Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-17-2011, 06:31 AM

I posted a picture today on the "new" board for the first time and it went right thru....I did downsize to about 3" square before even trying. We "unfortunate" dial/up guys really appreciate the smaller pictures. They load right up. LOL
Old 11-17-2011, 07:25 AM

OK, perseverance pays off. I figured out how to downsize my photo, so that now it has a low enough Mb to be able to be uploaded here. Sorry for the delay Kellie G. This is the photo from my SP package received last week. Thanks again. I love everything. Only one hot chocolate left now and none of the chocolate squares. Only thing better than chocolate is sewing... lol.
Attached Thumbnails nov11swaprecdsized.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:52 AM

Wish I could take credit for taking the peacock photo - it would one of those things that you remember for life.
Either an aunt or cousin sent me the photo. I was at work and wanted to test loading a photo and this is the only photo
on my work computer that is beautiful enough to share - had I been at home it would have been something more quilt related.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:02 AM

I checked on the package I sent out Tuesday - sorry secret pal it was sent a day late - good news is if you are in postal zone 5 and your zip code totals 14 you should receive your something something today.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:09 AM

i have a pic of a white peacock we were someware around the grand canyon[ATTACH=CONFIG]288610[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]288611[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails aprils-2174.jpg   aprils-2198.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Swap Hosts

Hi Ladies!
I just had to share with you the sweetest surprise that ArizonaGirl (Robyn) sent me. I was absolutely floored by her thoughtfulness. It's a big dress form pin cushion with a veil!!! What a sweetie! (Yeah, I know. I have to dust my lamps!)

And just to let you know that nothing around here has changed, I've attached a photo of a tea towel I was stitching out. I was using my handy dandy seam ripper and Riiiiippppp! Right through the towel! Sort of appropriate design, no?
Attached Thumbnails dress-form-pin-cushion.jpg   stitch.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Hi Ladies!
I just had to share with you the sweetest surprise that ArizonaGirl (Robyn) sent me. I was absolutely floored by her thoughtfulness. It's a big dress form pin cushion with a veil!!! What a sweetie! (Yeah, I know. I have to dust my lamps!)

And just to let you know that nothing around here has changed, I've attached a photo of a tea towel I was stitching out. I was using my handy dandy seam ripper and Riiiiippppp! Right through the towel! Sort of appropriate design, no?
Awww....svs you ripped right into the sweetest embroidery.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Good morning,First of all Robyn I am far from a expert on here at picturers.LOL I'm so glad you are finally getting more relief.Congratulations on the new up coming grandbaby. I have 16 and you just never can have to many of them.Juli I'm sorry your not getting enough help with your seizures.I've never had one,but I have seen people have them. Isn't anything I want for sure.You could have almost bet that once your S>P> swap was in the mail the ordered items would show up.lol. Wonda Lou I'm sure not everyone that can't post a picture is having sizing problems.I just have read so many times once they figure out how to downsize most do post.I also am still having some problems with the new site.I'm sure there are lots of bugs still to be worked out.Hopefully they will all be worked out soon. Maybe you should report to the administrator and try to get help that way or maybe just report that you can't post after all this that you have done.Then they will know there is still a problem on here.Hope everone gets their swaps soon,Including ME. Have a wonderful painfree,stressfree day. Mary
Old 11-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

April what a wonderful picture. The grand canyon and the peacock are beautiful.Krystyna I love the dress form and the lamp with the crocheted cloth under it. To bad you ripped the pretty embroidery you did. That always happens after your done with something,never at the beginning.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:01 AM

Congradulations on your Granddaughter! What a sweet name!!

I hope you start feeling better!

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I had a wonderful day today. My youngest daughter dropped off her 2 girls while she went and had an ultra sound done today. I played games on the floor with them for 3 hours. I was in a bit of pain when they left but it was worth it. then new medication gives me about 3 hours of relief. I take it 2x's a day. Which is better than less than 1 hour that I was getting on the old medication. My daughter is having another girl due in April. Her name is going to be Harper Reese. I can't wait to watch her come into this world. I've been present for 4 of them. Emma was by c-section so I wasn't able to be there. I also got a call from the Dr's office today. Some of my test came back elevated and indicate acute inflammatory problems. So I will have to keep trying to find a rheumatologist for treatment as it looks like I definitely have some type of inflammatory disease on top of everything else.

Verna I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving us. You will be missed.

Great packages received today. I saw lots of things that I would be happy to adopt.

Mary you went from not being able to post pictures to the picture posting expert here.

Thank you everyone for all of your support.

Lori I had a thought today. What if new swappers had to send earlier than everyone else their first time. That way if they do not send on time to their person, then the person who is to send to them can send to the person who the newbie failed to send to. I think that would cut down on people signing up and not following thru and their person would not be left empty handed until an angel sends them a package. Just a thought. I hope you understand what I am saying. Also I hope that I am not offending anyone be saying this. I know that life happens and there are exceptions.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful evening.

Hugs to everyone,
Robyn