Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 AM

Congrats ladies on posting your pics! See, not that hard after all!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Hi Ladies!
I just had to share with you the sweetest surprise that ArizonaGirl (Robyn) sent me. I was absolutely floored by her thoughtfulness. It's a big dress form pin cushion with a veil!!! What a sweetie! (Yeah, I know. I have to dust my lamps!)

And just to let you know that nothing around here has changed, I've attached a photo of a tea towel I was stitching out. I was using my handy dandy seam ripper and Riiiiippppp! Right through the towel! Sort of appropriate design, no?
Krystyna sorry to hear about what your naughty ripper did to your lovely tea towel. I also bought a fresh loaf of bread for the yummy jam and preserves that you are sending me.
I have been frustrated with not being tell which posts I had already read and ending up re-reading them again and not being able to see the most resent posts first. Well I was up in the middle of the night last night and while on the board I searched the help threads and learned how to get the most recent first and tell which had already been read. Go to the bottom of any page and next to the contact us is archive. Click on that and it will give you a list of sections to choose from. It will look different this way, but the read topics will be purple and the unread topics will be blue. I am now a very happy girl as I will now be able to see the threads that I want to see and not the same old ones over and over. I hope this help others who have been having the same
Old 11-17-2011, 12:32 PM

Since I am limited to the same number of private messages as everyone else I can not spare the room to send pm's to everyone asking if they have mailed their nov packages. I would appreciate it if you are on this list to please contact me and tell me if you have mailed as per the rules, this is not meant as a wall of shame but is much needed information. If you have mailed and let me know already please resend a pm as I do not show you as having mailed. Thank you. aussie croydon/ brenda21/ chrys/ Clover Patch/ girlscounts1/ hearthhush/ judy-Fla/ liza63/ maggie/ Qwilty Lady/ sewnmom/ starofmoondancer/
Old 11-17-2011, 12:59 PM

I got a great package from quiltin'gran and am going to list everything as I don't know if my picture will show up. First of all, a great card that shows the phases of the moon, book called Emma's Secret which I haven't read yet, big bag of Werthers and a bag of Hershey almond kisses (almost gone), note pad, playing cards in the shape of gingerbread men, needlethreaders, two quilt pattens, a spool of sparkly green ribbon and a spool of red rickrack ribbon, a box of green tea bags, 5 pieces of batik fabric and 7 pieces of solids and prints. Last but not least a homemade tissue holder (really nice!) for my purse. Thanks, Suzanne, from another Suzanne. I love it all!
Attached Thumbnails quiltingran.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 01:09 PM

Friends I;m seeing RED.....red fat quarters that is.I got the most wonderful package from that sneeky devil Lori..She sent 6 red fats,a collapsible container thats just the right size for the fat4s. A Nora Roberts book.A plastic container that has sm notebook,kleenx and a highlighter.She sent me chocolate filled luxury wafers.They;re so good with my coffee.Lori THANK YOU so much .The reds will be going in a red scrappy quilt that I;m planning.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 PM

Default A " sweet " secret pal named Jlin52

I was asked if I posted my Nov. Secret Pal gifts here on this thread.. Well, wasn't sure there was a specific thread for it, but posting here again of the wonderful gifts I recieved from my secret pal, " Jlin52"![ATTACH=CONFIG]288677[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 03:04 PM

Default Thank you kimscruzer!!!!

I absolutely love my entire package I have thanked her in a pm, but look at all the stuff she crammed into that envelope!!! I am attempting to post pics, hope it works, (my first time on new format):

She sent a journal, chili mix, sugar free hard candies, snowman snowglobe that lights up and his belly is full of glitter, sun catchers in fall leaves, nail files, body wash, wax potpourri in 2 scents, luscious fabrics in my fave colors and as if that wasn't enough, an entire yard of snowman fabric that is just adorable, hope you can see everything in my pics.....Thanks Kim, you are a great swap partner!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails fabric-nov-sp-kimscruzer.jpg   goodies-nov-sp-kimscruzer.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 03:17 PM

What great packages are being received!!! Love the snowmen!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:20 PM

So sorry to hear about your job loss, I hope you are able to find alternative work soon

Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
I have tried to navigate this board for hours and days and I still have problems with it. I can't find where I left off in the previous session. I have trouble figuring out what I have read and what I have not read. Now that I said my piece, the happy news, I received my package today. From Lillie, but I do not know her board name. She sent a wonderful package. I thank her. I will try to take a picture and see what happens. I lost my job also. So, I was very happy to get my package in the mail.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
tmw

Originally Posted by barefoot quilter View Post
i have a pic of a white peacock we were someware around the grand canyon[ATTACH=CONFIG]288610[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]288611[/ATTACH]
thats a female peacock.