Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by carrot View Post
I am in love !!!! I am not a big chocolate fan, but a patient was in England and brought back Cadbury's Biscuits and Cadbury's Roses for us. To die for !!!! Why does England Cadbury taste different than the Cadbury we get here? Or is it my imagination? One of my close quilting buddy's is heading to England next summer and I will be sending money with her to pick up some Cadbury's for me
Cabury Products in the USA are made under licence by Hershey and they do not use the same recipe. I love Cadbury's Caramel bar but it is marketed as Carmello by Hershey and it does not taste the same at all. Karen if you are ever my swap pal, I will have to send huge amounts of Cabury chocolates to you. Have you tried another of our brands, Terry's. Their chocolate oranges are wonderful.

Sue
Old 11-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

When tussymussy is your partner you get lots of great fun things.And lots of CHOCOLATE goodies. HI Sue. Missed you. How's the eye doing? Mary
Old 11-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Banned

I want to thank everyone who so far have sent me their
mailing addresses. They have been added to my database.

Also something else if/when you send me your addresses
if you would please also include the following so that I could
list that info.

favorite color(s)
LEAST favorite color
favorite flower(s)
LEAST favorite flower

Old 11-20-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
When tussymussy is your partner you get lots of great fun things.And lots of CHOCOLATE goodies. HI Sue. Missed you. How's the eye doing? Mary
Hi Mary, the eye is a lot better after the surgery. Just waiting for some more tests before I see the Dr again.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:56 AM

Thanks Sue !!! I have added Terry's chocolate orages to my list.
And good to hear your eye is doing better. I hope your recovery continues to what you are hoping for.
(((hugs)))

Originally Posted by Tussymussy View Post
Cabury Products in the USA are made under licence by Hershey and they do not use the same recipe. I love Cadbury's Caramel bar but it is marketed as Carmello by Hershey and it does not taste the same at all. Karen if you are ever my swap pal, I will have to send huge amounts of Cabury chocolates to you. Have you tried another of our brands, Terry's. Their chocolate oranges are wonderful.

Sue
Old 11-20-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]289411[/ATTACH] Close up of handmade items from Krystyna
Don't you just love Krystyna's hand made gifts? I know I do.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:06 PM

Hi Sue, glad to hear from you. I hope that your eye continues to heal.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:42 PM

I hope we have ALOT of packages delivered Monday as we still have 40 people who have not received their secret pal packages!
Old 11-20-2011, 03:15 PM

I went to Bradford exhange and found something similar last night and am going to give it to her for Christmas. Its 18" long, comes with a pacificer and hospital braclet so you can write a name on it, a baby outfit, and the skin on the doll feels real because its made from two different vinyl formulas and it has hair and eye lashes. It looks like a real baby. It was 99.99. but you can pay for it in 4 installments, so on Christmas I planned on taking her picture next to it because she is just on inch longer then this doll right now.

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
That is just adorable. I have a friend when her first granddaughter was born they bought her a special baby doll much like this and every month for her first year they took a picture of the two of them, her granddaughter with her special baby doll. Then every year until she was 18 they took at least one picture with her special baby doll.

It was incredible story to watch her granddaughter's growth during her first year and a pictorial journal all through her life! Talking to my friend her granddaughter who is now in her mid 20's has started the tradition with her daughter, taking pictures with her first baby doll and then in addition, one with her daughter's very own baby doll. How cool is that?

Congratulations on your precious gift from God to your family. My question however is... How will you get any quilting done now that you'll want to be holding her all the time? :0)

Last edited by Juli; 11-20-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:19 PM

The post office has tried to deliver my package to one my SP, and just left a notice at her house, where she is going to have to now pick it up at the post office. They said after 15 days if its not picked up its going to be returned to me.

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I hope we have ALOT of packages delivered Monday as we still have 40 people who have not received their secret pal packages!