, so they are going to go ahead and induce, so she in now in the hospital and will induce in the morning. The baby is probably around 5 lbs. right now.
Hope mom and baby do well.

Deby
Old 11-18-2011, 08:14 PM

Krystna -- Daisy Mae looks very stylish! :-)
Old 11-18-2011, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by barefoot quilter View Post
do you have a pattern for that cute snowman that is realy cute or can you tell me what the name is of the pattern please...
This was a verrrry old kit that I bought from somewhere, sometime. It is called Snowman and the design is by Rachel T Pellman, Rachel's of Greenfield. OK, I just found this on the directions.......Copyright 1999 (told you it was old), Rachel's of Greenfield, 76 Greenfield Road, Lancaster, PA 17602

I did the original and the challenge one at the same time - figured since I was doing one, I might as well do two.