Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-20-2011, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
I wanted to show you all this picture. When my sisters and I were little we had these dolls we played with that were automatically correct and are the actual size of a newborn baby. My Mom and I wanted to get an idea just how big Brooklyn was so we took my doll to the hospital today and laid her next to this doll. My mom, sister and I can't believe how tiny she really is. She is so much smaller then the doll. Look at this picture!
That is just adorable. I have a friend when her first granddaughter was born they bought her a special baby doll much like this and every month for her first year they took a picture of the two of them, her granddaughter with her special baby doll. Then every year until she was 18 they took at least one picture with her special baby doll.

It was incredible story to watch her granddaughter's growth during her first year and a pictorial journal all through her life! Talking to my friend her granddaughter who is now in her mid 20's has started the tradition with her daughter, taking pictures with her first baby doll and then in addition, one with her daughter's very own baby doll. How cool is that?

Congratulations on your precious gift from God to your family. My question however is... How will you get any quilting done now that you'll want to be holding her all the time? :0)

Last edited by onaemtnest; 11-20-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
I am a day late in posting, but I received my box yesterday from tedytrsr. I already sent a thank you to her, she sent me a wonderful package! She sent me a beautiful fall panel, a pastel jelly roll, a yard of Christmas fabric, and five great FQs. She also included a set of salt & pepper shakers (I collect them), a cute PINK sewing kit, a fall towel, coffee magnets, a novel. I hope the pictures come out. Thank you again SP I love everything!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]288947[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]288948[/ATTACH]
Glad that you enjoyed. I really had fun putting it together.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:39 AM

Hi Louise, I too would love to join the RAK group. If you would, send me a PM and I will forward the information you would like to have to add me to the list.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I want to show you all the wonderful swap that Sarah (sik1010) sent me.It will take a few pictures. as she went overboard and spoiled me rotten.Everything is beautiful. The trivet she made is gonna be hung on the wall so it doesn't get ruined.She sent enough matching fabric to make 6 place mats. I better get started on posting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]289006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289009[/ATTACH]
VERY nice!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:57 AM

After being in labor the entire day (her labor began around 4:00 am..........her water broke the bed her husband was sleeping on), my sister had her baby at 11:06 pm Friday night. They had to vaccum the baby out to kind of help it out. So it kind of has a big red bump on its head and the Doctor won't give it anything for pain, so its head is going to hurt for a few days while it goes.

But my Sister gave birth to a 5 pound 6 ounce baby girl. Her name is Brooklyn Suzanne. She is 19 inches long, with lots of hair. My sister and the baby are both doing great, besides the slight discomfort the baby is having from the vaccum.
CONGRATS to your sister and to you for your new niece!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
Ohh, ohh, a Janet Ivanovich I haven't read, just forward that on to me please when you get thru with it, I hope you love her as much as I do, I think her books are a hoot
Yeah that one is a good one is good funny funny parts.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289165[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289164[/ATTACH]I made a walker bag for Marty today, it has 6 pockets and the inside is one big pocket.
Very nice !!!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

I keep checking one of my Sp packages that I mailed on the 14th and they tried to delivered on the 16th and left a notice that they tried to deliver it. I keep check it and it still just says notice left that it can be picked up at the post office. After 15 days its going to be returned to me. What do I do if that happens, because I don't want it to look like I didn't send to my swap partner?
Juli,all returned swaps are suppose to be mailed to me. I'll PM my address.Your niece is sooo sweet. She sure is tiny.And much prettier than the doll.LOL. Mary
Old 11-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Swap Hosts

Glad you liked everything Maureen! You were a wonderful angel last month!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Hey everyone just wanted to say "Hi". DH and I ran to the dentist today and then eye doctor tomorrow before his insurance runs out. He's retired USAF so we have medical. But figured we'd better get that done while we could. Nice pkgs again today. Still haven't heard from my SP hope she's alright and maybe just out of town. I know her pkg was delivered. Haven't received my pkg yet but as others have said it's still early. Robyn glad you had a good day and the meds are giving you some relief. Congrats on new Gdaughter to be. Juli hope they are able to do something to help you. Nice to see you pop in Krystyna. Cute pin cushion Robyn.

Darlene,
Thank you so much for the nice gifts that you sent me for this swap. I have tried several times to send you a PM to thank you but it keeps telling me that your mailbox is full. I am going to attempt to attach a pic to show all the nice things that you sent my way. I really like everything: fabrics, patterns, buttons, seam ripper, file, and the wonderful Thanksgiving card with personal note inside. Thank you so much for everything!
DeeDee
Attached Thumbnails new-seats-naudeegal-398.jpg  

Last edited by NauDeeGal; 11-20-2011 at 08:39 AM. Reason: trying to add pic of goodies