Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 PM

Wow, I'm excited I actually got a picture to load! The picture was before I had my quilt finished. All done now and on my bed. I told my DH I had to get it on there before it was time to change for Christmas!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:10 PM

I had a bit of a rough day today, I took the day off for a doctors appointments and to assist with setting up with a church yard sale. While helping to unload a truck at the church, I stumbled on the step (singular) and fell flat on the concrete. My Daddy was with me, and he tried to get me up. I told him to just let me lay ( I was hurting so bad, I couldn't catch my breath). I sent him after an ice pack and got myself up. I was a bit sore but feeling ok.

We finished at the church for the morning and I rushed to my doctor's appointment, a bit late because of the fall. I explained to the receiptist and she said no worries handing me paperwork to fill out. I set down with the paperwork only to have three nurses rush out to look at me . I had a big goose egg on my head and by that time was getting a little blurry eyed. They decided that I did not need to see the Hemotologist today and put me in a wheelchair and pushed me to the emergency room. Seemed like the little lady pushed me half a mile.

Once there, I called Daddy (because I was suppose to meet him back at the church later to help finish setting up) and he would have worried if I didn't show up. So now I have finally got home for the night. After xrays, a CAT scan, and much ordeal at the hospital. (They didn't want to give me pain medication because of the goose egg. My nurse there left a lot to be desired, I asked three times for someone to help me to the restroom, Daddy finally did.) My eldest daughter came after work.

Good news no concussion(the ice kept the swelling on my head from causing damage), bad news bruised badly, and have a fractured ankle. Daughter thought I ought to go and spent the night at her house or Daddy's so I wouldn't have stairs with hubby being out of town (DH's brother has been admitted to hospice, more news that we were expecting but not today). I finally compromised and had them bring my pillows, quilts etc downstairs to the sofa for me.

And I will miss the fun at the yard sale tomorrow. The yard sale is a benefit for a family here and I was looking forward to it.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Banned

Clue #5

They list 2 candies as a favorite, and 1 that they DO NOT like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am posting my clues even though I have not seen my
SP posting in THIS section of the new forums. I just know
they HAVE been active as of today.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Thought I would give a few clues for my sp this month. She lives in the state where I meet my husband... there is alot of water there... and she likes to read. Also trying out new fonts and colors. I haven't been on here alot since the board has changed. Not sure if I like all the changes, but need to check them out. Think I might try to post a picture if it works this is my fall quilt I was working on in Sept.
Lovely Quilt Darlene, at some point I want to do a Maple leave.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Thank you KoKo and Vicki. Vicki so sorry to hear about your day. Glad it was not a concussion. Make sure you stay off of your ankle so it can heal. Let everyone take care of you! Praying you have a better day tomorrow!!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:20 PM

Got my 2 pals from Lori today and will finish up the shopping tomorrow....was a little concerned that I would be late this month, and having 2 pals would really set me back, but God Bless Lori, she is truly a wonderful hostess to go through all of this "new" board stuff...hopefully , December will be an easier swap month.....
Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 PM

Going to try to post a picture...if it works I have learned a lot tonight.
Attached Thumbnails july-2011-stuff-001.jpg  
Old 11-03-2011, 07:34 PM

Default Test test test

Testing, testing, testing...

Found out if I mouse over the boxes that don't have anything in them I can see what they format.
Like center...
have no idea if this test photo will post...one says spell check....yeah

Attached Thumbnails dscn0009.jpg  
Old 11-03-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr View Post
Testing, testing, testing...

Found out if I mouse over the boxes that don't have anything in them I can see what they format.
Like center...

have no idea if this test photo will post...one says spell check....yeah

Your pup is so cute!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 PM

test test test