Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-19-2011, 10:51 PM

RAK count me in PM to follow, what a great idea.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:41 PM

Yeah, they are doing great. In fact, the redness on her head is pretty much entirely all gone now.

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
OH... What a sweet and beautiful little baby girl. Glad she arrived and thanks for posting pictures Auntie JULI. Hope new mom and baby are doing well. Have fun making her just the right quilt.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:42 PM

Cute bag Lori!!

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289165[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289164[/ATTACH]I made a walker bag for Marty today, it has 6 pockets and the inside is one big pocket.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:52 PM

Thanks!! I think her Daddy has changed her name though. He just calls her sweetheart. LOL!! He has been on cloud nine since she has been born. When she was born, he was just staring at "the baby" he goes: I goes I forgot to look to see what it was. The nurse had to tell me it was a girl. He walked out into the waiting room in tears (because he wanted to come out and tell us what it was) and goes: Well, it's not a boy, its a girl, I've always wanted a little girl. Along he thought they were going to have a boy.

Call you tell this is a first child for them?

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Congrats Aunt Juli.

Great job on Marty's walker bag Lori.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:57 PM

I keep checking one of my Sp packages that I mailed on the 14th and they tried to delivered on the 16th and left a notice that they tried to deliver it. I keep check it and it still just says notice left that it can be picked up at the post office. After 15 days its going to be returned to me. What do I do if that happens, because I don't want it to look like I didn't send to my swap partner?
Old 11-20-2011, 01:37 AM

she is a sweetie. congrats to all! juli i know you have quilts and blankets planned. i make double sided baby blankets with snuggly flannel that are 45" squares. everyone i have made them for loves them and tell me they last and become nap blankets for their toddlers. i will post a pic of the ones i have made recently for some of my friends new grandbabies.

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
I wanted to show you all this picture. When my sisters and I were little we had these dolls we played with that were automatically correct and are the actual size of a newborn baby. My Mom and I wanted to get an idea just how big Brooklyn was so we took my doll to the hospital today and laid her next to this doll. My mom, sister and I can't believe how tiny she really is. She is so much smaller then the doll. Look at this picture!

Last edited by Havplenty; 11-20-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:45 AM

my post office has never returned any packages i received that i know of. i know it can take a day or two for packages (or notices) to get it to my p.o. box after they come in to the post office. i know i do not go to my p.o. box everyday to pick up my mail and others with p.o. boxes may not go every day also. i would say just relax and give your sp some time to pick up their mail.

btw... is it me????

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
I keep checking one of my Sp packages that I mailed on the 14th and they tried to delivered on the 16th and left a notice that they tried to deliver it. I keep check it and it still just says notice left that it can be picked up at the post office. After 15 days its going to be returned to me. What do I do if that happens, because I don't want it to look like I didn't send to my swap partner?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:09 AM

LOri great job on the walker bag. I would like to be added to the RAK list as used to do that when I was making cards and it was a nice thing to do. Our house is open and you can all stay warm by the fire around the pellet stove.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:17 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289410[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Robyn, so how was the jam?
Moedeenie, anything good in YOUR mailbox today?
Yes I did, I received the most wonderful package in the mail yesterday afternoon but have not been able to access the board until this morning. I LOVE everything Krystyna!!! The embroidered plaque is hanging in my sewing room, the angel will adorn my Christmas tree this year and the pincushion is next to my Ott light in the living room where I do my hand sewing. Krystyna also included a beautiful 2 year calendar/address book and pedicure set to keep my toes in order and save my winter socks...!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You Krystyna!!! Pictures should follow...
Attached Thumbnails pkg-krystyna.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 06:20 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289411[/ATTACH] Close up of handmade items from Krystyna
Originally Posted by Moedeenie View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289410[/ATTACH]

Yes I did, I received the most wonderful package in the mail yesterday afternoon but have not been able to access the board until this morning. I LOVE everything Krystyna!!! The embroidered plaque is hanging in my sewing room, the angel will adorn my Christmas tree this year and the pincushion is next to my Ott light in the living room where I do my hand sewing. Krystyna also included a beautiful 2 year calendar/address book and pedicure set to keep my toes in order and save my winter socks...!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You Krystyna!!! Pictures should follow...
Attached Thumbnails pkg-handmade-items-krystyna.jpg