Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35 >

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

Old 11-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Elfkins what are you hiding in your apt. from???? Did you find out I talked to Santa about you. Mary
Old 11-23-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Elfkins what are you hiding in your apt. from???? Did you find out I talked to Santa about you. Mary
LOL. Not worried about you talking to Santa. I talk to him all the time. My brothers nickname is Santa. He's short and round and when his beard has snow on it....well he DOES get called Santa. We have a ritual of going shopping together close to Christmas and he has a hole in his pants pocket (guess who gets to sew it up later). Then he puts change in his pocket and walks up and down the isles of Walmart dropping coins on the ground when he sees kids there. if they pick it up and try to return it to him, he gives them a "finders fee" which is usually more than what they return. If they don't try to return it but just pocket it, that's ok also.

What can I say, it's my favorite time of the year. :)

(and I'm hiding from my family so I can get some mental refresh time in as well as quilting time).
Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 PM

What a special thing your Brother does! I will always remember the year a little boy about 8 came up to me in the Dollar tree and asked for a quarter to get his mom a little chicken. I gave him a dollar, later heard his older brother having a fit, he was buying his mom a real chick from the farm store next door! Such a sweetie!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
What a special thing your Brother does! I will always remember the year a little boy about 8 came up to me in the Dollar tree and asked for a quarter to get his mom a little chicken. I gave him a dollar, later heard his older brother having a fit, he was buying his mom a real chick from the farm store next door! Such a sweetie!
I LOVE that story. I'll have to tell mom that one. I grew up on a farm....a turkey farm (explains a lot--just ask those who know me). My sister had a small duck which she raised but when it got older and she got older it started to want to go to school with her. It disappeared one day after it started to tug on her outfits. Did I mention that mom's favorite dish is duck? She sure knows how to cook it. LOL
Old 11-23-2010, 06:04 PM

Thank you!
Alisapao_ I think the avatar is very cute. Happy Thanksgiving everybody !!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
Thank you!
Alisapao_ I think the avatar is very cute. Happy Thanksgiving everybody !!!!!!!!!
Either your avatar has had too much caffeine or is working off that Thanksgiving dinner. LOL.

My avatar is skipping Thanksgiving and going on to Christmas.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

Elfkins that's a sweet story. In 2004-2006 I had a small dollar store. the first christmas a little boy about 10 yrs old asked if I had any chores he could do to get his mom a christmas gift. Christmas was also her birthday. So I gave him several jobs. dump trash straighten up shelves etc. Then I told him to pick out 10 items for his Mom. and we put it in a pretty gift bag with tissue and bows and a card.Even a ballon bouquet. He loved the package. His mother came and thanked me. It really wasn't much but made her day,and his.It's what makes a real christmas. Not the high dollar stuff. Mary
Old 11-23-2010, 06:17 PM

Elfkins that's a sweet story. In 2004-2006 I had a small dollar store. the first christmas a little boy about 10 yrs old asked if I had any chores he could do to get his mom a christmas gift. Christmas was also her birthday. So I gave him several jobs. dump trash straighten up shelves etc. Then I told him to pick out 10 items for his Mom. and we put it in a pretty gift bag with tissue and bows and a card.Even a ballon bouquet. He loved the package. His mother came and thanked me. It really wasn't much but made her day,and his.It's what makes a real christmas. Not the high dollar stuff. Mary
Well Said. That is why I try to make my presents for the office and family. Santa (his real name is Tony) gets spaghetti. Mom used to get certificates for little things around the house...coupon for doing her laundry, take her out shopping, etc. Even if I made a wall hanging or throw, I always tried to "recycle" some other thing to help with the cost. One of these days I'll try and collect some of mom's handkerchiefs and see if they are good enough to use in a quilt. If not, I know her "style" and can go buy originals.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

Yea , I love home made from the heart. I think most people really do.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:56 AM

Rita's Mom sent me the most delicious smelling package. I received fabric, calendar, thread, kit, smothered in scrumptious chocolates. Thank you Nancy!