Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm off to mom's for dinner and ice cream cake and movies and hopefully presents!.. my mailperson seems to be late today... so I'm waiting around hoping they appear before I leave..
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    Onalee~ I started cracking up when I opened it...dh asked if people didn't get upset swapping with her since she wasn't "very good at sewing"hahahahaha....
    Hahahahaha! Please tell John that I'm still learning but people are very patient with me!!!!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    What fabulous packages! Brenda you hit the jackpot! And while I don't remember the ones that followed without scrolling back, they are fabulous. Nice swaps, ladies!
    Krystyna

everyone IS getting nice goodies and this little jean apron is just so stinkin' cute!!!!

Oldest DS asked if Kay would be remaining on the kitchen counter or did I want to put her in my sewing room...told him to hush or she would be in his bathroom ahahahahahahah
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    everyone IS getting nice goodies and this little jean apron is just so stinkin' cute!!!!

Oldest DS asked if Kay would be remaining on the kitchen counter or did I want to put her in my sewing room...told him to hush or she would be in his bathroom ahahahahahahah
    Yes, yes, yes! love that apron!

I think Kay should pop up in unexpected places ... under the covers in someone's bed ... hanging in a closet ... strapped into someone's car with a seat belt ... in the bread box ... perhaps tucked into a shirt on a hanger like she's wearing it. But keep her away from Miss Daisy!!!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    I know the feeling! That's why this month Lori included a question about whether you had a camera to post pix on the thread. And that's why I posted pix of what I sent my SP before she got it!
    Yah.

Anyways, I got MINE today from wanda lou! She sent me two pretty purple FQ's, buttons in purple and green, a magnetic pin holder (which I can seriously use!), some chocolate (Yep, we had a taste test already, very yummy!), The cutest little orange spool of thread and a black flower for the top. I love it, thank you!
    Name:  sp.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  78.3 KB
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    OMG I can believe it was me. I got my package today and it was from SharonAnne. Yes, I got the cowl that I so really really wanted. I didnt guess it by the clues she gave so maybe I should start reading those a little better from now. LOL So, anyway I love everything. Thanks so much Sharon. Where do I start, lets start with what seemed to get the biggest attention out of my kids besides the cowl. My littlest was sitting here with me when I opened the box and read the card. He got so excited when I read the part about tattoos and pencils for him and his brothers to share. Thats all it took to have two others come running. So thank you for thinking of them. They so enjoyed them. Next the bag that my son looked at and said, MOMMY animal crackers that look like people. At first glance it does indeed look like cookies except there are for Bishop and Scooter. They too send their thanks. Now on to the goodies for me. The cowl, some triangle rulers to help me in making dresdan plates, magazine, a book, marking pencil (good thing my white one was almost gone), a peanut log (yummy), a bag full of embroidery floss, a cow iron on, wildflower seeds, postcards, baby rick rack, tea, and 4 fat quarters. Sharon, you can sit in relief. Even though you thought you had left DH out, you did not. He will be all over those Reeses Pieces once he sees them. Thanks on DH's behalf and his tummy. Last but not least the bubble wrap in the box. Justus is having a ball with it. Now on to some pics.
    Name:  DSC02801.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  140.9 KB Name:  DSC02803.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  131.4 KB
    Here is the cowl that as you can see two of them just had to model for me. diry faces and all.
    Name:  DSC02804.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  125.5 KB Name:  DSC02807.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  146.4 KB Name:  DSC02809.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  117.0 KB Name:  DSC02811.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  146.4 KB
    Yes, I know there is a pic of the bubble wrap, but it was Justus that ordered me too. He insisted that if it comes in the box that I must take a pic of it. So I did.

Thanks again Sharon, cant wait till the next cold day so I can use that cowl and beleive me I will be making some wonder things with all the other goodies. This is too much fun.
    Last edited by mdall; 10-15-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Awesome package Michelle and love the cowl!!
    Brenda

I want to thank my secret pal, Donna up north, my husband says it was delivered a couple of days ago, but unfortunately I'm away from home, so I had him open it. I very much appreciate your very thoughtful gifts and will post pictures as soon as I get home.

My deepest sympathies to you, Donna, on the loss of your dear mother.

I saw my neighbor at the door with a package. I knew it was something for me before I even opened the door. Seems the postman delivered it to the wrong address. I was right---it was the most wonderful package from CherylW. Everything in it is amazing. I love everything. I received a great book to read, 6 Halloween fabrics, 5 blue and green fabrics, a coaster with a pumpkin and black cat on it which I plan on taking to work tomorrow. I need it on my desk. Also received the cutest, cutest Halloween pin cushion, a card with a pattern on it and a pad of paper with an owl on it. The card Cheryl sent was so beautiful too. I think I might frame it. Thank yo so so very much. LOVE LOVE it all!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    The USPS says my SP got her package yesterday, but no word. I'm hoping she has just been too busy to open it. I always worry that packages will sprout legs and walk off to someone else's house.
    Mischief Managed.

OOPS forgot to mention the bag of Laffy Taffy. Didn't make it in the picture. No I did not eat them all already. Just had to hide the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
    The USPS says my SP got her package yesterday, but no word. I'm hoping she has just been too busy to open it. I always worry that packages will sprout legs and walk off to someone else's house.

Yes, I can agree with you.....sending the SP package, excited to have your SP receive it and then checking the Delivery Confirmation that says it's been delivered but not hearing from your SP the day the package arrived.

Anastasia - hope you had a wonderful birthday and got LOTS of presents (which, of course, you more than deserve).

Brenda - So glad you got a few precious hours with your DD. Kay is kind of scary, sexy!!! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with her - good job Krystyna. You are always full of surprises!!

Mdall - I had so much fun putting together your package and am glad you like it. You have adorable boys - they look like a fun handful. I love popping bubble wrap, too - it was difficult to part with it, believe me, but I see it went to a good home.

Krystyna - Since you are the brains and brawn behind the doll quilt swap, did you look at the entries in the mini-quilt contest? Very impressive!!!

Looking forward to getting my swap package this month. All I got so far this October were bills and a pair of boots I ordered online - that are too very, very, very pinchy, by the way. I love them, but sadly, back they go.
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

I got 4 packages in the mail today.. yay.. One of them was my secret pal box which I had to doublecheck and make sure it wasn't actually my secret santa bedause it just said "secret pal" for the name and I didn't want to ruin the suspenseful surprise from the other swap by opening it early. So.. after I made sure, I dug in..

Teee heee sooo much purple for meeeeee!!!!

I got a wonderful box from Lets Quilt. (Whom I know a secret about, but it's a secret so.. I can't tell you, but 2 other people on the forum know it as well).

Lookie my goodies

Name:  SANY0103.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  81.8 KB
    Got 2 dishtowels, a witch and a ghost, I got a table runner kit, a purple FQ bundle, a purple charm square pack, a purple yo-yo pack that I'm going to turn some of them into hair clips. 2 spools of purple thread, some purple zippers, some raspberry lemonade crystal light.. mm.. a whole bag of reeses (second bag of the day!!) a super cute potholder that has a matching towel stuck in the pocket of it. a book by one of my favorite authors. and something she didn't know I've been wanting and wanting.. the little kit that has the seam ripper, the seam guide? and the little snips. Those snips are perfect for shadow trapunto which I want to do, and I have always wanted that seam guide but never indulged and bought it. yay me. And now I got another seam ripper to hide on myself cause.. well I don't know where my pretty purple one is hiding. Cat ate it I bet.

As you can see.. said kitten.. think everything is for her. She promptly stole my FQ that I also got from the FQ swap as well. I loves all ze purple! having a good Bday.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I got my package from sustraley today. wish my computer would down load the nice pic I took. SLOW
    see if I can remember all she put in the box.
    Halloween Sox (luv them) my fav candy red vines, fall decorations, hand needles (much needed) toys for Angel (furbe),quilt magazines, DVD of Alfred 20 films (nice to watch on a stormy night)A good book to read on winter days. And lots of other neat things.
    WOW! the box was bulging. Thank you so much Sue
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Happy Birthday Anastasia Got it in before midnight...

Nice packages arriving all around. Brenda I'm sure you will have lots of fun with Kay.
    Krystyna where do you get your ideas from? Not just creating but lots of fun ways to play with Kay too. Brenda I'm imagining you having her strapped in the car, and someone pulling up beside you at a red light and looking over. And you catching a glimpse at their face. Be sure to wave.

Mdall lucky you, looks like some little guys might be competing for the cowl.

Yay....my SP package arrived in this afternoon's mail from sewbeadit (Lynn). Look at what I received!!!
    She made me a homemade bag....isn't it just so lovely???!!! And she also included three fabric prints but the most beautiful one was the orange with the lovely purple flowers....just beautiful!!! And I just had to show what I thought was a thick marker pen but turned out to be a pair of snipping scissors!!! Thank you, sewbeadit!!!

Blog Entries
    mailed off package off to my secret pal today. couple hints: there is name of famous island and a fruit in your address and you kept this swap in the family!

Quote Originally Posted by CherylW View Post
    Mailed out my two packages yesterday. Both are going west of me - the first one only 514 miles door to door. The second one has a much longer trek - almost 2500 miles. One will see sand the other has the reputation of being a sparkling city. Who are you? Have a great day!
    oh Oh OH!!!! The one that went 2500 miles was me and arrived today.... What an AMAZING secret pal package for my first swap!!!

Halloween FQ's, batiks, FQs and 1/8th's
    A super cute Halloween pincushion that my son wants to steal as he is starting to sew
    Halloween tissues and other themed goodies from the primitive shop I wish I could go shop at!!!
    A Nora Roberts novel I've not read with a cute coaster to hold my beverage whilst I read
    A pattern to use with my newest jelly roll.
    Oooooooooh and my own personal bag of Dove Dark Chocolates.

Cheryl, thank you sooooooo much!! You can be my secret pal ANYTIME!! :-) :-) :-)

Blog Entries
    According to hubby, no big package but a few "Squishes" the Good news for him (bad for mail reporting) is he is leaving to go to a job site in the morning so nobody home to check the mail!

Sooooo if I get a package before I get home next week, well I will just apologize now! And I will report in Next Monday.

I am having a wonderful time with my Granddaughter this week, but she wears me out faster than all the training for the marathon!

And today was a run in the rain! a lot of rain! I was soaked to the skin, I have a great appreciation to all of the Washingtonians can't get anything done here if you have to wait for a sunny day! It was so beautiful, rain and all running on the great trails. I really think the colors of the trees are about as pretty as back East!

I love looking at all the wonderful packages, this is a fun exchange for sure.

Brenda glad you liked the stuff, Yes the Apron is from my Christmas line. You are always fun to put a package together for. So sorry to hear about your Dad, I know your memories will be helping you through the tough times.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Some really nice packages coming in.
    mine is going out today sorry for the delay sp i have been very sick with Pancriatis and in a lot of pain. But am feeling some better today so will ship off soon as po opens.
    Brenda ,you are in my prayers.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

I got a sp today I cant take a pic atm but been trying for hour or tow so iam not doing it now.But Oh my gosh.I got sooo much things three plastic canvas books a quilting book,a novel, a little bag of mixed chocolate WOOHOO,skeleton fabric ,some pretty sparkley pink fabric,casper the ghost fabric with a matching fabric to it,a chinesse dragon fabric and a whinni the pooh fabric.~takes a ragged breath~ Thats not it! A homade soap and bath rag thingy,some lotion,and wet wipes,....a pair of little sicissors with a cute beaded thing hanging of it,with a matching pin thin and a pin for my shirt ....~deeper breath~andddd stickers of mustaches ,and some scrapbooking things a pot holder for halloween and a lovley letter all from GRAMMY J.......thank you sooo much between you and a friend and the board you have made my day one of the best. thank you Grammy J.Back to rest but had to get this out of my system lol. ty ty ty God bless and TY!

Blog Entries

Thank you ReeSkylr - oct pkg

SPOOKTACULAR GREETINGS FELLOW BOARD MEMBERS - Thank you Pam - aka ReeSkylr for the wonderful package. I love the halloween vest panel and the scarecrow wall/door hanging - they will fit nicely with what we have going on for halloween; we will scatter the candles about (a couple of them glow in the dark). I recently purchased a jar of buttons - the button box is perfect for sorting. Thank you also for the JoAnn Fabric patterns - the cat bag looks like fun; the papers for paper piecing and the awesome batik fabrics. Winter will be here before long and I can't wait to hunker in and read one of the books. My favorite is the handmade little bag - it is the perfect size to keep my rotary cutter in. This is an awesome swap package - I received it over a week ago and have just been too busy to post photo before now. Thank you Pam for such a fun package.

Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
    I am so glad that you like it... I will see if I can convicne dh to take a day and come and see you at Christmas time!
    Please do if you can..it would be a real treat!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast