October Mini Quilt Swap

Old 10-19-2014, 04:24 PM

Never mind I do have it!!!
Old 10-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

MzMelly those minis are so so cute. I want want want to do some paper piecing. I have a part I am working on, but not for this month's swap. Just one I am trying to do. A simple one to learn how. I see why Elisabrat is so happy happy. lol.. I like the orange ric rac you used and that gray back ground in the center is a great choice. Cute kitty, pumpkin, and all the little bats. I love the orange moon which also reminds me of a harvest moon. I like what looks like little orange dots in the black framing. My eyes are not good.

I see some little lit up pumpkins again. They are so so cute.

Jan what a nice, cute mini for dabbler. A cutie witch. I like the binding colors. Great card, and great red fabrics. I have always liked red. The purple pointers going down and out from the witch give me the illusion of it flying through the air. Perfect back ground fabric for your with.
Jan did you paper piece the witch?

Everyone has made great minis.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:05 PM

MizMelly, your kitty and those precious eyes is fantastic, great job! Susan the witch was paper pieced and got the pattern free somewhere on the web. This one wasn't difficult and was fun to do.

Jan
Old 10-19-2014, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the link ... went to Joann's this afternoon and the fabric was on sale and I had a coupon from Hancock's for 15% off total purchase. What a wonderful afternoon!
Old 10-19-2014, 05:40 PM

Thanks for all the compliments!! I debated and debated about that gray background. It was leftover stash from a quilt backing for a tshirt quilt. I wanted something that said dusk, but didn't make the black kitty fade into the background. The orange rick rack was a last minute decision, I just happened to see a quilt class advertised on Annie's and they showed a quilt that used rick rack as an embellishment. The orange dots on the border I think are supposed to be stars, and if you look close, there are bats flying around those dots. And I had just purchased a large bag of Halloween buttons, so I stitched some bat buttons to fly around that moon.
I liked it so much, I am going to make one for me!!!

By the way, that paper pieced pattern is available for free on Craftsy!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:43 PM

I am having difficulty with my camera but wanted to give a teaser .... inspiration for my mini quilt:

by Susan Brubaker Knapp's blog Blue Moon River
Old 10-20-2014, 12:01 AM
Power Poster

MaryMo I love your inspiration. It's really something! I actually think it's neat watching how spiders weave their webs. I'm strange, I know.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:24 AM

MaryMo, if that is your inspiration, I can't wait to see what yours looks like!
Old 10-20-2014, 06:20 AM

Love that grouchy old witch, she makes me smile! Have to admit I don't like cats, very allergic to them, but that one is really cute. I know brat loves it for sure! I am in envy of all of you that paperpiece, I've tried and tried, just can't get my head thinking backwards. I always have a big mess and it ends up in the trash.
I'll be watching the mailbox, excited for it to come.
I did make myself a Halloween one, just because I had this little piece of fabric...and there is a kitty
Attached Thumbnails dscf2355.jpg  
Old 10-20-2014, 06:43 AM

Well Jaba you know you are not super font of cats so as soon as your partners wall hanging arrives quickly send it over to me I will care for your cat completely. I am good at that!

Mine goes out in the mail today. nervous about it making my partner happy but know that I tried. I got scared to death once I learned who was my partner. I mean who wouldn't want MizMellys quilts however gulp that meant I had to make her one too! she does an amazing job. I hope she likes what I sent is all I can say. she is good at saying so here so one will never know! argh! there are such cute wall hangings shown here. I can say hats off to every single one of you. I think there is so much hard work, and love that goes into these. There is nothing like giving a quilter a quilted gift. They understand the best how much time you gifted to them. What a lucky bunch of ladies we are. I love swapping with other quilters!