Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30 >

OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30

OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30

Old 10-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Pat, the tress are beautiful.
Not toomany are here are changing, but tonight they will.
Going down to 38, Zoey is coming under the blankets for sure tonight.
Mary, the owner of the co grew up poor, you think he'd remember where he came from.
Oh well, that's how his Bently runs!
enjoy the nice leaf color changes everyone.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nhnative View Post
Yesterday I didn't have my car as it was in the garage. I picked it up this morning and rode 48 miles and the check engine light came on again. Not happy. When I got back home I called them back and since I have to babysit and let the dogs out all next week who knows when I can bring it back. Then yesterday I couldn't get on Facebook. No Facebook what am I going to do. I couldn't get on it again today so I called up my computer fix it shop and he fixed it and some other things for a price of $99. And he did it over the phone in about 45 minutes. Now I'm just worrying about Ebola in my backyard. Well next town to me.
Pat for what it's worth I wanted to comment on your check engine light. Now I probably missed if you found out there actually is a problem, but I can tell you this. Every car we have had bought brand new or otherwise sooner or later, and usually sooner has the check engine light come on. We have been told that a bump in the road sometimes can even cause that darn thing to come on by jiggling the wire etc. Of course as long as other things check out ok, such as fluid wherever there needs to be some, and other things. But I use to get so upset when that check engine light would come on. We had a new car taken back in too, and they would say it's fixed just to have it happen over and over. Dad said if everything else is ok, just don't worry about it. I did, because of being a woman who didn't know how to fix everything and out in the car alone at that time. Just thought I would mention that. Don't take just my word for it though. lol....
Old 10-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Mary nice package from Jan. I love that pretty needle work, and nice goodies too.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

I heard if the gas cap is loose or the little door isn't lathed it could go on too.
Stupid cars!
Old 10-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

Pat those pictures are beautiful. I love pics of the fall leaves. I should have taken some, but I didn't. Mary I am considering it. (the next swap) I find them necessary too, and I live on a fixed income. My husband is disabled too, but doesn't get a check, but he does get his medical part taken care of. We live on my social security disability, and a small pension where I taught for 15 years. Most don't retire until after 30 years. I feel very blessed though. I have good friends here. What is better than that?
Old 10-20-2014, 05:09 AM

Susan it seems to be an issue with the fuel as I have Onstar and when the light started coming on I called them and it's a fuel issue. Now it seems like whenever I stop to get gas the car won't start until at least 3 tries so there is something wrong. And now since I'm babysitting for the next 8-10 weeks I need my car everyday so who knows when I can bring it in. Other than that the car runs fine. Just another problem to deal with.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

Do you have someone who can check the in line fuel filter for you Pat? Love the pretty pictures. I've been admiring the local autumn colors. I need to take some pictures too. I hope ya all make it for the next swap.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:07 AM

Just checking in to say HI. Although I haven't posted the past couple days, I still read what's going on. Pat, I love the pictures that you posted. And, the pictures of the pc's received have been super.

I received my pc from Jami McLaughlin on Saturday. It is the cutest cupcake with a spider on top and also a little candy corn one. Thank you so much Jami. Good job! The last of the pc's and nc's should be received soon.

Mary, I love that wallet and will be watching my mailbox for one.

Like I said earlier, I am going away this weekend for a much needed break. We are going to spend a couple days at the beach. I will post sign-ups early on Friday morning before I leave. I will be back home Sunday evening and will catch up with everyone then.
Attached Thumbnails jami-me.jpg  
Old 10-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

cute little spider cupcake. love the candy corn. wish i had some real stuff now.
Off to make some blocks for a fellow boardmember.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Banned

This is my first post using my phone we will see how this goes.

My partner should be receiving her PC today.