Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

thomp what very nice goodies you recieved. I love your wall boarder in the background. Mary
Old 10-25-2011, 08:07 AM

Prayers for wanda lou~~hope your surgery goes well and recovery is a breeze.

=Krystyna....On the second try I just made the hole bigger and while I could have done something creative with lace, I didn't think you wanted an X-rated quilting shirt!
Would this be like Elaine's Christmas card on Seinfeld?

here's a pic from a covered bridge in Astabulah for all who are missing autumn colors in nature.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276816.jpe  
Old 10-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful picture. Mary
Old 10-25-2011, 08:16 AM

Beautiful picture! Makes me want to go back to Tenn.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:18 AM

Wanda Lou I hope your surgery goes well today and you make a speedy recovery.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
thomp what very nice goodies you recieved. I love your wall boarder in the background. Mary
Thanks, Mary. I think the border will be going away, though. I always liked it, but now I think I am going to do something totally different in my dining room.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thomp116
Thanks, Mary. I think the border will be going away, though. I always liked it, but now I think I am going to do something totally different in my dining room.
What ya gonna do? My kitchen I painted it a very pale peach.Above my cupboards is a soffet. It;s about 10" tall and goes around 2 short walls of cupboards.So on it I am going to paint some baby chicks and mama hens setting.Then glue some hay here and there and cover the whole thing with chicken wire framed in old wood boards to look like a big chicken coop.My kitchen is decorated with chickens and some farm animals.Hope it turns out well.So now tell me what your going to do.OK? Mary
Old 10-25-2011, 12:15 PM

I just checked the tracking number......

The package arrives tomorrow!!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by thomp116
What ya gonna do? My kitchen I painted it a very pale peach.Above my cupboards is a soffet. It;s about 10" tall and goes around 2 short walls of cupboards.So on it I am going to paint some baby chicks and mama hens setting.Then glue some hay here and there and cover the whole thing with chicken wire framed in old wood boards to look like a big chicken coop.My kitchen is decorated with chickens and some farm animals.Hope it turns out well.So now tell me what your going to do.OK? Mary
Wow. Would love to see a picture.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Swap Hosts

Well, I am not having a good day at all. But I give thanks to God that my troubles are not big ones in comparison to many. And I thank him for these troubles.

1. Waiting for Verizon to come today to switch over all of our services - internet, phone, and television. They called yesterday to confirm, but had the town wrong. Hubby took off so I wouldn't be alone with them. Well, waiting, waiting, waiting and on the phone for two hours ... yes, two hours ... and guess what? MAYBE they will come on Saturday some time or other. Thank you God that I have internet service, a computer, a telephone and television set to have this service for - whenever they decide to come. Thank you!

2. My embroidery machine seized up. I have several projects that need to go out the door. Had it will cost a minimum of $129 plus tax to get this rolling and maybe I will have it in a week. Thank you, God for allowing me to be blessed with this equipment and the husband who got it for me.

3. Went to load the machine in my car and noticed that when the city workers who mow the grass came by, they must have kicked up a rock which smashed the window on my car. Lots more time wasted on the phone with corporation council and waiting for the police to make a report ... and getting on the phone to find out about getting it repaired. Not covered by insurance. $185 plus tax out the window (no pun intended) Thank you, God for the gracing me with a car that has windows and runs.

4. Went to the bank to get money for the sewing machine and car window and found out I was overdrawn! Very large four-figure check from a customer bounced. For stuff I already sent out. Moment of extreme panic. I called and she apologized for accidentally using a check on a closed account. She immediately paid through Paypal, covering my bank fee, too, and all is good. Thank you God for the gift of running an unexpected business.

5. Wanted to use an extra large embroidery hoop for a special project. It cost $90 when I got it almost a year ago. Doesn't fit my machine, which isn't working anyway. BUT the shop took it back to exchange it for the right one which was supposed to come with 30 free designs. The disk wasn't in the package which I saw when we were on the highway so I called them. They had no idea where it was and sounded stressed. I looked at the photos of the designs and said, you know what? I don't really like any of them anyway so don't bother. Big relief and many thanks from them and they moved my repair to the head of the line. Thank you God for these lovely people and for the hoop that I hope to use soon.

So, earlier in the day when I stood in the middle of my living room and yelled "I AM NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY!" I had the good sense to mentally slap myself and say Thank you, God! I do not live in the middle east or in Greece, I have a roof over my head with electricity and running water and an indoor toilet. I am still standing with relatively no aches and pains as is my husband. So THANK YOU GOD! Life is good and I am blessed to have the tiny problems that I have today.

Oh, and my secret pal doesn't seem to have sent out her package to me but I do not care. Overall, it is so unimportant.

(Stepping down from the pulpit now)