Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST

SharonAnne~don't know if you saw the sign up but they have a new contest up...postcards....and since I was the lucky recipient of one of your awesome quilted postcards....you should definitely enter
    Brenda

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Never seen that kind of needle organizer, I'm going to have to make 1 of those. Maybe I'll be able to keep them all in 1 place with that. Guess I'd need 1 for each machine too, so if you get my name.....just saying?!?
    There's another new swap too Brenda. Anastasia is starting 1 for a table runner or table mat, plenty of turn around time, I can hardly wait, use them in my dining room and kitchen year around, just change out for the season, holiday or time of the year. Hope everyone checks it out, should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Never seen that kind of needle organizer. Guess I'd need 1 for each machine too, so if you get my name.....just saying?!?
    Better hope you don't get my name or you're going to be sadly disappointed
    I don't want to gloat .........but..........there is another three sides to fill with needles after the first one (and a clear pocket inside the front and back cover) that aren't shown in the photo . How about some tea?
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    I figured there was knitette but you can do it...after all you got the real thing right in front of you to go by. You're just not nice you know, rubbing it in For your punishment, you best start measuring and practicing.

Blog Entries
    Just checked my mailbox and again no SP package so I guess I am on the bench with all of you. I am bringing donuts with chocolate & nuts on them. So scoot over everyone.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Blog Entries
    This must be the month from h___. Don't think I've ever seen this many people waiting. Must have been alot of black cats out there or all of us walked under a ladder or? Just very unusual. We need out of this slump, post for next month Lori please and let's start anew.

Still nothing from either swap Jaba?
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Nope not yet

Blog Entries
    almost makes you want to quit the swaps doesn't it. I did once but then I enjoy it so much that I just had to come back.

Well, I know that on both of the swaps Lori and I run, we make sure to give negative feedback and not allow participation in the future and we always get angels too, so please don't quit because of a few "flakers"!! We'd all miss you
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    I'm not going anywhere I really love this swap. Sometimes it just gets frustrating going to the mailbox and nothing. I so enjoy the surprise.

Blog Entries

Received both of my packages

greenini and luvststoquilt...Thank you so much for all the surprises you sent to me. I was out of town and it was lovely to receive these packages when we received the mail. You will see by the pictures how much I received from each of you. I love the books, the red licorice, the fat quarters and the oh so many goodies I found.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

I'm missing out on both swaps, too Brenda21. But, I agree with Verna, I'm not going anywhere. I really do enjoy the swaps - and if sometimes it's late, I'm sure there's a reason. I got a message through the moderator about one being late (FQs), but they still aren't here either. All will be worth the wait - and I am enjoying the company on the bench with me. (hey, I typed this whole thing with 2 hands - my broken arm is getting somewhat b etter! I start PT next week and I can guarantee it'll be worse for the first week or so)
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Worse in a week, where's your positive thinking miss vanogay? I did get the FQ's today so yours should come shortly, worth the wait. You all will just have to put up with me 'cause I'm not leaving either!! I am standing on very solid ground and nothing, nothing can move me off, well unless Lori or Brenda do, heaven forbid, I better watch my peas and cues.

Blog Entries

Tada!!!!!

I got it, I got it!!!hav4boys sent me an amazing package. 2 hard cover books, lap quilting and lullaby quilts, can't wait to look through them and see what kind of trouble they get me into. 3 pkgs. of quilt binding, hand needles, kleenix, she must know I have allergies hand sanitizer and powder, 7 beautiful pieces of fabric, recipe binder and organizer, notepad, seam ripper, yahoo peanut butter M & M's, my favorite, and a beautiful curly scarf for the cold weather. I've never seen one made like this and she did a fantastic job on it, it's so soft and cuddly. Thank you so much Kathy, you really made my day!!!Name:  DSCF0923.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  1.21 MBName:  DSCF0925.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  1.22 MBJeezers I'm getting old, I love this scarf!

Jaba, you're adorable.

So.. I made a swap toooooo.. my firstest ever. Come join us to take your mind off not having your presents yet. Also don't despair yet, the month isn't over. It's close.. but not over. And since I haven't started singing yet, it's not over One way or another, a package will arrive. Possibly a little late, but there nonetheless. That is, of course, why the hosts/esses have mailing deadlines.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
    Should have stayed home from work. My MS is kicking in badly right now and need to sleep. Wish my supervisor can understand this Hoping all will receive their packages soon! Have a great day everyone.
    Look into family medical leave act and getting a doctor to approve intermittent absences, then your supervisor has to. downside, it's usually unpaid leave unless you have stored up vacation/sick time thats paid and usable.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Blog Entries
    )O, I only just realized we could post pictures of our fabulous packages! Every one of my secret pals has been wonderful. I already unpacked my box, ate the candy, read the magazine and used one of the fat quarters! A public thank you to beebopp71 and to all my previous secret pals! This is my favorite swap, I have so much fun putting packages together! And getting them too!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Jaba, A beautiful scarf for a beautiful lady.
    quiltnut4ever, I am so sorry your ms is acting up. One of the ladies in my Bible study has ms and I have fibromyalgia. Both conditions have flairs. It is frustrating when we have to miss out on daily activities. I will pray for you to feel better soon.
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Look into family medical leave act and getting a doctor to approve intermittent absences, then your supervisor has to. downside, it's usually unpaid leave unless you have stored up vacation/sick time thats paid and usable.
    Ana, I was just going to recommend it to her. Before I became permanently disabled I was on intermittent family medical act. So what would happen is it I woke up and wasn't feeling good that day I called in and told them to put me on "intermittent family medical act" and there was NOTHING the company could do about it. Although if you work in an "at will" state they can just lay you off because they want to. It's a no win situation and I am soo very sorry that you have to deal with pain. I know the pain. ((((hugs))) to quiltnut4ever.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Jaba~I'm so glad that something has arrived for you!!!! YIPPEE...and you and your scarf ARE adorable!!
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Thank you all, don't know about the adorable part, just looks plain old and wrinkly to me, BUT the scarf is adorable. I think I could wear it around the house, it is yummy, yep, that's the word just plain yummy!!!
    Come one, come all, join anastasia's swap too. We'll all make table runners and post more pictures....

Jaba - I heartily agree that you are definitely adorable! You have such twinklie, happy, sparkley eyes. I'll bet you are a bit of a devil when you want to be. Love the scarf - very toasty looking and the colors are great.

Brenda21 - I DID notice the quilted postcard swap and I've already put on my thinking cap!! Too many ideas is the problem - I have a tough time making a decision!! But before I can start on that, I need to make my Halloween costume for work. There are 10 of us in my department, and we are dressing up as Toy Story characters. I am to be Mrs. Potatohead (I don't need a whole lot of fake padding -lol). Took a long lunch today and found the perfect color fleece for 50% off at Hancock fabrics. Will be making Mr & Mrs costumes, since the Mr half of my duo does not sew.

Anastasia - I hope your swap is a huge success. I'll be sure and take a look at the rules.

Quiltnut4ever - So sorry your MS is bothering you. My muscles are aching lately and I'm wondering what is going on. Will be researching the internet if it lasts much longer. Someone told me that Soymilk is not good for you and I drink about 1/2 cup per day. Perhaps it is causing a reaction or a buildup in my system.
    Last edited by SharonAnne; 10-26-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

YIPEE,,,,Skippy got my sp box today from JoeJoe31...and it was jammed with goodies. Several chunks of cute debbie mumm fabric, floral fab, m & ms (a big bag), cute floral tote, a novel nto reAD, A BOOK ON FAITH, RECIPE CARDS,LEARN TO QUILT WALL HANGING,4 FAT QUARTERS,NOTE PAD,IRON ON LEAVES, quilt magazine, and the coolest prettypurple door hanging with six pockets each one filled with goodies, tea, buttons, coffee, embrodiery thread, page markers,sticky notes., pkg. of red buttons.... oh my... the box was so full, and so appreciated. THANK YOU VERY MUCH... I stepped out in sept. and decided the swaps are so much fun and I enjoy the hjunt, the waiting, thew anticipation etc.. My sweet little kitty even helped nopen the box.... Made my day .
    catsnquiltsgotogether

Quote Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
    If anyone does the FabShop hop can you help me. I have been looking forever for the bunny at Peggy Annes Quilting & Sewing #54 on the list. All I need is some kind of hint please.

Thanks
    Verna did you find the bunny yet...I went to check it out, since they didn't have a hint but had the comment next to the logo about mittens and kits I looked there and it is at the bottom of that page.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 ... LastLast