October Postcard Swap

Old 10-23-2016, 10:23 AM

shoot whoops here it is....thank you Plumtree!!!
Attached Thumbnails boo-fpc-10-23-16-11.03-am.jpg  
Old 10-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
I received my postcard from Miriam today! Thank you, Miriam -- & I will be at the polls when they open!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560721[/ATTACH]
My husband found an old sewing machine and brought it over for me to fix. It was made in 1912. It's a Singer 115. It was not turning so I messed with it for a while. The next day, I thought I would see what the machine could do. First off I was getting tingles from the faulty wiring so I put a hand crank on it. It was turning very hard even after a cleaning... so I did more cleaning until it turned freely. Then I made the post card. All done with straight stitches on my 1912 Singer 115 now a hand crank.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560853[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Last edited by miriam; 10-23-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:37 PM

Wow, I love all the new postcards! I hope to achieve being able to make things half as nice as you all!
Old 10-23-2016, 12:44 PM

Betty, what can I say, Gorgeous work!! I just love how you incorporated the photo. I just love vintage photos.

Miriam, I am smiling from ear to ear. I too have an old Singer that I just got fixed and re-wired. It's not quite as old as yours. It's a 1928 Singer 66. Not quite as fancy either. But, "Ruthie", (named after my Grandmother) has a really beautiful straight stitch. (She was my Grandma's old factory machine. When she did piece work for a clothing factory in Upstate NY. She was allowed to take it when the factory closed down. ) We are still just getting acquainted. Your post card gives much food for thought. I'm not wildly pleased with either candidate. But, soon, I'm going to have to make a choice one way or the other. Great sewing job!

K-Roll, what a fun card. I adore Halloween. I think your card is cheery and festive.

So far, Ladies, ALL great words. I am enjoying all of them.

Last edited by Judith1005; 10-23-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

Judith, you will be amazed at what an old Singer 66 is able to do. If it is a treadle, you can get a work out as you sew. I have never gotten all that proficient at treadling but I love to sew with a hand crank. I have one set up to do just only button holes. Does your 66 have reverse? the machine in my avitar is an old plain Singer 66 and the girl is my DGD Lovie who loves to help clean up old sewing machines with me. She cleaned up the tension and I helped her put it back together. After we cleaned that machine up it is much prettier but still plain. I'm thinking that pic is pretty old. The day we cleaned up that machine we also made flower fairies. I woke up the next morning and there were fairies living on all my sewing machines. She had little fairy scenes on the machines. When she lit up the lights, it was very cool. http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t243771.html

As far as voting, I'm trying to figure which one is impeachable? Which Vice President would I want to see as president if that should happen... Yes I'll vote but of all the millions of people you would think either party could find someone better than what they each came up with...
Old 10-23-2016, 03:59 PM

I agree Miriam,

With all the brilliant minds we have in the United States, those two horrible individuals are the best we can come up with. I truly am ashamed that we were not offered better choices. That's a great idea to take a better look at the candidates for Vice President. That might sway my mind. I just don't know, I'm so on the fence.

Fairy's!!! Of course Fairy's visit my sewing room. They can be quite mischievous at times. But, I still welcome their visits.

My Singer is not a treadle. It has a knee lift. I'm still trying to get used to it. No, it does not have reverse. It just goes forward. I don't view that as a problem. I am trying out a little quilting on her so far. I love the little bit of additional throat space. It's not as cramped as my everyday machine.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by K-Roll View Post
shoot whoops here it is....thank you Plumtree!!!
I forgot to mention, I love the cute little pennant in the different Halloween colors. So cute!!
Old 10-23-2016, 04:05 PM

I have everyone down as mailed with the exception of Ckcowl and Stashmaker. Are you ladies doing okay? If you have checked in with me, I do apologize. Please, refresh my memory.

Great job on posting photos ladies. I have to figure a different way to post my photos. Photobucket got hacked recently. And, I can't get on. Figures I paid the extra money for extra space and to go Ad FREE and I can't even get on. I am not a happy camper over this! If they don't get it up and running soon, I am going to send in a strongly worded email.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:25 PM

Here's the sign ups for November. http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post7683845

*Please make sure you re-read the rules before you sign up.*

I do still have a few International players. To mail just a postcard in a regular 4 x 6 envelope, It is less then 1.50 to mail. Our international players are top notch swappers. Please don't forget to let me know If you can swap International.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:49 PM

I got mine in yesterday's mail but like KRoll a cold kept me inside. Mine is so adorable..I just love it :-) This was great for my first swap and I cannot wait to join next months.
Attached Thumbnails img_0653.jpg