Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Fat Quarter Swap :  Christmas/blenders and a side swap too! >

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

Old 09-22-2014, 06:02 PM

oh what fun , I'm in too.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:10 AM

I'm going to have to pass on this month......Too much craziness going on, still medding horse though he is improving... With canning.. And going back to work one day a week, and we just started shingling the house and garage not to mention the boys games two times a week and etc..... Will miss you all! JAGSD
Old 09-26-2014, 12:10 AM

We'll miss you too, JAGSD. But totally understand every now and again life gets busy, and family comes 1st.
Take it from me, even though it can get crazy with sons in sports, etc..I never realized how fast time would pass.
My awesome Nanny (grandma) used to tell me, "Kan, enjoy that boy, as time flies!".
Well at that time, I listened to her, but I didn't really listen..as it seems like yesterday my son was in middle school, then high school, and we were at basketball, baseball, track... And now he's 29, and I have 2 grandbabies.
I often stop and reminisce, where did the time go??!!...
Kif
Old 09-26-2014, 09:38 AM

Oh heck me too Kiff. I thought I had FOREVER. I was once at the park with the two little boys of mine and said to the woman on the bench next to me "God I wish they would grow up faster" and she said.. "your wishing your life away. enjoy it now because it flies so quickly" . I was quietly stunned. and for me that is a big thing the quiet part. I just didn't get it. boy do I get it now. I am so lucky for the time I had with the kids. I am lucky for the time I get now with them even if it kills me. Next month two of them come out to visit me at the same time. gulp. three guests in my tiny home is going to be interesting. one is bringing a boyfriend with her. oh lucky me! I have it planned however tons of things to can in my freezer waiting her arrival. a boyfriend to help? all the better. can what you want take it with you when you go and I am one happy person. ok send it on home so its there when you get there. apparently they frown on things like glass and fluids on planes now. lol. she is a baker so she wants compote (whatever that is) to use on her cakes. go for it! stay out of my hair! egad I sound older than dirt. not really but dialysis take some of the spirit out of me at times.

OK now to fun things! sign on up hurry up! your got time but oh so not much! think of the beautiful things you could make for Christmas. sometimes we buy things we love at the time but maybe not so much later? here is your chance to trade them with another player who might just think they are new and wonderful so give it a chance! If you send this in a 5 x7 envelope and have 5 fat quarters it tends to run about 3.50 or so (ok your sending CA to NY its going towards the oh so range). some are less. some a tiny bit more but that's not much for the fun you have and the joy that your partner receives so SIGN ON UP!
Old 09-27-2014, 05:23 AM

Agree,
And it's so much fun to get that lil pkg in the mail, tear it open (or nicely open it, remove mailing label, re-use envelope..save a lil money, and the environment..). Ooh and aaah over the fqs...

K
Old 09-29-2014, 10:56 AM

TWO days left to sign up! think its sounds so EARLY to swap these but honestly you might not even receive them til almost Nov. which is very little time to put them to good use. So Christmas is a bit early yes its true but if you don't like Christmas this early its FINE! do a side swap of any type fabric of your chosing and sign up for this with me! I will post the regular swappers and the side swappers as soon as all have registered.

I am thinking mug rugs with this months swap. easy fast and a cute gift you could make with holiday fabric with a couple tea bags and a cute mug... just saying so many possibilities. think: table runners, wall hangings, Christmas stockings, pot holders, wall hangings, wine bags.. so many things to make and gift...
Old 09-30-2014, 04:20 AM

LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP!!! this is the last day before sign ups close! We are trading Christmas prints, reds, whites and green blenders and a free swap sign up for any fabric you have. This is a great swap and I hope you sign up today!
Old 09-30-2014, 07:24 AM

Come one...come all...come on...it's Fall... (the season I mean)
The swap...this month...might involve...some green...
Or red...white...silver...or blue...a Santa...a snowflake...a Christmas tree...or two...
Okay, I'm so NOT a poet, and yep, I know it!
Just a gal..who loves..this fq swap...
So sign up...and just maybe...my bad rhyming...Will stop...
Temporarily. Lol
Kif
Old 10-01-2014, 05:49 AM

I have adult and novelty fabric and would love to swap either of those with someone, if I'm not too late.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:58 AM

Send in your info Peg, we don't have names yet..