Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST

Judith1005,
    Thank you again for the update from Melissa. I'm glad that they are all well and do agree that the material things someday can be replaced but the lives of family and friends is most treasurable. My continued prayers for Krystyna and all her family.

Wanted to let my Secret Angel know that I got my package today. I don't know who you are but thank you so very much! I really like everything that you sent and the dogs love their toys.
    I will try to post a pic later.
    verna2197
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Got a package today, also. Mine was from Letsquilt and she included some lucious PURPLE fabrics and PURPLE buttons. Also included was a ledger book, a Debbie Mumm pattern book, a cross stitch ornament pattern, a ruler, a yo-yo maker and some of my favorite candy. The picture doesn't do my PURPLE fabrics justice, but trust me - they are gorgeous!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

That's an awesome pkg!

pretty purples!!
    Brenda

OMG, Krystyna was my SP a few months ago and what an awesome, awesome person. I felt so blessed to have been on the receiving end on such a wonderful SP partner. Now, it may be necessary for all of us to be a "Best Quilting Pal" for her when she gets things organized again and recovers from her loss. I am definitely in to send her a "Best Quilting Pal" package. We luv u Krystyna and you and your family are in our prayers.

Hi All,
    I am collecting quilts for Krystyna to distribute to her community. I live about 30 miles from Long Beach. My first adult home was there, 3 blocks from the beach. My family is safe in NYC but the losses for others is great. I have a lovely quilt from Boom 6 I can spare. I can put together some tops I made of the Mystery Ride. If you can join this collection, pm please. I think 2 groups are also making Krystyna personal quilts. Quilters rock! Stay safe, Dotty
    Dotty in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Hi All,
    I am collecting quilts for Krystyna to distribute to her community. I live about 30 miles from Long Beach. My first adult home was there, 3 blocks from the beach. My family is safe in NYC but the losses for others is great. I have a lovely quilt from Boom 6 I can spare. I can put together some tops I made of the Mystery Ride. If you can join this collection, pm please. I think 2 groups are also making Krystyna personal quilts. Quilters rock! Stay safe, Dotty
    Dotty,

Thank goodness you and yours are safe. My DD/SIL/DGKS in NJ and DS in DE are all safe, but DD is without power. To date nothing has been done in her neighborhood and there is no power, water, food, etc. Gratefully, they have moved in with her in-laws in NJ who have a generator. She is working hard as an RN at a local hospital and says that the ER is constantly full, as are the operating rooms. Still, my kids' houses were spared damage and flooding. My heart goes out to Krystyna. There is a note as to where to send donations (checks) to her, but I'm not sure if we should trust the mail service yet, and can she even cash checks anyway. My boss's husband suffered smoke inhalation on LI when his house caught fire and ended up in the hospital. Talk about pitiful - his wallet was stolen and it HAD to have been by one of the first responders. He was to have left for CA (moving here) last Wed. Obviously that has been postponed - house is uninhabitable for the time being. This is so heartbreaking - I know lots of people in NJ and Long Island, having lived in both places. Cannot get past the choked up feeling for all of them.
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

Sharon~mail is going to Melissa's parents which is in an unaffected area and K has banking available in other areas than her neighborhood...
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    I saw somewhere on line that one house had power and put out a power strip with a sign welcoming everyone to charge up their phones...Now that thinking and probably really appreciated.
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    I am having a really bad weekend, Dr appt Friday (Rhematogist) added more med for fibro Which makes me sleepy and another side effect is that it makes me clumsy. So last night I fell down! Not serious but fell into doorknob and cut my elbow. Having bake sale tomorrow so had to make stuff for that. Came home to finish list and start giving out names and my spreadsheet got erased by ME!!! Tried to restore to another time but that doesn't do anything with documents. So had to start again. So this explains why no one has their names yet. Sorry, sorry. sorry!

Oh Lori! So sorry to hear that you hurt your self!!! Don't over do it...we all understand
    Brenda

Lori, please dont worry the names will come out when they come out. Hope you take the time to relax, eat one of those cakes perhaps have a glass of wine, if you were in England I would say watch Downton Abbey, get a good night's sleep and start again tomorrow. Hugs Eileen

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar

nov sp

Lori please don't worry about getting out names ... things are getting busy for all of us and a delay here is nothing . Take care of yourself and feel better before you even start. We aren't going anywhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    I am having a really bad weekend, So last night I fell down! Not serious but fell into doorknob and cut my elbow. Having bake sale tomorrow so had to make stuff for that.

Oh, Lori, not to worry...just take care of yourself. We can imagine how much work this is each month just to get the names out then ride herd on us all....we're just grateful you take it on...hugs, Jo

hang in there Lori, we get it... sit down and relax a bit.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Hang in there Lori, its ok if we do not get the names right now. Health is first and we're here for you if you need anything.

Blog Entries
    you have fiber M? oh wow wasn't aware...take your time and just breathe for awhile...blessings
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

SP package!

No one went out to check the mail today so I ventured to the mailbox and I got an sp package from Starshine! Thank you so much! Especially the buckeyes! And the fabric with the buckeyes is awesome! The gloves I will definitely use once we have our "colder" weather in Dec. or Jan. It doesn't stay cold for long but we do feel it in the mornings on our way to work! The kit kats are not in the pics since I put them in the fridge so I can take them to work tomorrow morning. Thank you again for the nice package and cute card too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

QuiltNut - nice package and the buckeyes are really neat. I have had one for many years - I use it as "thought therapy" - I hold it and rub it and let my mind wander. SOmetimes my mind wanders without the nut, though!
    Lori, please take care of yourself and we may pester you, but we really aren't going any place and will wait for our November names.
    Kathleen

Brenda21 - I sent to Krystyna via PayPal. Worked like a charm and so easy. Now I want to send a cheerful greeting card, maybe with a Starbucks giftcard inside. Coffee or tea or Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate might bring a wee smile to her face for a moment. Yes, I DO love that hot chocolate!!!
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
    Brenda21 - I sent to Krystyna via PayPal. Worked like a charm and so easy. Now I want to send a cheerful greeting card, maybe with a Starbucks giftcard inside. Coffee or tea or Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate might bring a wee smile to her face for a moment. Yes, I DO love that hot chocolate!!!
    Awesome!! Glad it worked
    Brenda

Sharon Anne,
    I love love hot chocolate from Starbucks. I don't drink coffee but I get my hot chocolate every morning on my way to work!

Blog Entries
    Sharon, I sent via paypal, as well, that system is almost too easy. At least when it comes to ebay. LOL I hadn['t thought of the starbucks card, too. Good for you, I think that is a great idea. In these times, I'm sure she is concentrating on the needs of her familiy, and comfort foods can be just as important!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I didn't think of Paypal - sent a card with cash inside. Fretted over it, but noticed a posting from Melissa just recently that mentioned having received cards for her from -**- and my name was among them, so will assume it got there with the cash still inside. Future sendings might very well be through Paypal. How does she get the cash to her - and is there a charge for it (like Western Union)?
    Kathleen

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 LastLast