Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Friends I have a confession to make.I didn;t make it to the p.o. as planned,had a little car trouble.Hopefully everything is fixed and will get to the p.o. tomorrow.I haven;t been for a week so maybe a package is waiting on me?Hopefully. Maybe it is the one that moonrise is talking about.Well I;ll find out in the morning.I hope my sp will like her package,I think her furbabies might.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
"♪♫♪ I got a firmy ♪♫♪", from Sarah in Ga. and it is awesome
The box was so heavy and when I opened it, I let it sit until my husband came in so he could see it too. His first words.
"Oh no, more material." Too funny, you know we ALL want more fabric!

I got gorgeous, handmade note cards. I write cards to soldiers and friends every week. There were Nautical pillow panels (love), 6 rolls of pretty yardage, 2 paisley FQ, dishtowls, 2 hot pads, buttons, note pad (which I need daily), frog/flower hanger (so cute) and a brand new book by Thomas Steinbeck that I can't wait to read. There is even a bookmark. WOW! I LOVED my swap package. It was awesome. Posting photos......Wait for it......wait for it.
Wow great package. I love the note cards that you got.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:46 PM

Wow! Great pkgs everyone! Haven't been on the computer much, I'm trying to finish my fall quilt. The top is all pieced and I have to start quilting tomorrow. It ended up being 106 x 86. For a newbie like me that's huge! Now is when I wish I had a long arm and knew how to use it! LOL!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy
Thanks Walk-n-roll. You sent me a great package! I didn't even pick up on the hints until I looked back today. I love it all and hope I didn't forget anything.

Two pals and two great packages in 4 days! I love everything I received.

Here is what I got from Diana aka Walk-n-roll!
I love the kitty fabric. I will have to try and find some of it for the kitty quilt that I am going to make for my DH. I showed this to him and he just loved it.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 PM

Wow! great packages received today. Love all the handmade items, that pumpkin TP holder is too cute Wanda Lou. As are all these pincushions,holders and bags, Mary. Lucky recipients.

Wanda Lou and Tussy, sending you best wishes for your upcoming eye operations, my mom had one done over the summer and she loves her new eyes. :-P

Krystyna, those angels are beautiful. And I am NOT your SP, here I am fessing up :mrgreen:

And Patty Patches, hope you get your car troubles fixed soon, as I believe you have a package waiting for you at the mailbox (not from me :P )
Old 10-11-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116
Great packages Skaduzy! Too funny that you got dust bunnies. HaHa
I love your board name BTW.!
And she didn't say anything, but Diana got that pkg ready quickly so she could be on hand for the birth of her newest granddaughter!
Well, she packed a neat package! :thumbup:

Best wishes to Grandma, the family, and the new baby girl.
So glad you and Sassy liked your package. It has been a very busy time. GB #7, Annabella, and Mom are doing well.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
Came home today(after one of the top 3 worst days in the history of work) and waiting for me was an AWESOME firmy from Mary (Lawsonmugs)....needless to say, after the day I had, to see her generosity and beautiful hand work, crying was involved haha..I got 3 triangles of fabric in my favorite colors, 2 quilting magazines and a pattern that I haven't seen yet, an angel 2012 wall calendar, a BIG bag of smarties (yum), and now for all the hand made goodies- a crock pot lid pot holder (really neat), a Halloween tissue holder, matching manicure case with tools, an adorable Halloween mugrug, a very cute dishtowel dress decoration, a quilting hoop with sewing notions on it that will be going on the wall in my sewing room, a really cool pin cushion that looks like a small sewing machine,a vintage needle pack and vintage sewing kit, cute Halloween poem and adorable card. Mary you were beyond generous and I LOVE everything...thank you thank you thank you....hugs
I love all of the crafty things that she made for you. Note to Mary: If you ever get me I want them too....lol
Old 10-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
Friends I have a confession to make.I didn;t make it to the p.o. as planned,had a little car trouble.Hopefully everything is fixed and will get to the p.o. tomorrow.I haven;t been for a week so maybe a package is waiting on me?Hopefully. Maybe it is the one that moonrise is talking about.Well I;ll find out in the morning.I hope my sp will like her package,I think her furbabies might.
Sorry about the car trouble! Hope it's fixed now. :)

As far as who the package is for, I'll just have to say "no comment"! :lol: :-P
Old 10-11-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by walk-n-roll
Originally Posted by thomp116
Great packages Skaduzy! Too funny that you got dust bunnies. HaHa
I love your board name BTW.!
And she didn't say anything, but Diana got that pkg ready quickly so she could be on hand for the birth of her newest granddaughter!
Well, she packed a neat package! :thumbup:

Best wishes to Grandma, the family, and the new baby girl.
So glad you and Sassy liked your package. It has been a very busy time. GB #7, Annabella, and Mom are doing well.
Congratulations. Post a picture of the new baby when you can.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
OK, package is ready to mail today and I printed postage online. No lines at the post office!!! Gotta love that feature and the 15% off and free confirmation... It will soon be on its way to a place where the deer and the antelope roam.
Haven't checked my backyard, but there might be some deer and antelope back there! Something has been eating my grapes.

My backyard garden is plagued by cats, birds, rats, and spiders. See photo of a spider I ran into on Sunday. Size of a quarter, hairy and scary. Yes, it IS eating birdie doo doo. Do you make wine out of the grapes if you have any left? If so, I'll be right over.

Fleur de lis Spider sat down beside me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]269895[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-269842.jpe