Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2074

Thread: November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
    Hey everybody just stopping by to say "Hi". Been kinda a bad day here. DH came home and said he was laid off today. Bad time of the year for that to happen. But then again any time is a bad time! Say a prayer for us. Not complaining we're probably better off than alot of others.
    I'm trying to decorate my house for all our company. My DIL and Gdaughter will be here Sat. and then DS, DD and her family come in on Tues. My extended family comes here on Wed. somewhere around 45 - 50 people. I think I've already told you all this but my extended family, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and kids celebrate Christmas together after Thanksgiving dinner, so then we all stay home with our immediate family during Christmas. Thank goodness no gifts to exchange just ornaments and I've already bought mine and a few extras, in case we have some unexpected guests. Keep me in your prayers that I hold it all together and get this stuff done and don't stress out about job situation.
    Now good stuff... just checked again to make sure my SP pkg was delivered, and it was at 3:36 yesterday so hope she received it and liked it.
    Darlene I'm so sorry to hear about your DH being laid off. It's hard enough and even more so right before the holidays. I will pray that everything will work out for you and your family. I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. How is your mom doing?
    Disabled does not mean unable.
    Love to all, Robyn

http://pinterest.com/arizonagirl/

Love all the packages coming in. Darlene so sorry about your hubby getting laid off,my prayers will be with you thru this trying time These will be the first Holidays without my Mom so i to am going to try and stay busy. Gotta go to work now. have a great day!!
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Darlene, Saying a prayer for you and your family.
    Vicki W

hi everyone still on the board...it seems a lot of people have just given up on this new format!! it is wed morning, and i just need to vent a bit....
    i used to love getting up in the morning, getting my coffee and getting on the board for a bit, not no more
    i used to love the way it was easy to navigate the board, finding the new topics to read (all are the same as they were on monday morning!!), seeing what was for sale, seeing recipes etc.....not no more
    i used to love seeing all the great pics of our swap items here on this thread....and now no one knows how to put pics on here.....so not no more
    i used to get very excited when i got my package that i was going to be able to share the contents with everyone on this board....not no more (i am still excited to get my package but very very sad i cannot share it with ya'all!!)
    this board used to be fun.....NOT NO MORE........................
    grumpy90650

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy90650 View Post
    this board used to be fun.....NOT NO MORE........................
    Amen to that! Hate Hate Hate this new board, I have been struggling thru it but am just about ready to give up and go somewhere else.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

To all who still HATE this board I have to say I felt the same on the 1st day BUT now I feel differently. I suggest to you all you do what I did, just take 5 or 10 mins and explore it. Start from the beginning and go to each and every topic and area on this board. You will be surprised at what you find. I know it can be very frustrating, it was for me too, so much so I was ready to quit. BUt then I took a deep breath and just went exploring and it really isn't as difficult as a lot of you make it out to be. Just try it, you'll get used to it like I did and will even find what you've been looking for. And too, we are here as a group to help those who are still having difficulty.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    To all who still HATE this board I have to say I felt the same on the 1st day BUT now I feel differently. I suggest to you all you do what I did, just take 5 or 10 mins and explore it. Start from the beginning and go to each and every topic and area on this board. You will be surprised at what you find. I know it can be very frustrating, it was for me too, so much so I was ready to quit. BUt then I took a deep breath and just went exploring and it really isn't as difficult as a lot of you make it out to be. Just try it, you'll get used to it like I did and will even find what you've been looking for. And too, we are here as a group to help those who are still having difficulty.
    sorry to disagree...i have taken time, much more than 5 or 10 minutes to navigate the board....it is difficult to us who have limited computer knowledge....last night, i tried to post some pics of my secret pal package, of course i could not, so i asked my hubby to help....he is very VERY computer savvy, he uses his computer every day for his job as a project manager, and he could NOT post a pic either.....and i assure you, if he cannot post a pic, i cannot post a pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....i have not given up YET, but i am just saying it was, in the past, easy to sit and have some relaxing board moments in the morning....now it is a struggle....i am very glad you can navigate and are happy with the board, there are just some of us who aren't......just voiceing the opinion of the majority of board members.....
    grumpy90650

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    "...it really isn't as difficult as a lot of you make it out to be." -- mscupid804

Anything new is a challenge to a lot of people who are happy with the way things were. That's what technology is all about. Unfortunately a lot of us are still getting used to computers, etc. Eyesight is a major factor -- the brightness and total jumble of contrasts and colors and sizes of fonts and headings and "cute" add-ons is hard to focus on for a lot of us with problems such as cataracts, etc. It takes us awhile to zone in on what we need to see -- it's hard to find a heading or title when other stuff blares out in bright and bold typeface bigger than the structured headings. I have the largest computer monitor screen I could find and use the biggest font I can get to and I still have problems. I tend to skip over so much "space" and repeated quotes, etc., in an effort to find what I need to read and consequently miss a lot. Also, there are a lot of us who don't have access to high speed internet or in-house (younger kids who are computer literate living with us) support. There's no such thing as "exploring for 5 or 10 minutes". It's more like 1 or 2 hours, and I don't have that much time to spend on the computer each day to explore much less catch up.

I'm not putting down the new structure, but am defending those struggling. Like any new system, there will be bugs and other glitches that were unforeseen at the start. There are many new features that are going to be nice to have, many older features that are going to be harder to get to. Of course there will be a learning curve until everyone catches up. Like many, I feel the loss of the old, familiar board that I felt comfortable with. But I also realize that it has gotten so big and popular that the old format probably just didn't "do it" anymore. Compare it to the corner grocery store that turned into a mega store where the bread is located a half mile away from the milk. Some people will love all the new additions and added inventory while others will long for the bread and milk in the same isle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy90650 View Post
    hi everyone....my very patient hubby and i have been trying to post some pics for the last 1/2 hour.....no go!! i got the nicest package from hoppa, and wanted to post some pics......he sent me the greatest stuff!!! a scarecrow for my holiday table, some sewing machine needles and a large package of hand sewing needles...a journal (never can have too many of those)....some small lint rollers (my special wish!!), and my favorite candy bar......also sent me the cutest snowman mug rug with some hot chocolate in the pocket and a snowman cup to go with it!!.......it is sooooo cute, i just love it....he also sent me some fall leaves fabric, and some fall leaves with some birds in the leaves fabric....i just love that fabric!!!!!...thanks so much, it made me very very happy, and glad to be in these swaps!!!....gina
    GINA.

So glad that you enjoyed your pkg as it was so much fun to put your pkg together!

Hoppa

Blog Entries
    Darlene.

Sorry to hear your husband laid off will say a prayer for you and the family.

When I posted last week that I got my SP package from adeliahartzog I promised to post pictures of all of the great things in my package, but I still have not been able to figure out what I am doing wrong. Sorry Adelia, I will keep trying and see what I can figure out.

so sorry to here about DH grumpy90650, chin up and
    Barefoot Quilter
    april

Blog Entries
    Hopefully they haven't jumped ship. This swap is so much fun and the people so nice that I'm hoping not. Though I do find myself going to Quilting Haven because it is like our old board. A lot of our QB members are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    I show 116 packages have been mailed and 63 received. We had 153 in the swap this month so that means that we have 37 people who have not mailed or who have not informed me that they mailed hmmmmm.....

Blog Entries
    teresa it's good that you have acclimated yourself to the new board and like the new format but from many the comments (main link), many of the board members disagree with you. the board is no longer easy to navigate nor is it user friendly. the colors of the text and wallpaper are not condusive to long periods of navigation for many (including me) because it is hard on the eyes. it is like an expedition to find the things that you want and the creators of the board never posted a tutorial or tips page to assist board members with the new changes.

it is difficult for me to navigate the board because i cannot tolerate the colors. did you know the creators took away the option of having a black text? the darkest text available is this grey text and the only way to create a decent contrast between the text and the wallpaper color is to bold it. that makes no sense to me.

i am one who is computer savvy and have undergone major company software conversions. i believe in new and improved and i am not one who loathes changes so my observations are not coming from a place of being a change abhorer. i am sure the format of the board needed to change to accomodate the large growing community but more detailed communications to the board community would have been appropriate. the board colors make it hard for many to spend the extra time looking around the board to learn much of anything because of the eye strain. there are few navigational tools available. there are many asking a load of questions and the frustration level is high for many still.

imho, if you have mastered your way around the board you can be a really good resource for others here. to say this new format "really isn't as difficult as a lot of you make it out to be" may prove not be an accurate statement based upon the feedback that has been given by other board users and the reflections of patricej, one of the moderators. several board participants have left, just given up, some are participating a lot less and others are participating only as needed as they were involved in activities. hopefully as the board creators move along, they will think to create some navigational tools and tips and continue to improve the colors of the board. it would never occur to me to admonish others due to the difficulty they are having with the new format because so many are. it is not a figment of their imagination it is real the difficulties they are having. i just want to encourage everyone to hang in there and it will get better. when i don't know but i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    Last edited by Havplenty; 11-16-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    I too disagree. I am no computer dummy. I have spent hours, not minutes exploring this board. I still come here everyday, but........ I do not enjoy it like I used to. It isn't fun anymore.

When people use big bold type, it looks like you are screaming at us.
    Last edited by fayzer; 11-16-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Don't get me wrong, I was just as happy with the old board too. But we really don't have a choice here, we can't bring the old board back as much as we would like to. GRUMPY, I assume you changed your settings like we all have talked about in the past to post pics. OK, so then do you have Photobucket? If not, get it, if so, you can post your pics from there to here simply by copying the html address and pasting it in here. I hate to see you and everybody else struggle in here so I will try my best to help you post your pics. Don't give up! BTW, I am in no way calling anybody a computer dummy....I really apologize for stirring up a hornets nest, just trying to help here.....will shut up now.
    Last edited by mscupid804; 11-16-2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Hi everybody. I have to agree that I am not crazy about the new format either.I have figured most of it out though. I also know very little about computers. (self-taught) Seems that most of the ones that can't post pictures need to make the picture much smaller.You do that on your own computer through your picture program.It took me awhile to figure out how to do mine too.Other than that I don't know how to help anyone with posting picture suggestions.If it says download failed it is usually because it is too big .Make the picture smaller. If it still won't work make it even smaller till you can download it.I hope this helps someone.As far as the daily newsletter,to me it's a waste.If you click on "What's new?" at the top of every page you will see all the new stuff.Like what's for sale,links to visit,recipes etc. Good luck to everyone.I'm sorry your husband is out of work. I hate to hear that,and I hear it more all the time.Have a great day everybody. Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries

Posting Photo Tips from QB members
    Copied and pasted. Hope this works for you. Worked for me

PERSONAL COMPUTERS
    Adding photos to the board.
    Save instructions to your computer desktop so you can refer to them

1. Clicked POST NEW THREAD.
    2. Printed your message.
    3. Scrolled down to MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. Clicked it. This opened a new window.
    4 In new window look for UPLOAD FILES FROM YOUR COMPUTER.
    5. Clicked BROWSER. Find pic and open it.
    6. Clicked UPLOAD.
    7. Waited about 1/2 minute.
    8. Underneath the UPLOAD FILES FROM A WEBSITE, see area called CURRENT ATTACHMENTS with your pic name.

REMEMBER.......YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT A BIT FOR THE PIC TO ATTACH.

Anther choice for forums or boards is PHOTOBUCKET.
    Set up an account
    Click on upload from your computer.
    Find the picture you want to use and click on it.
    When the picture uploads, click on share.
    Click on get link code.
    Click box IMG for bulletin boards and forums
    Go back to photo and click on the IMG code white box and copy the image code.
    Paste image code to your board post.

MAC USERS
    On a Mac, you can resize an image in Preview.
    Open the image
    Go to tools menu, select adjust size.
    to view online reduct resolution to 75%. If too big
    reduce to 50% to 65%
    Last edited by fayzer; 11-16-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    Hi everybody. I have to agree that I am not crazy about the new format either.I have figured most of it out though. I also know very little about computers. (self-taught) Seems that most of the ones that can't post pictures need to make the picture much smaller.You do that on your own computer through your picture program.It took me awhile to figure out how to do mine too.Other than that I don't know how to help anyone with posting picture suggestions.If it says download failed it is usually because it is too big .Make the picture smaller. If it still won't work make it even smaller till you can download it.I hope this helps someone.As far as the daily newsletter,to me it's a waste.If you click on "What's new?" at the top of every page you will see all the new stuff.Like what's for sale,links to visit,recipes etc. Good luck to everyone.I'm sorry your husband is out of work. I hate to hear that,and I hear it more all the time.Have a great day everybody. Mary

EXACTLY about re sizing the pic. I had to do this also with my 2nd attempt at posting because the uploading kept failing. After I re sized it, it posted beautifully. I used my photobucket to re size mine.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    If you want to help, it would be great to tone down your print selection because it is really hard on the eyes in addition to being hard to read anyway. Here and now is not the time to get artistic or create individuality -- some of us are old with old eyes. We need relief any time and anywhere we can get it. Please don't take offense, but you asked if you could help. Just a suggestion . . .

Teresa that's what I'm saying. I think some are resizing once or twice and then giving up. I had to resize 3 times before it was small enough.I don't know anything about pixels and whatever's.I just know how I did mine,and it worked. It's so nice when you can finally post a picture. It's like you conquored the world.lol.I love it for this thread because you can show what someone made and sent.All their work is shown in beautiful color.Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    First thank you Mary for pointing out the What's new? link. I had forgotten about it all together. I also have been learning my way around the new board. I too have been frustrated. I used to use the link in the daily digest every day. Now it is worthless as it always seems to have the same things each day. I try going to each category but have a hard time finding the new posts. I don't want to see a post from 2 years ago that some one recently commented on. I try to get to the older posts here and there. But I want to stay current on the new ones. I am not giving up on the board. I don't mean to offend the people who have worked so hard on this transition, but it was poorly thought out. Before the change over at the very least there should have been tutorials and tips ready to go on day one. Now Patrice is having to scramble to accommodate everyone's needs, answering the same questions over and over, dealing with some the more nasty unnecessary and unproductive comments. I'm all for new and better, but I also would expect that new and better comes with an instruction manual, not having to contact someone every 2 seconds for help. If I have instructions I can read and figure it out myself. Just my 2 cents worth.

On a more happier note I started the low dose morphine last night and it seemed to help make the pain more bearable for several hours. I take it 2x's a day. It doesn't last the whole 12 hours, but it is an improvement of less than an hour of relief.
    Disabled does not mean unable.
    Love to all, Robyn

http://pinterest.com/arizonagirl/

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    I show 116 packages have been mailed and 63 received. We had 153 in the swap this month so that means that we have 37 people who have not mailed or who have not informed me that they mailed hmmmmm.....
    Yikes - this isn't a good sign but with the changes in the board format I wonder if that had an impact on people getting back on and finding who they had for a SP.....they could have sent you an e-mail for the info though Lori. Please don't get too discouraged....I'll say it for you GRRRR.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennalyn View Post
    To my SP sender, I thank you for your patience and apologize that I haven't thanked you yet. I know that I have a package waiting for me at home, but I've been stuck at work for about a week now and haven't been able to open it and find out who you are! I'm looking forward to it sometime near the end of this week.

To my SP recipient, your package was just mailed out today! I apologize for the delay and hope that you enjoy things.
    I can't seem to get updates in mail for this board. And yeah, I have the subscription set up right. Since I don't know if I can wade through pages and pages again, I'll just let you know Jenna that I'm your SP. I hope you get to open it soon and like the goodies!! Thanks for leaving this message.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
    I can't seem to get updates in mail for this board. And yeah, I have the subscription set up right. Since I don't know if I can wade through pages and pages again, I'll just let you know Jenna that I'm your SP. I hope you get to open it soon and like the goodies!! Thanks for leaving this message.
    reesk, I had to unsubscribe and then turn around again and re subscribe and that helped. I'm just saying.....that's what worked for me.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast