Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October to November Table Runner Swap >

October to November Table Runner Swap

October to November Table Runner Swap

Old 12-17-2016, 02:10 PM

Count me in too. I like the idea of a spring one too. So far I've only done ss and this one. I like international as I get to know more people but I like doing local as well....less postage ,so more in the parcel.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Ube, I do not volunteer for International every time. But I do put my name out there a few times a year. I am also a regular for the SP swap every month and will try to do International at least twice a year for that one. I will do International for the Ornament Swap and will do at least once a year for the TR.

So I have another question about International. If you are in the UK is it considered International to send to Australia? How about Scotland or Ireland?

Hi Ube,

Okay here in the rundown of postage from the UK...

Inland Mail (Cheapest)
Scotland is classed in inland unless it is one of the outer islands.... so domestic rates apply.
Northern Ireland is considered part of the UK so again domestic rates apply.

Europe
Southern Ireland (Eire) even if it is only one step over the border from Northern Ireland, is considered Europe which is a different region and more expensive. This region also includes the rest of the European Union.

World Zone 1
This covers USA and Canada, Africa, South America. To mail to these places is more expensive than Europe.

World Zone 2
Australia and New Zealand - slightly more expensive than Zone 1.

So to give an example... a small parcel between 750g and 1Kg would cost (size is a consideration also)
Domestic £3.35
Europe £8.35
Zone 1 £13.05
Zone 2 £14.00

At present that is not too bad from a US point of view as the pound is so weak against the dollar, but if taking an average exchange rate , mailing the above to the US would cost about $22. But the package can only be certain dimensions. If it goes over said dimensions even by a few millimetres higher rates apply.

Hope this helps.

Caroline
Old 12-17-2016, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Girls all of your table runners are so pretty.

Anoka, I have some of that fabric of the snowmen, and it's so cute with sparkles.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:18 AM

Caroline do we have to pm you if we're in for spring?
Old 12-18-2016, 10:19 AM

Hi everyone! Beautiful runner from Anoka! I don't mind shipping international, but at times, I will choose to send via regular post due to the cost! That is a great idea about the flat rate envelopes - I did this for one swap, but forgot las time! lol
A spring swap sounds great, although I have to say that a January to March swap will see me still in the dead of winter in Northern Ontario! We are heading off on Weds for the coming holidays - time for hugs from the grandkids! So I'm trying to finish off some projects before we leave - finished off a FPP queen size quilt this time so its gone to the LAQ, & today I hope to finish off a quilt as you go quilt that I started in the summer. Somewhere in there I have to do the Christmas cards & wrap gifts; but I keep going back to the sewing machine! (sigh)
Hoping everyone enjoys the coming winter/summer months wherever you are! Stay warm or cool as needed! (Our wind chill this am was minus 40 Celsius!!!) lol
Old 12-18-2016, 03:32 PM

Lovely table runners coming in. I'm anxiously waiting mine, and given the length of time, figuring I'm getting a foreign friend in my house.
I would be very interested in a Spring swap, especially since I have tons of Texas floral fabric. I'm in a wall hanging swap around that time and so it would be easy to add a table runner to that.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:39 PM

Hi Guys,

It's nice to know who intends to take part, so a PM is nice, but as always, only the ready to send PM commits you to the swap. This means that should life get in the way for some reason you are not committed u till you have actually made the runner and are ready to mail.

Hugs to you all.

Caroline
Old 12-19-2016, 07:30 AM

Location: Lakehills, TX during the winter, Bayfield, CO during the summer

A spring runner would be fun!! I'm in!

Lovely runners everyone!!
Old 12-19-2016, 07:34 AM

By Golly Northern Sue THAT IS COLD. where I am we are expecting plus 40 celsius tomorrow...stinking HOT.

Originally Posted by Northern Sue View Post
Hi everyone! Beautiful runner from Anoka! I don't mind shipping international, but at times, I will choose to send via regular post due to the cost! That is a great idea about the flat rate envelopes - I did this for one swap, but forgot las time! lol
A spring swap sounds great, although I have to say that a January to March swap will see me still in the dead of winter in Northern Ontario! We are heading off on Weds for the coming holidays - time for hugs from the grandkids! So I'm trying to finish off some projects before we leave - finished off a FPP queen size quilt this time so its gone to the LAQ, & today I hope to finish off a quilt as you go quilt that I started in the summer. Somewhere in there I have to do the Christmas cards & wrap gifts; but I keep going back to the sewing machine! (sigh)
Hoping everyone enjoys the coming winter/summer months wherever you are! Stay warm or cool as needed! (Our wind chill this am was minus 40 Celsius!!!) lol
Old 12-19-2016, 07:39 AM

It's on its way ...... My runner must be held up here,Customs?
Arrived at facility in destination country Time & date09:06am Wed 14 Dec