October Postcard Swap

Old 10-19-2016, 11:36 PM

My apologies Judith, I should have PM'ed you. I mailed mine on the 4th, I was hoping my partner would have received it by now. Hopefully it should not be too far away. Postage from Aust to the USA should be 5 days plus the internal mail delivery time.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:10 AM

Guess what Betty J I received my postcard today. Thank you so much for sharing a part of you with me. I love everything and when I get a chance I will post pictures. Love love the lace. The postcard is gorgeous and would love to know how you made it.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Banned

I mailed mine last week, and it should have been received by now.

I did add lots of extra postage just in case.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
Guess what Betty J I received my postcard today. Thank you so much for sharing a part of you with me. I love everything and when I get a chance I will post pictures. Love love the lace. The postcard is gorgeous and would love to know how you made it.
If you are having a problem posting a picture, I am happy to post the ones I took. I am just so pleased that the Postcard turned up and that you are happy with it.

I machine embroidered the rose motif and the daisies, the photo was printed out on my printer onto special fabric designed to go through the printer. I started with a piece of dress taffeta, placed the old lace onto the taffeta using 1/4 inch steam a seam to hold it in place. I adhered the photo to cotton fabric using steam a seam, trimmed the cotton fabric to size and frayed the edges, placed more seam a seam on the back of the fabric, positioned the scalloped lace around the top and side of the fabric/photo, pressed to hold and then stitched the fancy stitched around the photo edge, placed and stitched the lace motive and daisies into place along with the name written with a pigma pen (special pen for writing on fabric) on the taffeta ribbon. I trimmed the project to the postcard size, steam a seamed both the front and back fabric onto stiffened felt and satin stitched the edge. Nothing to it really just deciding what to do and choosing the bits and pieces.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:11 AM

Oh my Betty, that sounds most intricate. I can't wait to see it.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Oh my Betty, that sounds most intricate. I can't wait to see it.
I hope my partner won't mind that I have posted a picture for you to see.

My Postcard word is "Memories", I am sure memories mean such a lot to all of us. I featured my postcard from a photo of my Gran, my Dad and his Brother when they were small boys. I believe this photo would have been taken about 1929. My Gran was born in 1900 and my Dad in 1926 and his brother in 1927. Both my Gran and Dad have passed on but my uncle is still with us at 89. My Gran was a dressmaker and I spent a lot of my growing up years in her company, sewing. We had a lovely relationship and she was always happy to take the time to show you how to do something. My Dad was also a wonderful man as is my Uncle and I have many, many fond memories of all three of them.
Attached Thumbnails memories-postcard.jpg   memories-sent.jpg  
Old 10-21-2016, 05:57 PM

Betty -- what a beautiful card & swap package!
Old 10-21-2016, 05:59 PM

I received my postcard from Miriam today! Thank you, Miriam -- & I will be at the polls when they open!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560721[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4001.jpg  
Old 10-22-2016, 10:00 PM

Thank you for posting a picture of my postcard and goodies. Sorry I just never got a chance.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:21 AM

Betty - lovely beyond words - thanks for writing out your process too. I have pigma pens now thanks to the card I received from you months ago, and now I will be looking for the photo/printer/copy fabric too. What a gorgeous keepsake.
Miriam - seasonal, inventive, wonderful! I too will not omit to vote.
AND!!!
Also seasonal, I received my PC from my partner 'plumtree' yesterday - but didn't open and post because I was ill with some type of flu bug. Leaving to attend a matinee of a play in a half hour (crossing my fingers I will make it through, tickets were pricey, bought long ago) - yet I did want to post this cute, bright, vibrant card. So far it is my sole fall decoration. Enjoy!
Beautiful
Outstanding
Object!