Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-11-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286258[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]286259[/ATTACH] I took these pictures 2 nights ago. The sky was dark and the sun was going down it made everything have a orangish glow. I thought it was so pretty. I hope you enjoy them. I know here she goes again.lol. Mary
Mary that is just beautiful! I thought I was looking at a postcard! Wow!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Ooh, Charles likes candy AND blue! Great package Charles!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:35 PM

Secret pal, your package will be there next week. Here is your next hint. Where you live is famous for potatoes.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:28 PM

Ok I've been working on the quilt for my son and just before I sew on the final side of the 3rd border I start thinking about how wavy the borders are becoming and what needs to be done to fix it. Search the web and realize this isnt good and that I have to take all the borders off. So don't do anything for a week. Last night started taking all the borders off and finished this afternoon. I realized that I missed a step in the pattern instructions about stay stitching around the quilt top before putting the borders on. So I will do that and then put the borders back on. I'm hoping that by missing that step that is what was causing the wavy borders. I didn't prewash any of the fabric and I need to press the border strips again. I'm worried about using starch again as it might shrink. I pressed and starched before cutting in the beginning. Should I risk it or just press as best as I can for now and then press and starch everything after the borders are on?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

Wonda Lou you did it girlfriend. And the swap from Charles is so terrific. I love the blue fabrics.Quiltnut That was the view from 2 of my porches.It was almost unreal.That's why I posted the pictues to show.I really thought it was extra beautiful.I used to buy puzzles that looked like that.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
Ok I've been working on the quilt for my son and just before I sew on the final side of the 3rd border I start thinking about how wavy the borders are becoming and what needs to be done to fix it. Search the web and realize this isnt good and that I have to take all the borders off. So don't do anything for a week. Last night started taking all the borders off and finished this afternoon. I realized that I missed a step in the pattern instructions about stay stitching around the quilt top before putting the borders on. So I will do that and then put the borders back on. I'm hoping that by missing that step that is what was causing the wavy borders. I didn't prewash any of the fabric and I need to press the border strips again. I'm worried about using starch again as it might shrink. I pressed and starched before cutting in the beginning. Should I risk it or just press as best as I can for now and then press and starch everything after the borders are on?
Oh poor Robyn!! I hate to have to rip out anything. 3 sides of a quilt is alot.I can't help you but I bet someone on here can. Mary
Old 11-11-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Oh poor Robyn!! I hate to have to rip out anything. 3 sides of a quilt is alot.I can't help you but I bet someone on here can. Mary
Worse than 3 sides. 2 complete borders and 3 sides of the 3rd border all had to come off.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:20 PM

I just checked the delivery confirmation number and my SP should have her package delivered tomorrow! That is great as it will be there when she picks up her mail on Tuesday.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
would that be a Northernly West direction??
Sorry, It is not coming to the state of Wyoming
Old 11-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

Oh No. Robyn that's terrible.