Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2018 to December 2018 Table Runner Swap

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    We sure sound sure of our selves...lol. Sounds like the blind leading the blind. This ought to be a interesting swap.
    Sounds very similar to the blind fold one. Can I be the leader when you rotary cut? Bahaha
    Anna Quilts

)))))))Hugs and prayers jaba((((((((
    Anna Quilts

Oh goodness, Jaba....you've been thru so much recently. I declare November your month for recovery and healing... Get some rest...
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

My head is swimming with ideas....those who know me know...this could be dangerous...lol... You never know what you may end up with.
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

yes, i want to play as well.

Blog Entries
    I hope I am not too late for this. I'd like to have a go at this
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Your never to late. You have until just before the names come out to make a runner and let Caroline know your ready to send. This is a quiet thread but still fun. Post anytime. We love to hear from each other.
    Mary

I love seeing the chat this time! Lol Jaba I would send you a hug emoticon if I could find the darn things!
    Still no idea what I am going to make for the runner! Currently away from home again to be with my Mom who is now palliative. Loving the time I’m able to spend with her, but missing my sewing machine too. Keep throwing out more ideas - then I can go “eenie - meenie - minie - mo” lol. Have no idea if that is even spelled right!

sending hugs and best wishes Jaba that they find whats wrong and fix it and hugs for you too northern sue as you spend time with your mum.
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

Blog Entries
    I am going to have a go doing a runner with the wave ruler. I have no pattern so we'll see how it will turn out

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I hope they get it figured out too! They tell you the cancer is gone, but the side effects of everything seems to go on and on. Just tired of feeling so lousy, it has to get better soon I hope. I’ve never made a bargello runner before so that could be what I try.

I'll join again! I have been wanting to try fusible/machine applique and a runner is just the right thing to start with.

Blog Entries
    at least I finally got one started. multicolored, fall, Thanksgiving & of course Christmas. I hope whoever gets this will like it. kind of rusty, so not perfection
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Caroline, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter View Post
    at least I finally got one started. multicolored, fall, Thanksgiving & of course Christmas. I hope whoever gets this will like it. kind of rusty, so not perfection
    I'm sure is lovely and we will love it.

I'm still undecided on what to make. I have to keep clearing and cleaning sewing room when buyers come so I haven't been very productive. Another one coming to view today. Fingers crossed..

I may try to get one done to send out. I haven’t done this before.

Welcome Darcy, I think you will enjoy this swap. You get plenty of time to make your runner and you get a beautiful runner in return. I think this is the first time I haven't gotten started right away. I really need to get started too.
    Mary

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Just shaking my head here, remind me never ever to pic fabric and sew when you feel lousy. The bargello is in the bin of scraps, what a mess, don't have a clue where my mind was.. outer space for sure. Found something else that I have not made so will see if this is any better.

I printed out some thing to applique onto a runner. I have done applique before but I do not think on a table runner. I haven't started yet so we will see if this will be the one. I am torn between leaf applique and christmas tree applique.
    Anna Quilts

Welcome, Darcy!! This is a first time swap for me, too....

Jaba....so sorry you still don't feel well.....listen to your body and rest. Plenty of time to get a runner done.

Anna...love applique and I'm doing some on my runner, too, though that's not the "new to me" thing. I decided to try my hand at crazy quilt blocks. I have a brand new collection of varigated threads and tons of decorative stitches I've never done... Adding some applique because, really, I can't seem to make anything without appliquing something. Lol.. The crazy blocks are done and just designing the runner now... Those blocks are a blast to make.

Are we sharing pictures of "in progress and completed" runners? I wasn't sure...

No we show sneak peeks. Not a full picture of it done.
    Mary

I have my fabric ready for my challenge table runner. Here's a picName:  image.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  697.6 KB
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

Marion I like the bright colors.
    Mary

I think I would like to join in this swap. Now that I am in Ohio, I know the snow will be coming soon. I haven't had to deal with snow and ice for many, many years. I'm sure this quilter will be spending a lot more time inside.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast