Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-19-2011, 02:52 AM

Juli, that is such a beautiful baby..Congratulations !! Diana
Old 11-19-2011, 03:12 AM

I received a great package from Grandma Peg yesterday. She sent me a Chicken pincushion that is so cute!! she also sent me a beautiful fat quarter and a magnetic pin holder and two bags of candy. I will try and post a pic later. She was also my secret pal and Sept. hows that for special i love having her as my pal THANKS PEG!!
Old 11-19-2011, 03:29 AM
Swap Hosts

Juli, Brooklyn is lovely = nice New York name, too!
Robyn glad you liked everything. The little lace hat is supposed to make you look like Jackie Onassis. They were called pill box hats back in the day. Love the Harbor Freight goodies. I'll have to look for those suction cups. Aren't those clips the best? I use them for quilting and embroidering to keep fabric out of the way.
Thanks for the compliments on Daisy Mae's coat. I'm a little nervous about it at the dog park. Yesterday there was a boxer following her around - stuck like glue. I think he thought she was a plush toy that moved. However, her big brother, Feeney, was looking after her and bumped him out of the way and started to play with him so he'd leave her along. It's funny how he keeps an eye on her at the park. No she doesn't look at the camera unlike her big brother. Here's a photo of him in "his" chair - I made a wholecloth quilt to cover it and try to keep the hair off.
Attached Thumbnails feeney-june25-003.jpg   feeney-june25-005.jpg  
Old 11-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

Krystyna Feeney Has such an adorable face.Robyn I think your plan will work fine. Sounds like you really thought it out.It's like teaching them to drive. They don't just get behind the wheel and start driving. They need to know some rules and safty first.Aunt Juli congratulations. She is a beautiful baby. I never heard of vaccumming out a baby.My goodness they got women vacumming while having a baby,do women not get away from housework for anything? lol Terrific swaps.I love all the ideas quilters trade. I never really thought about the suction cup hooks for the small rulers Lori. I recently got a habor freight ad and plan on going maybe this week. Thanks for the pictures Robyn.Mary
Old 11-19-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289028[/ATTACH]Robyn I have looked all over Ottumwa for those and no one had them so this is what I am using for my small (12") ruler.
Lori how big is that suction cup on that 12 " ruler???
Old 11-19-2011, 07:28 AM

She's beautiful !!!! Congrats to all

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
After being in labor the entire day (her labor began around 4:00 am..........her water broke the bed her husband was sleeping on), my sister had her baby at 11:06 pm Friday night. They had to vaccum the baby out to kind of help it out. So it kind of has a big red bump on its head and the Doctor won't give it anything for pain, so its head is going to hurt for a few days while it goes.

But my Sister gave birth to a 5 pound 6 ounce baby girl. Her name is Brooklyn Suzanne. She is 19 inches long, with lots of hair. My sister and the baby are both doing great, besides the slight discomfort the baby is having from the vaccum.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:29 AM

I can't remember if I have already sent a post out to Crafty Grannie that I have recieved her wonderful SP package ..BUT incase I have forgotten just wanted you to know that I love everything you sent me..it was a wonderful package!!!! She sent me my favorate colors of fabric (10 fat quarters), a basket with my favorite candy(turtles), a thanksgiving turkey decoration & a hand towel with a turkey on it, a magnetic to do list, a mini pen and pad, a homemade christmas pincushin & acron buttons, a pie candle that smells great,2 books,a word book, a 2 year planner, a mini sewing kit, a pair of siccors with a beaded charm on it, and a beautiful hand made card with a sweet note. You are a great secret pal and many blessings to you
Kathy
Old 11-19-2011, 07:34 AM

Lori.. do you have a Menards near you ? I picked up a large one that was made for the bathroom for $5.00. It was on sale with rebate.

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289028[/ATTACH]Robyn I have looked all over Ottumwa for those and no one had them so this is what I am using for my small (12") ruler.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:51 AM

Lori, look here for the bigger suction bars.

[
QUOTE=Lori Peercy;4696558][ATTACH=CONFIG]289028[/ATTACH]Robyn I have looked all over Ottumwa for those and no one had them so this is what I am using for my small (12") ruler.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-19-2011, 09:06 AM

Krystyna, Feeney is a sweetie.
Welcome to the world Brooklyn. Juli have you bought that child a seam ripper yet? Do they make baby safe seam rippers?
Mary it is amazing the wonderful quilting things you can get at the hardware stores. Yesterday my DH and I gifted each other one of our hobby tools to use in our hobbies. I gave him an old seam ripper to use with his models and he gave me a box cutter. I had to borrow one of his the other day to cut the boxes to make my magazine holders and then again after making a button hole on my scrap holder bag and had to cut it open. So he gave me one of his to keep.
I'm going to see if my granddaughter wants to make a quilt for her new baby sister that she can surprise her mommy with at the baby shower.