October Mini Quilt Swap

Old 10-20-2014, 06:55 AM

Ok, I admit it. You should see the mess I make when I do paper piecing! I need to keep a garbage can next to the machine because of the large amount of little tiny scraps that I produce! And I make lots of mistakes too. This is why I like to keep a nice sharp seam ripper at hand. I've been challenging myself to do more complex paper pieced blocks. I purchase from Indie designers (bless them!), and some do not code their blocks for fabric colors, so you have to wing it by constantly referring to the color photo. My squirrel from last month is an example. The photo I took wasn't that good because it did not show the colors correctly. But I know what I messed up on. Hopefully no one else could tell! (and I won't either!).
But thank you for the ego boost, Linda!! This is why I love these swaps (not for stroking my ego, although that helps!). It's actually pushed me out of my comfort zone to take on challenges that I never would have considered in the past.
That being said, are we going to do a November mini swap, Teresa?? (I already have a pattern and just bought fabric for one!!).
Old 10-20-2014, 12:50 PM

My little quilt did not come today,maybe tomorrow
Old 10-20-2014, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt View Post
My little quilt did not come today,maybe tomorrow
Bummer. Here is the tracking 9400111899561776391368. Says it's in TN. So probably tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:11 PM

Everyone's mini quilts look sew cute! What a talented bunch of ladies.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:19 PM

Jaba, that mini quilt you made for yourself, is that the technique you used on your swap mini? I have to learn how to do that, I just love the effect it has on the border of that quilt!

(the other Jan)
Old 10-20-2014, 01:58 PM

quote from MizMelly
"My squirrel from last month is an example. The photo I took wasn't that good because it did not show the colors correctly. But I know what I messed up on. Hopefully no one else could tell! (and I won't either!)."

I love the squirrel! You did a great job.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Shak View Post
Kif, you're in luck, I swear I saw it at Jo Ann's the other day. Here it is http://www.joann.com/search?q=halloween
Thank you!! I certainly don't NEED any more Halloween fabric, or any fabric.. But I WANT it...
So...
Kif
Old 10-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

Jaba your mini from me went out today. It says it should arrive Thursday. Usually they arrive in two days, but you are clear across the country. lol..... I hope you like it. Like Brat says, I tried my best. I actually tried really hard up all night working on a better binding. It is better, is all I can say. My husband had to listen to me all month asking, "should I add this, or would this look better on or off?" He took it to the post office for me today.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:50 PM

All of my kids are sick so I wasn't able to get to the PO today. I should be able to tomorrow before I go to work.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Jaba, that mini quilt you made for yourself, is that the technique you used on your swap mini? I have to learn how to do that, I just love the effect it has on the border of that quilt!

(the other Jan)
Yes, Jan it is. I made this one first and JuneBillie sort of wanted fall instead of novelty so I made another one. Was truly experimenting but I like it for some reason. I stuffed her upper body with batting and quilted around it so it's kind of 3 D. Truly a learning "curve" on my part.
Saw the technique over a year ago and the quilt shop had a purse and a vest done with this, it was beautiful! Have to practice way more to do that. (the other Jan)
JuneBillie I'll be watching the post office, maybe Friday....will let you know for sure!!